Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi folks

Roe I'm delighted to hear you're doing so well, onwards and upwards now, at least you have things fixed at last. I'm not doing so well since last we talked, I'm fed up with the lack of restriction. Tomorrow is my one year anniversary since my op and I only have 2.5mls in my band - I've lost a bit of weight but nowhere near where I envisaged I would be this time a year ago - although I am €10k lighter, I suppose!!

Good luck to all you new bandsters, at least you will get the all important aftercare needed. I was a bit concerned to hear that some people were getting fills of up to 3ml at a time. I know this sounds fantastic and like it will make the weightloss much quicker but just a word of caution, I've spoken to a few people who were overfilled, and in my experience it can take a couple of days for the restriction to kick in. If you're overfilled and the docs have flown back to Belgium or wherever you've no way of getting a defill and that can be so dangerous. I spoke to someone who could not get a defill here and had to fly to Paris (she had been filled by the Belgiun nurses here in Dublin) and Jerome very kindly defilled her.

Hi Lil, I saw a post from you saying you had some info re fills in Dublin? Can you PM me with some details please, that would be great.

Take care everyone

Debb

xx

Hi All,

Guys if any of you could pm me some details of when Gerome is in Dublin doing fills it would be greatly appreciated!!!

I need a fill badly before i'm back to square 1. I rang THG to see if I could organise a fill a week ago ...........and surprise surprise I'm still waiting to hear back. HELP ......

Many thanks

Dee

Hi Emerald Jerome doesn't do fills in Ireland. You need to go to Paris for that, my mistake. The Belgian nurses come over every month to do fills in Dublin. Their contact no is 00447872963503 speak to Julie tosh there, good luck.

Thats brill Roe ,thanks for the number, I'll give them a ring today !!!!

Best wishes ,

Dee

Hi All, haven't posted for a while! Was banded on 15th Sept in loughlinstown and it's been a bit up and down since! Initially post op I was sorer then i thought and after 10 days visited my Gp and had infection which a course of antibiotics sorted...was doing really well for 2 weeks then started to get really bad pain in left side radiating around my back and up under my ribs. Thought I just pulled something so took some difene hot water bottle etc for few days and rested but by Monday i couldn't move even to take a breath hurt. Gp thought it might be infection again and put me back on antibiotics (blood white cells up a little) but this has made little difference a week on. At the moment i can function through the day as long as I take pain killers. I'm eating normally but smaller amounts and have lost about 20lb since op (although nothing in last 2 weeks!). Will be going back to surgeon tomorrow but at a loss as to what's causing this pain...anyone out there experience anything like this 5 weeks post op? Anyway enough moaning will keep you posted as to what he says tomorrow, just interested to see if anyone else suffered the same as when I spoke to team on phone last week they didn't seem to have a clue what could be cause....any thoughts apprecited xx Mol

Fill provider now permanately in Northern Ireland if that is of any use to you just drop me a message for details, Im usually on the wls site only found this site today great to find more support.

hi there sorry not to post in ages. I was banded by Jerome july 27 in 2007. It took until Nov to get filled and was really downhearted but after a second fill with ACS in Feb 08 I was getting places very slowly. My last fill was done in Dublin with the belgian team in May 08 (after a week on lipotrim to try and break my binges) and it is working a treat. I have to be careful with food but if I avoid breads/ cakes and stuff that forms a wad or ball I can manage almost everything. I have lost a total of five and a half stone and that is not being angelic either (I have choc every day) BUT I have to say that I drop a pound a week if a I go swimming twice in the week. I still have a very long way to go but I take heart in the fact that I am over half way to my eventual goal. Just wanted to tell my story in the hope it will help anyone who is completely disappointed in their band. Keep going for fills until it is working for you and then enjoy the foods you can eat while exercising. It gets better.

Kermit

Fill provider now permanately in Northern Ireland if that is of any use to you just drop me a message for details, Im usually on the wls site only found this site today great to find more support.

Hi Joss,

I recognise your name from a couple of years back.

I think I met you at a meeting in Jury's,Belfast ....shortly before you had surgery??

I didn't go ahead with the op at the time but finally had d band fitted in June 08 in Belgium.

I'm doing o.k. I have lost nearly 2 stone but don't think I really have much restriction yet.

How have you been getting on?

What does it cost to have a fill and where exactly?:thumbs_up:

HI

Glad to hear you took the plunge and had your band :thumbs_up:

I will pm you all the details

Hi all, Anyone heard how Mol is doing? I read where she was having some problems and was concerned that she has not posted for a while. I jump around all over the place on Lapbandtalk to learn as much as I can and read her post and noticed that she had not posted since. Hope everythings going OK for her. Jenhay

Does anyone know any person who has had the band removed or even where to go to get it removed. I'm ex ACS patient banded April 07 have lost only two stone . I hate this thing so much it has ruined my life I don't even know if I can get it out when I will be able to aford to as my husband lost his job two months ago.

poor you give Jerome a ring he will help he is very kind, you might have to go to Paris ,his number or email address is back a few pages good look Magna Terry

Hi Magna sorry to hear you are not happy with your band, are you getting fills and where? Don't give up hope. I've had a leak and went over to Paris and Jerome put in a new band. I'm loosing very slowly but I'm happy now. I was like you very frustrated, all the fills and no restriction. I couldn't understand why everyone else was losing weight and i wasn't. How much have in your band? you probably just need a good fill. Pm me if you want to talk, but don't give up on the band yet.

LOVE ROE

thanks guys ,I have restriction roe for the first time ever. I have 5 mls but I find it very hard to eat meat, chicken, fish, bread. I come home from work really looking forward to dinner and after 2-3 bites i'm sick and after that its chocolate or bisuits which i have no problem eating. I'm not losing weight the past few months but i haven't gained either. I just have no real pleasure from food anymore. if i'm out which is rare now I am just enjoying food when i know if i take one more bite I will be sick. I know its a case of running the mind and body parallel.I will keep trying i am afraid i'm not getting proper nutrition any tips on supplements my hair getting very thin wasn't the best before band but its worse since. Im a bit thick when it comes to these chat rooms what does Pm me mean?

thanks guys ,I have restriction roe for the first time ever. I have 5 mls but I find it very hard to eat meat, chicken, fish, bread. I come home from work really looking forward to dinner and after 2-3 bites i'm sick and after that its chocolate or bisuits which i have no problem eating. I'm not losing weight the past few months but i haven't gained either. I just have no real pleasure from food anymore. if i'm out which is rare now I am just enjoying food when i know if i take one more bite I will be sick. I know its a case of running the mind and body parallel.I will keep trying i am afraid i'm not getting proper nutrition any tips on supplements my hair getting very thin wasn't the best before band but its worse since. Im a bit thick when it comes to these chat rooms what does Pm me mean?

Hi Magna,

Sorry to hear you're so disappointed with your band. As an ex ACS patient I understand what your going through as it took me quite some time to get my head around the band, without the help of anyone in ACS! Anyway, with 5mls in and your restriction good it is just a matter of getting used to eating a lot less and chewing and chewing and chewing your food until it is almost mush in your mouth. You're enjoyment of food doesn't have to go completely, obviously you won't be able to eat everything you used to be able to eat but with modifications to your usual diet you can eat almost anything. With meat, trying mincing it before or after cooking it, it won't be the same in appearance but it should have the same taste. In these cold days treat yourself to fresh creamy mashed potato with some cod and parsley sauce once or twice a week. Make a fresh vegetable Soup with some root veg, any and all you have in your kitchen, pop a handful of lentils and a veg/chicken stock cube and some Water bring to the boil and simmer until everything is cooked, about 20mins, blitz in a blender and this will keep in the fridge for at least four/five days. That way when you come home from work tired and hungry you have your soup ready to pop in the microwave and take the edge off your hunger. Take your time over your main meal, eat slowly, don't drink for a half hour before you eat and not for two hrs after you eat. I know from experience that this works but I also know that its much easier to have a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits than spend the time on eating slowly and nutritiously.:cursing: Its worth the time and effort though. You have come this far you can do this. It is very important to get your Protein every day. If necessary buy some Protein Drinks from the health shop and have one at least every day. Hope this helps.:blushing: