Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmmmm, Hmmmmmmm

OK, review this material and see if any makes sense to you!

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/gastric-sleeve-diet.html

If so adopt it... if not, ignore.

Remember (1) that you might be a slow loser (as am I), (2) that I gained after surgery and didn't "rehit" my surgical weight for 2-3 weeks! (3) You are also lucky, you are starting from a lower BMI (I was well over 50 to start!). (4) And of course, your monthly cycle can play havoc with Water weight.

But throughout it all, just press on... As Lipstick said, you will lose weight as you follow your plan!

DON'T give up, and if the scale pisses you off, hide the scale!!!

Thanks musiclover! I really appreciate hearing from you. Some times I feel like a criminal for not having a Protein count. They really are so much more relaxed here, I didn't have to fast before my surgery, and the after care was pretty lose.

Anyway it's nice to hear from you

well, you seemed to want help with why you arent losing, so...... *shrug*

if you are having issues, is there a reason why you cant adopt a more structured approach based on one of the US aftercare plans?

Thanks musiclover! I really appreciate hearing from you. Some times I feel like a criminal for not having a Protein count. They really are so much more relaxed here, I didn't have to fast before my surgery, and the after care was pretty lose. Anyway it's nice to hear from you

People are trying to help you by trying to work out what you are eating in order to give you some insight into why you may not be losing. You said initially you followed a plan, then you said there was no plan. It is confusing. No one is making you feeling like a criminal, they are just trying to get an idea on why it is going wrong for you.

I am in NZ and also did not have strict rules, high Protein recommendations to. However I read a lot and worked out what worked for me. It may well be that you would benefit from counting protein, following a stricter plan etc. it certainly works for thousands and thousands of people who have WLS. After all, it is not like what you are doing now is working is it?

Edited by LouiseC

Its very hard to write about not losing weight especially when everyone else is. Dont be discouraged it WILL come off in time. As others stated perhaps get a better picture of your consumption and your physical activity. I recently joined Weight Watchers to help. Dont give up... Hang in there.

I'm a slow loser having had a bypass. That's ok, I'm resigned to losing about 1lb a week. But I had to know if my pouch was normal before I could reach that point. I had an X-ray and whilst it's not tiny, it is normal and I can eat less than I used to. Could you go and have an X-ray? If your sleeve is too big, you don't have the 'tool' you went for. Good luck :-)

Two things, well three actually......I found some numbers on line that I can shoot for....

calories 600-800,

carbs less than 60,

Protein at least 65 and

Water at least 64 ounces

That's my plan for now.

I just got on myfitnesspal yesterday and am finding my way around.

I do think my stomach is larger than most and will talk to the Dr. Next check up about getting an ex ray.

I would also like to get some hormone tests done just because I have read that that can be a reason for not losing.

I guess I just thought I'd have the "honeymoon" period right after where the weight just melts off, but I went straight to the work hard to lose weight phase, lol.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'm going to get this thing figured out.

Edited by EggWithLegs

Uk-rny, what causes slow weight loss in you?

Eggswithlegs,

I'm in Brisbane. Just wanted to know if u would like me to send u a copy of the post op plan that my Dr and Dietition gave me? I have to have a min 60g protien but not count cals. Myfittness pal has helped just so I know how much protien I'm getting.

We're all here to help. As Misty said look up the Attention!!! Aussie Sleevers thread. We can help u closer to home!

Just let me know

Cheers Bec

Thanks Bec, I think I've found a good program for me to follow now, but I REALLY appreciate the offer. I tried to start a Perth group but they must all be hiding.

I do find myfitnesspal to be helpful too.

Thanks Bec, I think I've found a good program for me to follow now, but I REALLY appreciate the offer. I tried to start a Perth group but they must all be hiding.

No probs at all. If u do need any help with anything please PM me.

I have found my fitness pal is helpful as I'm bad at working everything out myself. Lol

Good luck with it all

I do know of another lady who is in Perth. She had her op done 2 days after me in June. I'll find her and let u know so u can message her and see if u guys can catch up

Edited by Bec101

I would also like to get some hormone tests done just because I have read that that can be a reason for not losing. I guess I just thought I'd have the "honeymoon" period right after where the weight just melts off, but I went straight to the work hard to lose weight phase, lol. Thanks for all your help everyone. I'm going to get this thing figured out.

My surgeon mentioned something about hormone tests with an endocrocrinologist to see if anything might be slowing my weight loss.

Do you have any idea what hormones they might mean?

You are not a failure, this is just temporary, continue to do what you are suppose to do

My surgeon mentioned something about hormone tests with an endocrocrinologist to see if anything might be slowing my weight loss.

Do you have any idea what hormones they might mean?

I'm not sure but I'm going to ask about it when I talk to my Dr. Let me know what you find out too.

Do you take any medicines that cause weight gain. I was taking a couple that made me bloated, etc. If you do take meds check them, some may cause you to gain weight, and then take to your Dr.