Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hello everyone I've been following your thread for last few months. I was banded in ACS in January 2007 by Jerome. I'm just wondering what everyone put on their MED1 form about the surgery? Do I just put stomach surgery on it??? I'm going to send mine in now but I'm worried they'll look for a letter from my GP as I haven't told him I had the op:confused2:

Hey Lil,

Great to see you posting, sorry I can't help you, I can't get any tax back as I don't pay any tax in Ireland. Although if I remember correctly I heard that they will put gastric surgery on the receipt and not mention the band. Terrific weight loss. Well done you. :tt2:

Hi All,

I'm sorry I didn't check my PM's for two days, have answered those pending and I sent a few myself. :tt2:

Hi Ellen thanks so much for replying. Will send receipts in so and hope for the best. Well done yourself your doing great.

Love Lil

Hey Lil,

Great to see you posting, sorry I can't help you, I can't get any tax back as I don't pay any tax in Ireland. Although if I remember correctly I heard that they will put gastric surgery on the receipt and not mention the band. Terrific weight loss. Well done you. :tt2:

Thanks Coco. As you know I've been watching the posts but hadn't a clue how to post:blink: so decided to have a go. Its great theres so many Irish people on that have been banded by ACS at least we can see how everyone else is getting on. Fantastic weight loss yourself you've done brilliant, your putting me to shame I need a good kick to get me moving again:crying:

Love Lil

hi Lori and all out there

I had my app cancelled for the 26 as well,Iwas meeting up with my friend that had it done on the same day as me. When I called her up to say it was a pity it was cancelled she said no one called her, so she hung up and called to confirm her app with acs with MR Jan and they said thats fine. She called me back and I was livid, so I picked up the phone and called to confirm my app, she said I wasnt on the list. so I asked was Mr Jan in that day she said yes and didnt know why my app was cancelled. She put me on to Lynn who told me he wasnt in and didnt know anyhing more untill next week.so try and figure that one out.

Hi i am bree from the usa, I had my surgery too weeks ago.I lost 16lb and i have not had my first fill. will i feel less hungry when i get my first fill?

Hi coco may I ask why your band slipped and did it make you vary ill?, did you have to be admitted to the hospital again. I hope all is going well for you now. bree

Hi coco may I ask why your band slipped and did it make you vary ill?, did you have to be admitted to the hospital again. I hope all is going well for you now. bree

Hi Bree,

There was no reason for the band slippage, it just happens to about 2% of people. The symptoms are not being able to keep anything down including fluids. There was no pain as such, after a slight defill I felt better and was able to drink fluids again, then I had an xray and my surgeon decided to repair the slip within two weeks of it happining. Everything is going v well now thank you:smile: I wouldn't wish a slip on anyone, but if it happens its usually just a blip on the road and doesn't always require further surgery.

Oh my God..... I just realised it's only 3 days and a bit to my op and I'm so nervous now.

I just want it to be over now!

Ailbhe, totally with you on this one. I'm just the week behind you and getting really nervous. One minute I'm nervous about the procedure and then the next I'm nervous that they'll find something during pre-op testing and tell me they can't do it. Have you been doing a pre-op diet?

Not really Elsie. Dr Chris recommends a low fat diet 2 weeks before surgery (which I only found out a week ago :thumbup: My own fault as he sent me the info but it was in Word format and I didn't have Word on the laptop so I only opened it this week)

So I've been trying to stick to that.

I'm terrified of something happening especially as I have a daughter who is just turned 5. But at the same time I am trying desperately to get rid of a head cold I have in case it means I can't have the op.

I know I'll go ahead with it I just can't help but feel apprehensive. Still, I'm in good hands and looking forward to life with the band!

i'm so annoyed with acs right now, just called to get an appointment and was told i need to ring back on monday. I've been ringing up for weeks and asking for an appointment and nobody has rang me back. They take my number every time and say they'll ring bak but i've heard nothing. haven't lost weight 'in ages and i haven't had a fill since november. very bad after service. was considering getting a Tummy Tuck and boob reduction but i won't be going through acs.

hi elsie& ailbhe we all know how nervous you are we were all the same its a big step probably the biggest one you will make bit well worth it.Im glad your going abroad because acs sucks at the moment,not that they could it anyway.we will all be rooting for you and loooking forward to seeing you back on the board. good luck and god bless xxxxxxx

Skinny I know where your comming from. Im pretty mad at the moment. Its like no ones in charge up there. When you ask for mgt the are away from their desk on on a holiday. I wish there was some one else in Ireland to do fills 5 months now and only 14 lbs gone, I could have done that without the band. ITS TIME STARTED TO MAKE SOME NOISE

Hi girls. Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with ACS. They seem to be quite poor at service.

This is from Chris deBruynes website

Consultation Dublin: Clifton House, Lower Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin2 (030408,080508,050608,040908,…), This address can be changed in the near furure.

All consultation dates and other urgent information you can find on my website Wilkommen auf der Obesity Assist Website

From now on all patients who require an appointment for London, Edinburgh or Dublin should phone this

number: (the new mobile of Miss Tosh 07872963503 )

They are open 8.30 am untill 5.30 pm Mon - Fri

You just have to refer that the consultation is for Dr De Bruyne Chris and for Obesity surgery.

You can find the consultation dates on my website Wilkommen auf der Obesity Assist Website

You will be informed about prices and where and when to come.

For any urgency you can phone the same number.

Thanks.

Dr De Bruyne Chris

I would say you will be able to have fills with him in Dublin even if you aren't an original patient of his. Worth a call anyway! The band isn't much use if it's not causing restriction! I think the charge is about €120 per fill though I'm not 100% certain.

HTH and all going well I'll be able to give a full report of Dr Chris on Wednesday! :thumbup:

Thanks Ailbe,will look it up.Im not so good on the old keyboard.Im the one finger typest, but Im told I could talk for the country.