Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sure you are laughing at my title but hear me out...

I had surgery December 30th. I'm on phase 2 and having a really hard time getting Protein in and my Vitamins. The most Protein I've gotten is 25g. I am not a Protein shake woman. I tried them all and I hate them all. I want to gag just thinking about it. Same thing with the Vitamins I barely take them. I am sick of Greek yogurts. I am also disappointed that I'm on a stall and not losing anything. Today I went to my grocery store and I bought baby food. Yes you heard correct. I got this brand called Beech Nut and I got the chicken and chicken gravy and I have to say that I loves it. It has 7g of protein for 2.5oz... Not bad at all and 0 carbs 70 calories. I also got sweet cord which only had 2g of protein. Do you guys thing it's bad to eat it at least until phase 3 where I can have Protein Bars which will be easier to get the protein?!

I wouldn't rely on it totally, and it's not allowed on some people's programs, but I did have some my first week. I am at 3 1/2 weeks and was approved today for Phase IV already.

Ops sorry for the misspells. I was typing fast. I don't want to rely on baby food but having I hear and there until I am able to eat other foods. It's really hard with phase 2...

You should order some Unjury unflavored Protein Powder. You can add it to foods and drinks to bump up the Protein. I use it almost daily in Soups.< /p>

Just cannot put it in something over 140 degrees...it will clump up.

Hello!! I'm sure everyone's plan is different but it was actually ok in my plan, they said stage three baby food was the best according to my dr. Good luck!!! :)

Hello!! I'm sure everyone's plan is different but it was actually ok in my plan, they said stage three baby food was the best according to my dr. Good luck!!! :)

Really? Good then lol. I had the chicken and it went down smoothly with no problem at all. Plus this way I will get my Protein

Good luck Dona! Sometimes we just have to do our best and get by. Next week will be a new week! I am taking a liquid Vitamin. You need to make sure you get those vitamins!!!! Feel better.

I have to agree that the Beech Nut baby food line is very good. They also recently re-did their entire line. The veggies are great and the meat is really good as well. It just tastes exactly like chicken would. On my plan it's allowed in the soft/puree stage and we're also allowed any seasonings and spices we want so that helps with the blandness of the baby food. Their peas, green Beans and asparagus combo is also really good. I haven't tried many of the combinations but will in the coming days.

I just got GENEPRO unflavored Protein and have tried it in a few things. I do not taste it and after thorough stirring it dissolves. Only a half teaspoon adds 5 grams of Protein. I ordered on Amazon. If your worried about flavor, add it to strongly flavored items and just add a little. Those extra grams will add up and help you feel better. Good luck.

I picked up all the beach nut meats to have on hand.

I picked up all the beach nut meats to have on hand.

@@downsizingdiva Did you try them yet? I feel like they're surprisingly good for baby food meats (after being seasoned) but it's not like I have experience with them. If you haven't tried it yet I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how "real food" they seem.

I can't even feed my baby that stuff. Mostly because the thought of pureed meat in a jar makes me gag. :( I am very worried about my puree stage.

@@downsizingdiva Did you try them yet? I feel like they're surprisingly good for baby food meats (after being seasoned) but it's not like I have experience with them. If you haven't tried it yet I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how "real food" they seem.

no I haven't had them, surgery on Jan 15th, I don't have a clue how they are or if I will like them, I just want to have a small assortment of soft foods, I need a few portable things like this too that don't require me to do much prep. May never even eat them but I'd rather be prepared with choices than not. :)

Edited by downsizingdiva