Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 'head' wants me to eat BIG TIME

Wow. I'm struggling today, even a bit frustrated re: food. Today makes 7 weeks since my VSG and I'm in my 2nd stall: 1st stall ~ 2 weeks ago (at 23 pounds down); now, stuck at 30 pounds down. My 'head' is missing food today. I want a sho'nuff BIG meal. I not only like food, I like a LOT of food. (I do...or did).

If I didn't have the stall, maybe I'd be okay today, but the stall/plateau makes me want to say '[forget] it' and just eat...but I can't anyway! Two-three bites and I'm full. My head is missing a day of cooking and eating a full meal and even baking a pie. Hmmm. It's gonna be a long day, it seems.

Just needed to vent. Thanks.

Oh...and I REALLY want to drink a ton of Water like I used to. I love Water and these periodic swallows are annoying. And I'd said I wouldn't complain about that. Oh well.

I see the cycle of this process. Guess that's why we're 'here'--to commiserate, support and understand each other along this journey. Thank goodness we're not alone.

Hang in there - it will get better.

The other day I made Shepherds Pie, something I ate a lot of pre-op. I ponied up to the dish and scooped out a huge serving like I would have before surgery - like a cup and walked over to the table. I looked down at that big mound of food and said, "What am I doing? I will only eat about 1/4 of that!" I went back to the stove, scooped a bunch out and returned to the table and ate about 1/4 of my original portion.

Old habits die hard - I found myself reaching into a bag of chips...I can have chips, they aren't illegal, but I threw them in the garbage as a symbolic move. Those aren't for me.

I had a stall for 10 days between weeks 2 and 3 and have only lost .4 pounds this week, so I suspect another one is upon me. It sucks. It's time for me to put the scale away. I can only control what I put in my mouth and how much exercise I get. I can't control what my body is going to do - it's going to work things out on it's own timeframe.

You're doing great - you got this!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm three months out and have found that I can eat pretty much anything, just really small portions. I was hoping that I wouldn't be able to tolerate bread so it would be easy to avoid but that has not turned out to be the case. I've loosened up my restrictions and as result the weight isn't coming off so fast. I need to get back to basics but getting my head to follow is another matter. I come here for inspiration to stay on track.

You said you are upset about a stall then you said you want to eat lots. As an emotional eater myself it looks like you are upset and want food to comfort you

7 weeks out, that's a hard time. Here are a few things that maybe could help you:

• Weigh no more than once a week, even every two weeks. Weight loss has very sporadic progress. Weight more often and it just bums you out.
  • Keep in mind that a true stall is a 3 week+ period of no loss. Less than 3 weeks is just normal ups and downs of weight loss.
  • Stalls eventually go away. And then they come back LOL. It's part of the journey.
  • Measure yourself every 3 - 4 weeks. Tape measure changes can happen when scale changes don't (and vice versa).

Keep up the good work and stay positive. Best of luck to you!

Honey, I am right there with ya. I'm 8 weeks out today and have lost quite a bit but its sporadic. I wont lose anything for a week and then the scale goes down 5 pounds. Sometimes it's just plan ass hard to stay on track.... but I do, for the most part. I hate that I can't lose as fast as I want. However, I also know it wont take as long as I think!

I may be stalled, but I tried on some pants tonight (for a board meeting tomorrow), and I will wear some slacks I haven't worn in over four years! also a nice jacket that I can button! THAT lifted my spirits...as have your notes of encouragement.

I see the cycle of this process. Guess that's why we're 'here'--to commiserate, support and understand each other along this journey. Thank goodness we're not alone.

I jus wanted to say ... keep going, just keep going. You (we) are very much not alone. Although, I'm guessing that you, like me, often feel very alone?

For me, being obese is a very lonely place. The fact that I can't manage something that sounds *so* simple is part if what makes me feel so alone. Why do other people manage to stay a healthy weight, but not me? Why do my mom, my sisters and my brothers manage, but not me? (There are other obese members in my family, but not many) .

I even tried just to maintain my weight (at an overweight BMI) and I couldn't do that either! That made me despair, and again feel alone.

I want this to be a positive post for you. Keep going, just keep going, because people on the forum are [bold] HERE [/bold] to support and understand. Even better than that, we are here without judgement. For me that is part of the beauty if the forums, omtge support that each if is can give each other is given unconditionally.

It makes me feel less alone (although I am still very scared preop!).

I hope you feel less alone too.

Wishing you success