Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance Authorization

Hey All!! Well I finally reached the insurance authorization ! After doing the endoscopy, psych eval, dietitian, consult with surgeon and lab work! The only thing that kind concerned me is that no one told me my file was sent to insurance verification or that it passed the board of review there at the hospital.. I called today just to check the status of my file of if I needed to do anything else and than that's when I was notified that it's already sent to insurance.. She did mention that it can take 10 to 14 days so I am trying not to keep thinking about it :)! Anyone else have Anthem Blue Cross HMO in California ?? If so I would love to hear any feedback! Or just feedback in general!!

Lauren, appears that you are trak for Sleeve-ville!!!

I have Anthem BCBS but in NC. My paperwork was submitted on Jan 7, last week. Praying I hear something soon! Really want to call my surgeons office to ask what the status is. :-/

I also have Anthem BCBS. My paperwork was submitted yesterday. The surgeons office manager says not to worry, but I do!!!

My paperwork was submitted to insurance on Friday (1/17/14) and it seems to be all I can think about lately. I am so impatient-I hope I hear something back soon!!

I have bcbs NJ. I finished all my pre op requirements last Monday. Called the surgeons on Friday. The coordinator told me that she had called bcbs all week to submit for surgery approval. She said each time she called she was put on hold and never got through. I called bcbs and bitched! They gave me another # to call. I let the coordinator know. Hopefully she has called and got through. I am calling tomorrow to find out. This has put me back a whole week. I hope it's not another week. What if this was imminent surgery?!! Well it is, but you know what I mean

I have bcbs NJ. I finished all my pre op requirements last Monday. Called the surgeons on Friday. The coordinator told me that she had called bcbs all week to submit for surgery approval. She said each time she called she was put on hold and never got through. I called bcbs and bitched! They gave me another # to call. I let the coordinator know. Hopefully she has called and got through. I am calling tomorrow to find out. This has put me back a whole week. I hope it's not another week. What if this was imminent surgery?!! Well it is, but you know what I mean

I have the same insurance and did not have a problem. I was approved within 8 days including weekend

Did anyone call the coordinator to check on status? I want to call because it's now been 8 days since they submitted to insurance!

My coordinator called my insurance every other day. She would then call me with an update. I will call her and have her contact the insurance if she hasn't called you by day 10!

I called 4 days ago, Friday, but no answer. :-( I just left her a message. If the coordinator

doesnt return my call by noon tomorrow I plan on calling again. Tomorrow will make it 2 full weeks since my paperwork was submitted.

JUST got a call from the surgery coordinator @11:45am,lol! I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on Feb. 25!!! Pre op diet begins February 4th!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! This is 2 weeks after submission. :-D

Yay!!! Congrats girl!! I am hoping to hear back this week !!!!

My coordinator keeps telling me to call. But every time I call I'm in hold 25 min or more... Grrrrrr it's been submitted since 1/10

JUST got a call from the surgery coordinator @11:45am,lol! I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on Feb. 25!!! Pre op diet begins February 4th!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! This is 2 weeks after submission. :-D

Congrats..

It's been a week of waiting...watching my phone like crazy hoping for the call :-)