Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got an appt next week with surgeon to remove band

Well my journey began June 2012 and since then I haven't felt good the entire time, knew something was wrong but just couldn't pinpoint it. First 6 months was nauseated and vomiting then Dec '12 had my gallbladder removed, kept losing toenails and getting infections at toenails along with other health issues. Dr's did blood work and finally came back positive for autoimmune disease. I am currently being treated for undetermined lupus right now. With all this said, I am taking narcotics around the clock for constant pain in joints and muscles and I may say getting addicted. It has come to me that my health is more important to me than the band and for me to be able to take NSAID's on a regular basis along with other drugs that are out there that are restricted from taking while having the band. My surgeon is concerned about my diagnosis anyway of lupus cause that alone with the connective tissue can cause slippage and errosion. I have an appt next Thurs to discuss removing my band. This is bittersweet for me but like I said this is a foreign object in my body and my health comes first. With discipline and my mom whom I live with as the food police as she is now anyway I pray I can keep the weight I've lost off and who knows maybe lose the addt's 40 lbs I need to lose to get to a good weight for me, a realistic weight for me. This will cost me as I will be self pay as my Anthem BCBS has stopped paying for any bariatric anything starting this Jan, '14, sigh. You guys have been my lap band family and my rocks to lean on when I neeeded you the most and from the bottom of my heart I thank you for that.

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this and facing more surgery and removal of your band on top of it. In the end, tho you need to do what is right for your health and well being, that has to be your first priority. I hope that removal of your band and a solid treatment plan gets you on the road to recovery and you feel much better, soon.

As for you weight, the last forty can be conquered with help and support of your mom and friends. Don't give up. You can do it. :)

thank you "icy one", yes I have complete support from friends and family. and yes I dread the surgery but hopefully I will recover quickly. Thanks again.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you all the best with everything. Take care!!!

Donna has your doctor ever said anything to you about fibromyalgia. I have it and it does cause muscle pain, tendon pain and joint pain. I take nsaids daily or I would not be able to do anything let alone get out of bed. I think that your health is important but I would also see if its more then your lupus causing you the issues. Best of luck to you anyway. I know its a hard decision.

i hope they won't have to remove your band. i have heard from a few ppl that wt. loss is the best thing for lupus and fibromyalgia. i hope that they see your post and offer their advice and knowledge. it's horrible what you are going through. please feel better soon. and i pray that whatever treatment the doctors feel is right for you works.

All I can say is yes our health is important but I hope it is not connected to your band and that you at least feel better , it is your decision always , stay in touch though and you will lose you had a tool helping you , by now though you know what you have to do for you , the tool helps us , but maybe you don't need it as you have gotten used to what you can eat and what we are suppose to stay away from so that we don't gain , good luck and please satay in touch.

Donna, ((((hugs))) to you. I know that you have had your up/downs with health issues this past year. As others have said, stay in touch, we really want to hear how you are doing. God bless! Karen..aka.kll724

Edited by kll724

sorry to read this donna as we were banded nearly same date/time frame.

i concur with karen (sending you hugs) and all the best to you...hang in there

beautiful woman.

Sending healing thoughts your way, Donna. I hope you are able to get a clear diagnosis and treatment that doesn't keep you in that world of narcotics. It's terrible to live in pain. I was surprised that my doctors are fine with NSAIDS as needed for arthritis.

Oh my friend. I am sending you love and hugs and everything and anything I can throw at you for you to feel better! I really hope that everything works out for you, though I am curious as to why the Dr. would want to remove your band. I understand about the risks of taking all that medication, but I also wonder if there are some trans-dermal medications that might help as well without the risk to the band.

Currently this is something that my husband is working with since he is banded and in extreme pain from degenerative hip disease. He needs a replacement but he's holding off to lose as much weight as he can before.

This Lupus is scary stuff and the more I read the more anxiety it gives me...

So sorry to hear all that you are going through Donna. Ditto to what everyone

else has said. I pray that you get the pain under control. Do what you have to do.

Health and happiness first and foremost. Good luck with everything. Keep in touch.

I'm sad you're having your band removed but happy that you're taking steps to being healthy and happy. Don't be a stranger.

tmf

Very sorry Donna. I hope you are able to get your health back. I have arthritis and some days I need to take Ibuprofen or Aleve. My Dr. is okay with it as long as I don't overdue it..

Donna,

I'm sorry to hear of your continued struggles. i know from reading your posts and talking with you this past year, you have been through quite an ordeal, both with the band and other health/family issues. You are a strong person! I wish you the best with whatever you and your medical team determine is the best path forward. I will be thinking of you and praying for you my friend. Best wishes