Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

thanks ailbhe, thanks for the infor on the sercurity alarms !! lol! hopefully dr chris will give me a card after surgery then. Only 10 day to go til i leave for Brussels!!

CAN ANYONE OFFER ADVICE?

I have just booked flights for the end of october for my first fill (thought i'd combine it with a break with hubby!). This time i have booked flights to Charleroi airport (brussels south). i know there is a shuttle bus to brussels city centre. but that is quite far from Dr de Bruynes offices! i would prefer to stay central this time for sight seeing! just wondering though if any of you know of a hotel near vilvoorde that offers a shuttle bus into the city centre? not keen on trains! have a bit of a phobia!

Hi Terry i see your are on had you any luck with flights. I'm staying in the clarion beside the airport for convenience. I wold have to travel to far in the morning. Do you live in Dublin city. I'm really exited now, its time this band started to work.

talk soon Rosaleen.

Hi roe,

haven't been on forum for ages. i didn't get a fill since August in fact I still have really good restriction. am having hypnosis as well to try and quell the chocolate monster!! I have lost 10lbs and would probably have twice that gone if i could kick the choccy addiction!! have started taking vit B complex was told it balances things and helps get rid of the cravings I will have to wait and see about that one. hope things are well with you :-)

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE-

i was banded by asc and dr jerome in march 2007- i don't know how many fills i have had but at the moment i can't get any one to fill me- i can't seem to get my medical records to see what band was used and how many fills i have had- when acs were around they filled me 3 times then when the group sold to the uk they unfilled me and filled me again -but don't know with how much- at the moment i need a fill as i have no restriction and the weight is starting to pile on- i lost nearly 4 stone and don't want this to escalate- please help-

Moira

hi roe hope you got back ok ,how do you feel, as i said I got a .5 of a mil and I feel quite tight ,I have 7.5 in an 8 band well thats what Jerome said. Talk soon Terry

Just wondering if anyone could help me here. I got a fill last week in Dublin but I was over filled and am now extremely uncomfortable.

Does ayone know where I could get a de fill in Dublin as the lady who did it is not back for another three weeks.

Any suggestions please?

Hi All, it has been a while since i postedbut just wanted to let you all know I was finally banded on 15th Sept in loughlinstown. I've been quite sore and on restricted liquid diet since. I'm only allowed 6 meals of 100mls each a day plus as much wayer as i can take. It has been quite difficult as I am also supposed to take in 50g of Protein , as I'm intolerant of Dairy and don't like soya I have been giving my dietician a lot of homework. We have been unable to find a Protein Powder to add to food that is lactose free...any suggestions? Despite the little intake I am not hungry except when I'm due to eat but the 100ml is filling me....a miracle! I seem to have lost 10lb since monday which is a huge plus. Anyway it has taken me till now to feel that I did make the right decisionas I have found the loss being able to eat difficult and the whole week has been painful! Has anyone else felt like this or did you all love your band straight away? Anyway soory for rabbiting on and yes i do realise how lucky i am to have the round the clock support from the team at loughlinstown i literally owe them my life! mol:thumbup:

weight.png

Edited by mol
forgot ticker

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm back from my hol's in Greece, had a wonderful time and came back a lb lighter! How cool is that:lol:. Anyway I've not gone back on the pages I've missed yet but I'll get round to it. So how is everyone? I see Jerome has been busy in Paris, pity he's lost his licence to practice over here. I still think that the IMC should spend their time letting people like us know which Plastic Surgery Company's are safe to use and to licence the clinics for certain op's so that we can make informed choices about where and who we use for our surgery's. Jerome lost his licence because the IMC deemed the clinic he used unfit for the surgery's he was performing. I didn't realise until this happened that it was the surgeon's job to do this not the management, the IMC or the owners!:wink2:

MOL: Congratulations girl:thumbup::unsure: delighted to hear you're doing so well. It took me a good three months to get my head around the band, actually I sometimes wish the band was around my head.:smile::biggrin::wink_smile: No really, I had concentrated so much on having the op and the end result that I hadn't given much thought about how I was going to get from start to finish. Thanks to sites like and including this one and some great advice from other bandsters I managed to sort my head out and lose the weight. Give yourself a break, you've done the difficult bit, the op. Now relax, recover and take things slowly, one thing I learned is that there is no race to the finish line. Take your time slow and steady are the way to go. Now about the Protein issue, well I use SPIRU-TEIN it's available in all good health shops and its a tri-part protein powder made with Rice, Pea and Soya, it can be mixed with juice although I mix it with cow's milk. It gives you 14g of protein per serving and is available in several flavours. I virtually lived on this when eating was a struggle for me and still have the occasional glass just to make sure my protein levels are maintained. So there you have it hope it helps.:confused:

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE-

i was banded by asc and dr jerome in march 2007- i don't know how many fills i have had but at the moment i can't get any one to fill me- i can't seem to get my medical records to see what band was used and how many fills i have had- when acs were around they filled me 3 times then when the group sold to the uk they unfilled me and filled me again -but don't know with how much- at the moment i need a fill as i have no restriction and the weight is starting to pile on- i lost nearly 4 stone and don't want this to escalate- please help-

Moira

Hi Moire

this is my fist time on this site - i am also in the same position as you.

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated cos at this stage I am desperate - thanks xxx

Hi Coco, thanks for that...I will try get that Protein Drink as i really need it eating is still a struggle and getting fed up trying to fit in amount of Protein required when I seem to have no variety at the moment. STill sore especially over port site but Im trying to remind myself that I am post -op and no matter what it takes time to heal...really need to keep sayig it to myself! You've done fantastically well how long has it taken you? Anyway thanks for the advice willl chat soon:thumbup: