Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone before surgery purge their closet? I was cleaning out my closet and notice how much clothes I won't be able to wear anymore. I know not right away I won't be out of them, but man ever since I've started this process I'm down 10lbs. I already feel my clothes getting loose. I did get rid of anything yet, just separated my stuff by size. When did you decide to start letting things go?

I started donating clothes as I dropped a few sizes. When clothes started hanging on me, my co-workers commented that I needed to go shopping. I was confused at first and then they clarified that I shouldn't keep wearing things that were too big. I have always had multiple sizes of clothing in the closet so I too have organized them by size. As things get baggy, I move them to the donation pile. Since the surgery, I have donated over 15 bags (the kitchen size bags) of clothes to Good Will. No longer are there size 20, 22, 24 or 26 clothing in my house. There are 5 bags of size 18 and 16 in the garage for the next pick up. I am now wearing 14 (almost too loose) and 12's (fit just right). I didn't have many size 12's and don't want to buy any so the 14's will do until I am in the 10's. My goal is to wear a size 8 so after the surgery, my daughter took me out shopping to by my "dream wardrobe". I have them tucked away and hope to be in the size 8 in a few months.

I'm seven weeks out, and within the first month, I had to pick up some smaller clothes from the thrift store (don't want to invest a lot in transitional sizes). At about 5 weeks post-op, I pulled all the 22/24/26 and 1X/2X/3X out for donation, and left in the 18/20 and L/XL. Had to go out again this last weekend for a few more things as the 20s are now too baggy on me. I picked up a 16W pants to move into, but they already fit! Need to go out again for more 16s, and maybe some 14s and 12s.

I went from a 52" waist to a 34" I went from a 4x shirt to a large. Whata pain in the neck re clothes but ALL GOOD!!!

Chris

I'm the opposite! I gain most of my weight in the last couple of years so I didn't shop that much, seems nothing looked right on me anyway. I still have my 18, 20, and 22's, and they are cute too! :) So I am super excited to fit into them again and still buy more. I did go shopping and bought me a cute outfit in a size 10-11.....I really want to get into that!