Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

hi everyone,

its great to be sitting at my computerwith the trip over me. its day six now post op and am feeling a bit tender but overall good.it would be helpful to know what most people eat wen they started on their mushy foods. so far i am drinking Soup and tea and it seems to be enough for me. next desocion is who to go to for fills? wls seem to get a lot of good feedback. can anyone offer their opinions?maree how is you hun?slinky have you booked your date yet?ger a Tummy Tuck you are my kind of woman!!!!!!!!i would like to see this thread get a bit busier. its great for the support

geri

hi geri 11 bet your glad its all over im booked 27th july cause im on holiday in holland and belgium so i will pop over and get it done while im there lol anyway hun if you got banded by dr chris get you fills done with him or he wont stand over the band if you go elsewhere there are a couple of girl who went with bupa and have to repay if there is any probs so im gonna stick with him at least you have a chance if there were any prob to get help of him hop this helps but well done you:thumbup:

Hi Geri thank you very much for the msg..

I was so silly and didnt think about that before (change into five hundred euro)thanks for the adivise.. I am little scared to go by my own with lot of money so was thinking if i have that sorted out i would go without be scary.

About go buy myself i am thinking if i didnt find anyone to go with me i will be one more night in the hotel (i know i will be crazy to come back home)But maybe will be better wait one day more in the hotel in there so i can rest more.I dont know yet so scare to go alone to tell the truth but if i havent another choice i will do it.:cheers2:

Thanks for your suport.. you are very kind.:scared2:

Good lucky for you and all the best.

(if you dont understand my english please tell me i will try to explain in another way)

hi july have you set date for op yet:unsure:

hi july have you set date for op yet:unsure:

Hi Wannabe slinky thanks for your message...No i didnt have a date yet.Need come back to read the good story in here again to feel brave enough for do that alone...

So how are you??The time past so fast and soon will be your turn... happy about it???

Hi Lil,

long time since I posted here, sorry to hear about your port, hope all is well now. I just signed on here to get de brune's details as I need a fill and don't want to go back to the hospital group, I had two fills with them the second one was an overfill and then they took too much out so I'm down 300 Euro and up 7lbs. It's such a pain in the arse I am sick of trying to find someone who actually knows what they're doing. I'll see if I can get an appointment for a fill with de brune and hopefully it will work.

Hi to all the other girls who I used to chat with, hope you're all doing good.

Hi Wannabe slinky thanks for your message...No i didnt have a date yet.Need come back to read the good story in here again to feel brave enough for do that alone...

So how are you??The time past so fast and soon will be your turn... happy about it???

july just go for it i will be by myself im on holiday with my family and they are dropping me off at hospital then collecting me on 3rd day so i will be by myself im a bit scared but just want it done im sure i will meet peep's there who are getting done good luck with your decision:thumbup:

Hey guys ....just wondering if there are any ex ACS patients still around ......and how are you doing ???

Edited by Emerald

Hi All,Hello Brenners,

I haven't had a fill for about 12months..in fact I'm considering a little bit of an unfill!!

I would also like to have the band checked...as reccomended

I managed to have a Barium X Ray done in my local hosp. but would like Dr Debruyne to look at it.

I have tried to call Julie Tosh and the numbers I have for Dr Debruyne and Frederick with no success.

Can anyone tell me how to contact them and where/when they come to Dublin these days.

For newbies here who may be interested...I had the band fitted in Belgium in June 2008 and have had no problems with it.

I was nervous, especially since I was 62yrs OLD at the time!!!

I am VERY HAPPY with the results.

At my heaviest I was over 19st....now I am 12 and a half st.

My skin is a 'bit' loose in places, but not bad considering how long I have been 'MORBIDLY OBESE'.

My face looks better, if more wrinkled...it was much fatter before.

Anyone here had a mini Facelift???

I probably almost take for granted that (for the first time in my adult life) I don't have to worry about my weight.

I feel so much more NORMAL.

I can go to parties etc without feeling auful....in fact now, I look forward to having somewhere to go.

Good Luck to you all,

Damienne:thumbup:

Hi All,Hello Brenners,

I haven't had a fill for about 12months..in fact I'm considering a little bit of an unfill!!

I would also like to have the band checked...as reccomended

I managed to have a Barium X Ray done in my local hosp. but would like Dr Debruyne to look at it.

I have tried to call Julie Tosh and the numbers I have for Dr Debruyne and Frederick with no success.

Can anyone tell me how to contact them and where/when they come to Dublin these days.

For newbies here who may be interested...I had the band fitted in Belgium in June 2008 and have had no problems with it.

I was nervous, especially since I was 62yrs OLD at the time!!!

I am VERY HAPPY with the results.

At my heaviest I was over 19st....now I am 12 and a half st.

My skin is a 'bit' loose in places, but not bad considering how long I have been 'MORBIDLY OBESE'.

My face looks better, if more wrinkled...it was much fatter before.

Anyone here had a mini Facelift???

I probably almost take for granted that (for the first time in my adult life) I don't have to worry about my weight.

I feel so much more NORMAL.

I can go to parties etc without feeling auful....in fact now, I look forward to having somewhere to go.

Good Luck to you all,

well done hun you could try 0032472019091 for freddy or email freddy on frederik.serneels@ecfs.be thats all i know im getting banded on 27th july yay:wink2:

Thanks, Slinky,

Did you have a consultation in Dublin with Dr Debruyne?

If so,where did you go?...it used to be in pembroke st.

All the best with your 'holiday' and afterwards.

Thanks, Slinky,

no i didn't have consultation having that night before surgery,he come to belfast for fill once a month and i think he does dublin too not sure yet x

Hi wannabe slinky, just wanted to wish you all the best on being banded on the 27th! Have you to do a pre-op diet?

On the 27th, I'll be banded exactly 4 months. You can always pm if you want to ask me any questions etc.

Once again, best wishes and I look forward to following your progress!!!!

Maree

Hi wannabe slinky, just wanted to wish you all the best on being banded on the 27th! Have you to do a pre-op diet?

On the 27th, I'll be banded exactly 4 months. You can always pm if you want to ask me any questions etc.

Once again, best wishes and I look forward to following your progress!!!!

Maree

how is your weight loss maree,im not going to do a pre op as such as in general i dont cook in fat,im gonna try and cut back but it will be hard as im going on holiday on thur to holland for my holiday then on to belgium for op on the way home lol,so i will just try and be good lol:tt2:

I've lost 61lbs so far, I'm now weigh 215lbs. Still have a long way to go though as I want to get down to around 150lbs. I love shopping in Penneys now as their clothes fit and are cheap and more fashionable than what Ive been able to buy for a long time!

If you feel nervous in the lead up to your op, keep reminding yourself that you are about to do something that will help you to get healthier in everyway (physically, mentally, and emotionally). Its a great idea having the hols first as it will help take your mind off it.

Bring a really loose pair of trousers for coming home as you will feel very bloated from all the gas, the looser the better!

Slinky, have a great holiday!!!! Everything will go well for you!

Maree

Thanks, Slinky,

hi all im done and dusted waiting for my first fill damienne how mandy fill did it take you till you were happy with your weight hun:thumbup:

I was 18 when i had the surgery in ACS Dublin,

Afterwards i could not was to get started on my new life but felt a bit uneasy in the hospital beacause while i was there there was a lady who could not have been more than a size 14 who was having the lap band aswel. i was amazed that she could be approved for surgery as she did not look overweight. Also while i was there a lady came in who had had a Tummy Tuck the week previous and her stomach had just come apart. i was horrified.

About 2 months post surgery i found that i couild still eat a lot and wanted another fill. I then called up ACS only to find out the went into liquedation and the Hospital group would only give is 2 more fills and we would have to travel all the way to belfats for the fills. and every fill after that costs 225 euro.

They also informed me that the band that ACS had put in place was a very cheap version of band and this makes it difficult to have fills as the pressure on the port makes the saline squirt out.

I have since moved to Australia and now i want to start getting fills again as i can each just as much as i could pre surgery. They say i cant have fills until they know exactly which band i have.