Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi guys,

I was banded with ACS in 2007. I lost about 4st initially but I've been at a full stop as regards weight loss for well over a year , despite still having some restriction. I've been in contact with a few private hospitals but they dont seem to want to know you, if they haven't done the op themselves. I still need to lose at least 5st. Can anyone recommend where i could go to, to have the band reviewed and possibly get a fill. Many thanks guys and continued success to all!

Hiya (remember me I met you in town in Maggi and Julie a while back :confused:) a crowd called ECFS come over to Dublin once a month to do fills, they work in consultation with Chris De Bruyne in Belgium whos fantastic. It would be worth your while to go in and talk to Frederik Serneels or Chris Duprez they're fantastic. This is his email address frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Hi Emerald,well done on losing 4 stone!I don't know if you tried Gravitas in Blackrock,total package of care,I hated having to shell out more money after A.C.S.but the relief to be really looked after is great.Hope it all works out!

hi kila,

could you tell me some more about what service gravitas offers and what the cost is and aftercare etc. sorry for so many questions but knowledge is power!!!!!!! if you have a contact no for them too that would be great:rolleyes2:

thanks

geri:thumbup:

Lil and Kila .......thanks SO much for the info. I get so annoyed with myself when i think of the amount of money I shelled out for this band, and I have only myself to blame for continuing to eat all the crap:angry: In any case, the time for action is NOW, and I 'll defo get moving on contacting them and organising a review/fill.

Lil ....sounds like you've had a tough time of it lately, fingers crossed everything will turn out ok for you:thumbup: I haven't spoken to Maggi or Julie in ages - they were over again last Summer , but did'nt get to meet up with them. Maybe my liver would'nt have been up 2 it :smile2::biggrin:

Good luck to all !!!

Hi, well not long back from Blackrock Clinic, having had my endoscopy done and the worst possible outcome, I have erosion and have to have my band removed. I am totally devastated. Cant stop crying. Was really hoping that I would have got some good news but had'nt prepared myself for this outcome.

Have to go back to see Dr on Wednesday to see when I have to to in. So down. I know from reading up on erosion that you cannot get another band for at least 6 months after removal of a band from erosion. I dont even know if VHI are going to cover the cost of the operation to remove it. So scared and upset. I honestly dont know if I could ever have another band after this happening. But all I know is that it was the ONLY way I ever lost weight. B xx

Hi Brenners/Lil/Emerald and all.

Brenners, just read your post and am nearly in tears on your behalf. All I can say is like yourself the only success I have had losing weight is with the band. I know I haven't met you but I get the impression that you are a strong person and that you will be able to face getting a new band fitted when everything heals properly.

I am meeting with Frederik who is Dr Chirs De Bruynes right hand man next Thursday for a consultation about having a Tummy Tuck done. Did some research and they came back with a good inclusive price and have only read good things about them. Friend of mine just back from Belgium on Saturday having had the band fitted by them and said the hospital and care was top notch.

Best of luck Brenners on Wednesday, your luck will change for the better. Please stay in touch on the site.

xxx

Ger

Hi Brenners/Lil/Emerald and all.

Brenners, just read your post and am nearly in tears on your behalf. All I can say is like yourself the only success I have had losing weight is with the band. I know I haven't met you but I get the impression that you are a strong person and that you will be able to face getting a new band fitted when everything heals properly.

I am meeting with Frederik who is Dr Chirs De Bruynes right hand man next Thursday for a consultation about having a Tummy Tuck done. Did some research and they came back with a good inclusive price and have only read good things about them. Friend of mine just back from Belgium on Saturday having had the band fitted by them and said the hospital and care was top notch.

Best of luck Brenners on Wednesday, your luck will change for the better. Please stay in touch on the site.

xxx

Ger

Hi Ger I know its terrible for poor Brenners my heart goes out to her, I sent her a PM. Frederik is fantastic and I'm sure the surgeon he's recommending will be too. The hospital in Belgium is lovely and its spotless the cleaning lady was washing walls and doors when I was there! I'm so sorry I didnt go there for my op. I was thinking of getting a tummy tuck too but after all I've been through with the band and now the infection in the port and the pain theres not a chance I'd do it now!! Fair play to you I'm sure you'll be delighted with the results.

Frederik organises everything from the taxi from the airport to the hotel he's brilliant. The hotel is very near the hospital and the train station is right beside it and its only about 3 stop to Brussels centre....not that theres alot there!! Best of luck and let us know how her consultation goes.

I'm feeling alot better this week my tummy is not as sore. I still have to have it packed every day by a nurse and that'll have to go on for another 10 days or so. I've gotten over the shock of losing the port but I have to say I'm really enjoying being able to eat fruit and normal food again. I havent touched any rubbish since the op so please God it continues xx

Hey Guys ........hope everyone's doing well .

