Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

rewarding yourself when you are losing weight tips

ok I am making progress and want to reward myself for making little goals like a ten pound weight loss I am getting a pedicure. But beyond that I can t think of anything and it can not be food related any ideas?????

That's a good one, also, some folks get a massage or piece of jewelry. Karen..aka..kll724

A cute top or outfit is always a great reward, it will be something you can show off your beautiful new self. :) Happy loosing!

ok I am making progress and want to reward myself for making little goals like a ten pound weight loss I am getting a pedicure. But beyond that I can t think of anything and it can not be food related any ideas?????

Maybe a new pair of walking/running shoes, new workout clothes, entry fee to a charitable 5k walk/run. These are a couple of suggestions that just further promote your new healthier lifestyle....and what an great alternative to gift cards to resturants....Congrats!

i dont know how to answer.....the reward for me is me fitting into smaller clothes.

(i have some i try on all the time to judge my progress) and when they fit, to me, there is not greater reward than that :)

whatever makes one happy, i say go for it.....we deserve it

The reward system doesn't work for me, as my wife points out if I want something I go ahead and buy it. Athough I have committed to completing a century before I buy my new pellet smoker.

I loved rewarding myself with cute clothes, shoes, nice jewelry...pedi/mani;s new hairdo....new fragrance...things that made me feel and look good :)

How about something at the spa like a manicure or hair style? You could also go to the movies or something, take your own healthy Snacks in your purse. It's sad but we always Celebrate with food! Whether we go out to eat or have a family gathering. I'm newly banded so I have not considered how to Celebrate. I think I will do it by buying a new outfit for my new body! (money permitting lol)

Oh I love rewards! Especially for doing things that are healthy for me! Like CG I feel that the biggest reward for me is actually in the "doing" of it. Keeping a good consistency for me is a big reward, as often things try to pull me away from and out of my groove.

When my husband and I first started our journey I bought us a couple of fitbits to help us track our mobility and movements and give us more motivation to keep moving more and more. It was a tough start but after a while it became a fun way for the two of us who are not together most of the day to keep up and out walk each other.

It was motivation for me to get more steps in during the day since I sit a lot at my desk for work. After we lost about 50 pounds we switched from the fitbit one to the fitbit flex that we could wear on the wrist. (I toggle back and forth since I like the fact that I can hide the fitbit one in my bra and wear my jewelry some days :) )

Each milestone we hit we try to reward each other and keep each other motivated. Sometimes we will have a movie night, or for me a nice "do nothing!" night is always welcome.

For myself when I hit a large milestone....I'll admit it, I'm a BIG jewelry lover. So I bought a Bracelet and for every milestone I buy another charm to add to it and I wear it proudly!!

Massage is a great reward plus it helps you lose weight. It releases any retained Water you have in your body plus makes you feel good. I also buy clothes, shoes, jewelry, mani and pedi.

I bought myself two new pair of pants for every 10 pounds lost... I knew I would "shrink" out of them soon, but I figured with all the money I was saving on food it was a little treat that I could afford and would show my progress... It also felt REALLY good to give away those clothes when I could no longer fit in to them...

I reward myself by buying me a whole new outfit shoes and all. Also I save money in another bank account so I can have a spa day once I get to my high school weight. How to reward yourself is endless you know what motivates you. Here is an article with some great ideas. Good Luck! http://www.fitbie.com/slideshow/6-ways-reward-weight-loss-success-without-using-food

My friend has decided that her goal weight reward to herself would be sky diving. I think that's nuts but to each their own!

Oooo I can't wait to go sky diving! That's on my bucket list!

Back in 2011 I set a long term goal which I hit just before Christmas. My reward is Christmas 2014 in Disney World with my bride