Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Chris de Bruyne was there yesterday as was the other Chris and Frederick too. From what I could make out Chris de Bruyne was taking his Belgium patients for fills, one or two for consultations but I'm not sure if they were ACS or his own patients and there was an ACS patient who had a fairly serious port problem and I think he saw her also.

Frederick and the other Dr. Chris seemed to be sorting out the fills for the ACS patients.

I think Dr de B said to Elsie that he hoped to have a separate set up to ACS for his own patients so I'm not sure if he is just renting the office for them or not. He seems to be keeping himself removed from ACS if that makes any sense.

Hi there... could you explain me what ACS mean?? I am looking to have my surgery In Belgium maybe with the doctor Chris.. Please can you or someone give me some tip about have that in Belgium??The price is much more cheap in there...Thanks...Juliana

Hi, well not long back from Blackrock Clinic, having had my endoscopy done and the worst possible outcome, I have erosion and have to have my band removed. I am totally devastated. Cant stop crying. Was really hoping that I would have got some good news but had'nt prepared myself for this outcome.

Have to go back to see Dr on Wednesday to see when I have to to in. So down. I know from reading up on erosion that you cannot get another band for at least 6 months after removal of a band from erosion. I dont even know if VHI are going to cover the cost of the operation to remove it. So scared and upset. I honestly dont know if I could ever have another band after this happening. But all I know is that it was the ONLY way I ever lost weight. B xx

Oh i am so sorry about that..But all will be ok..they will find out one way to help you.. you will be ok.. Take care..Juliana

Hi Brenners/Lil/Emerald and all.

Brenners, just read your post and am nearly in tears on your behalf. All I can say is like yourself the only success I have had losing weight is with the band. I know I haven't met you but I get the impression that you are a strong person and that you will be able to face getting a new band fitted when everything heals properly.

I am meeting with Frederik who is Dr Chirs De Bruynes right hand man next Thursday for a consultation about having a Tummy Tuck done. Did some research and they came back with a good inclusive price and have only read good things about them. Friend of mine just back from Belgium on Saturday having had the band fitted by them and said the hospital and care was top notch.

Best of luck Brenners on Wednesday, your luck will change for the better. Please stay in touch on the site.

xxx

Ger

Hi Gerry could you please tell me how i could contact the same place your friend had done the surgery in Belgium?I am really want to do it and would love to know more about all..Do you know the price and what the name of the hospital??Thanks very much...Take carfe and all the best for you and for your friend who just start that jorney now!

shit sorry to hear you had to get it out that my fear i need to cop on have let my diet slip abit

Hi July, Lil, Brenners, Ailbhe and all.

July my friend had his surgery done with Dr Chris De Bruyne in Belgium and had nothing but praise for the whole set up. I believe it was around €4,200 for the surgery, the hotel stay and the transers from the airport to the hotel and hospital. I think if you google Dr Chris De Bruyne you will get the contact details for him.

Ailbhe, I am feeling good apart from a chest infection that I have just gone to the doc about despite coughing for two weeks! Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Brenners, hope you are coping well without your band, you strike me as a determined woman and I think you will do great.

Lil, well done on your recent weight loss.

Glad to see posting again.:thumbup:

Gerri

hi all im new on here im getting banded in belgium in july,was wondering what is the longest anyone has had a band in, how lond do they last roughly thanks:thumbup:

Hi folks,

I am just back from Belgium since yesterday:smile2:. I had an abdomnioplasty (tummy tuck) with an excellent surgeon called Dr Dedonker. I saw Dr Chris De Bruyne and 3 of the patients he had fitted band to on Tuesday also. The hospital is spotless, the staff excellent with excellent English and the care faultless. I booked my surgery, hotel, taxis etc through Frederic in ECFS and again couldn't compliment him enough. The surgeon removed 2.5kg of skin in two sections each measuring 10"!! He said it was the hugest tummy he had worked on and after dedating this I decided it was a compliment :thumbup:on my weight loss. 7stone 4lbs down since my lapband and 8 stone 11lbs down since my heaviest. My band had to be emptied for the op and won't be refilled for another couple of weeks so I have to try build myself up and be sensible at the same time.

Hope ye are all well. :)

Gerri

Hi July, Lil, Brenners, Ailbhe and all.

July my friend had his surgery done with Dr Chris De Bruyne in Belgium and had nothing but praise for the whole set up. I believe it was around €4,200 for the surgery, the hotel stay and the transers from the airport to the hotel and hospital. I think if you google Dr Chris De Bruyne you will get the contact details for him.

Ailbhe, I am feeling good apart from a chest infection that I have just gone to the doc about despite coughing for two weeks! Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Brenners, hope you are coping well without your band, you strike me as a determined woman and I think you will do great.

Lil, well done on your recent weight loss.

Glad to see posting again.:confused:

Gerri

Hi Gerry thank you for your information:smile2: I sent a message for Dr Chris already and just need to decide when i will be able to do the surgery in Belgium..He sent me back a presurgery questionnarie... ahh one question someone you know or in here had been in Belgium alone for the surgery?? I just want to do it but anyone in

here agree with that and i will need to go alone if i decide to do it.. Just want to know if someone had that experience and

if i will be able to manage come back to Ireland alone..My hubby just dont agree with that and either his family and all my

family is in Brasil(i am brasilian) so hard to me but i really need do that surgery because i am feel horrible and i have back

problem so that is one more reason i need to lose weight.. Hope someone give me a tip about that..

very happy for see the jorney of a lot of people in here and i hope i will be one of banders in here soon.(sorry about my english

isnt so good)take care everyone and thanks for everything!!!

Hi there,

Just read your thread, congrats on your decision on going for the band. I had my operation done Last July 09 in Belgium by Dr Chris De B. It was a good experience. After a lot of thinking, I decided to go over alone. My husband stayed at home to mind our two kids. I thought it would be a lot less hassle this way. the day of your operation you sleep most of the day and night, if I had brought someone they would have been very bored. On the 3rd day when you are released you do feel a bit woozy, but there was 3 of us staying at the same hotel so we got a taxi back together and all you do for that day is sleep mostly, once again your partner would be very bored. I did worry about returning by plane on the last day. Taxi picked you up at hotel and brings you straight to Airport (only 15 mins. away) just allow a lot of time as you will be walking slowly and a little be sore. Your are on the plane before you know it and in Dublin within 1.5hrs (I think). I come from the West of Ireland so I decided to fly down to Knock later on that day (just sat around and relaxed and read for hours). But I am glad I went alone, I would have felt bad that the other person would not be having so much fun. Hope this helps. Deirdre p.s. I have lost 3 of my 5 stone I need to lose. I am taking the scenic route (taking it real slow) and I'm glad I had it done hoping to have another stone off in time for my 1st year anniversary!! Good luck :thumbup:

=July;1436947]Hi Gerry thank you for your information:smile2: I sent a message for Dr Chris already and just need to decide when i will be able to do the surgery in Belgium..He sent me back a presurgery questionnarie... ahh one question someone you know or in here had been in Belgium alone for the surgery?? I just want to do it but anyone in

here agree with that and i will need to go alone if i decide to do it.. Just want to know if someone had that experience and

if i will be able to manage come back to Ireland alone..My hubby just dont agree with that and either his family and all my

family is in Brasil(i am brasilian) so hard to me but i really need do that surgery because i am feel horrible and i have back

problem so that is one more reason i need to lose weight.. Hope someone give me a tip about that..

very happy for see the jorney of a lot of people in here and i hope i will be one of banders in here soon.(sorry about my english

isnt so good)take care everyone and thanks for everything!!!

Hi Gerry,

Just wanted to congratulate on losing nearly 100lbs that is fantastic! and to be brave enough to go for more surgery with the Tummy Tuck (I have to ask was this very painful?)

Well done, I had my band fitted last July by Dr Chris De Bruyne and I agree they are an excellent team. I have lost just over 40lbs and have another 30 or so to go. I must admit I am taking the slow route I have these great bouts of motivation and will start losing a few lbs then I stay stuck for many many weeks (but I do know why, no great mystery!) But the brillant thing I feel with the band is that I havent put any on. Even over Christmas usually it would be at least 7lbs. So im very grateful. Keep up the good work. Deirdre

Hi folks,

I am just back from Belgium since yesterday:smile2:. I had an abdomnioplasty (tummy tuck) with an excellent surgeon called Dr Dedonker. I saw Dr Chris De Bruyne and 3 of the patients he had fitted band to on Tuesday also. The hospital is spotless, the staff excellent with excellent English and the care faultless. I booked my surgery, hotel, taxis etc through Frederic in ECFS and again couldn't compliment him enough. The surgeon removed 2.5kg of skin in two sections each measuring 10"!! He said it was the hugest tummy he had worked on and after dedating this I decided it was a compliment :thumbup:on my weight loss. 7stone 4lbs down since my LAP-BAND® and 8 stone 11lbs down since my heaviest. My band had to be emptied for the op and won't be refilled for another couple of weeks so I have to try build myself up and be sensible at the same time.

Hope ye are all well. :thumbup:

Gerri

Hi Dee and all,

I have to admit I was suprised at how little pain I had after the Tummy Tuck. I am just over two weeks done and had a check up appointment today. Everything is healing nicely, no infection and no pain just a little tenderness depending on how careful or not I am being. My band had been empty for the two weeks so had a partial refill today, due to the type of band I have Frederic was only able to put 2.5ml in today. I am hoping this will be enough to kick start me or stabilise me. Have to say I did enjoy the two weeks or being able to eat "normally", tried not to go mad but hey I am human and needed to build myself up after the surgery:rolleyes2:. Sounds as you like myself have no regrets in having the band and that things are going well for you.

Take care.

Gerri

Hi Gerri, just wanted to say congratulations on your fabulous weightloss!!!! Between that and the Tummy Tuck, you really must look fantastic!! Have you any before/after photos on this site? You are so inspirational to somebody like me only starting out on this journey.

hi liland everyone,

after a lot of delbriation and research i have booked my procduere with dr. chris on the 28th of april. of course now its done i am caking it!!!!!!!!!! so any words of wisdom or anything practical i should know would be much appreciated. am currently reading the chris de bryne thread but my god 500 plus pages is a lot. i suppose it would be a good idea to copy this post to that page but i have no idea how to do that!!!!!!!! send me out the good vibes please

geri

hi liland everyone,

after a lot of delbriation and research i have booked my procduere with dr. chris on the 28th of april. of course now its done i am caking it!!!!!!!!!! so any words of wisdom or anything practical i should know would be much appreciated. am currently reading the chris de bryne thread but my god 500 plus pages is a lot. i suppose it would be a good idea to copy this post to that page but i have no idea how to do that!!!!!!!! send me out the good vibes please

geri

dont worry hun ive read all the 500 post dr chris i think is the best choice ive booked him in july and cant wait, you will be fine:thumbup:

Hi Geri, thanks for the tip about the best place to post! Geri, I wish you all the best for your surgery at the end of April!!!!! When do you start your pre-op diet? I was terrified of putting weight on in the lead up to mine (scared I'd go mad with one last binge that would last weeks). I went on a low fat diet early and started walking, just with the aim of trying to be slightly fitter for the op. With the result that I had lost 11lbs before surgery. Gosh I feel so excited for you!!!!

There is only one thing that I would have changed about the operation and travel (from my experience). I would have stayed on one extra night rather than travel home the day after the operation. Had op on Sat and travelled home on Sun. Sunday was the most painful and most uncomfortable day for me. I was so improved by the Mon and the journey would have been easier.

Maree