Brenners,I have my fingers crossed that things went well for you with the doc on Wednesday !! I sent off a pile of e-mails today, to see if i could get an after care package organised, and have my band reviewed. Little did I think I'd have to shell out more money after the 10k to ACS , but thats life i guess !!:sifone:

Good luck to all !!

Hi, just firstly thanks to all of you for your kind words of support. Its great knowing that there are people who understand what I am going through.

I am only really coming to terms with the fact that I have to have my band removed. I had my consultation with the Dr. in gravitas on Wednesday and he wants me to go to Liverpool to have it removed. They have the facilities there to remove the band through my mouth! I know it sounds mad but it means that although I have to have a general anaesthetic I dont have to have open surgery. They literally pass some piece of specialized equipment down my throat and it is able to cut and remove the band through my mouth. I dont have a date yet but it will be in the next 2 weeks. VHI will not cover me so its more money, But as Emerald said thats life. I just want to have this over and done with and get on with my life. Even though I am so scared about the prospects of life without the band. But what can I do.

Hope you are all well and again thanks so much for all the support. Will keep you posted when I get a date. Brenners xxx

Hi guys, its gone very quiet again.. I've been in touch with Frederik regarding getting a Tummy Tuck, hope to get done the second week in March in Belgium. I'm trying to sort our respite for my Dad who lives with us at the moment.

Brenners, hows things have you had your band removed yet?

Ailbhe, hope things are still going well for you.

I'm happy enough with my level of restriction at the moment, 1lb to lose and I'll be 7 stone down since the band was fitted and and 8 1/2 stone down from my heaviest.

Lets start posting again guys, I for one find it a great support to be in contact with others who know what I'm talking about.

Ger

Hi, I have just discovered ye're posts and I'm delighted that there are people from Ireland posting. I have had by band done on June 30th 2009 in Belguim by Dr Chris De B. I have been very please initially with my weightloss having 36lbs off to date saying that this has all been before Christmas and nothing since. NOT Surprised some days I can eat quite alot of junk and have been doing little to no excerise since the Big Freeze, what I need now is spring to commence and a kick up the butt and start losing again.. With all that said since December and all I have eaten I have not gained 1lbs. I so love this band. Like to hear your stories.

Hi Dee,

Welcome to the site, I had my surgery with ACS :smile2: on 11th September 2007. I have never regretted having the surgery just my choice of provider. I have a band with an 8ml capacity and I think there is about 4-4.5ml in it at the moment. I'm happy with the restriction and with just 1lb to go to 7stone down I am happy with the loss. Even at this stage I am still learning to work with the band and eat things that I know I shouldn't and then wonder why I'm feeing uncomfortable or stuck:scared2:. Hope things continue to go well for you. I will be dealing with Dr Chris's team when I go over to Belgium for my Tummy Tuck have only heard good reports about them.

Ger

Hi everyone. Sorry I havent posted in a while but Im only back this week from Liverpool and my band is gone :cursing:. I flew over Sunday and had my op on Monday and got home Wednesday. It all went really well. It took so much more out of me than I thought as I have severe gas pain in my right side especially my shoulder. The surgeon said I have a large pocket of trapped gas and it may take up to 3 weeks to go. It is agonising at times and unfortunately there is not a lot to do to get rid of pain.

Anyway, emotionally Im still not sure how I feel now that my band is gone. As I have said before it was the only way I ever lost weight. Im still 6 stone down from 3 years ago but so nervous about putting any of it back on. Have already put on 3 stone since band started to erode. I cannot afford to pay for any further weight loss surgery so it looks like weight watchers and willpower will have to do! Im so relieved now that it went well and that I can put it all behind me.

Hope you are all doing well and despite the fact that I am no longer a lapbander I will still keep in touch through this forum! Brenners xx

Hey Guys,

Hope u's are all well. Brenners, glad to hear the surgery went ok and here's hoping those pains ease soon. I think the band has educated us in lots of ways......... things like chewing, eating slower, smaller portions etc will stand you in good stead. I'm back at my slimming club and have shed 7lbs in the past couple of weeks. Thats the most I've lost in ages, so hopefully the scales will be kind to me again at weigh in tomorrow.

Good luck to all !!

Hi guys.

I'm still hanging around. :sad:

Weight loss is slow as I don't have much restriction. Plus, I got the coil in and the hormones have me going haywire! I pile on weight everytime I go on the pill or anything so the fact that I'm not putting it on and am actually (slowly!) losing some means I'm happy.

Brenners, I'm so sorry you had to get the band removed. :w00t:

But you've done so well and the band is just a tool, it didn't lose the weight for you. Just keep avoiding the large portions and the junk food and you'll do great!

Gerri, wow, you've done amazingly! I probably wouldn't recognise you now. :smile2: