Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am stunned you can eat two eggs for Breakfast. I am twenty months post OP and can still only eat one egg in any sitting. At five weeks, even half an egg would have been a struggle. Your situation is unusual.

Are you having snack at all or just the three meals? It doesn't seem like much at all. What plan did the surgery out you on?

Please check out the link in my signature to see a lot of different diet guidelines for post-op from reputable surgical practices. I'm sorry you are not getting much guidance. Look for the Australia Sleevers thread too for more local support. It is under Support Groups / Local / Australia.

You must feel so frustrated! All I can say is, track what you eat and drink (myfitnesspal is the best in my opinion) if you are eating under 1000 cals (probably closer to 600) you will lose. You may be a slow loser, but there is no way your body can go for that long and not lose at some point. Keeping track of cals, pounds and inches is a good idea. It took me 3 years to get to goal... with stalls, gains and s-l-o-w spots plenty. You well may have gained during surgery (I gained 10 pounds) and gone through a stall before you really lost much, but do not beat yourself u[pp. If you are following "the rules" and have not lost much, it is not you that is failing. It may just be timing, swelling, or the stomach fairies! Hang in there, what else are you going to do?

NothingUpMySleeve, I can't tell you how relieved I am to know I'm not alone. I had heard of people losing weight then gsining it back but not of someone not losing at all. All I heard was stories of people who lost so much weight they had to buy new clothes all the time.

My doctor doesn't seem to care and didn't have any advice.

I'm like you, I feel like a total failure. I feel humiliated that I can't even do This right. Such a major step that seemingly work for everyone but me.

Lets help each other. I'll pass on any articles or threads I find and you do the same.

There has to be more of us out there snd hopefully answers.

still interested in hearing exactly how many grams of Protein and how many ounces of Water you are getting every day.

Personally I do about 70 oz of Water per day and about 70 grams of Protein. Calories range from 400-700 or so, with my typical day coming around 600 lately. I typically have one premier Protein shake per day, with the remainder of Protein coming from turkey, chicken or egg. I do have to supplement with Protein powder some days.

I can't eat a whole egg yet, usually. I cut the meat very small and it's tough to eat more than a few bites at a time. I can fit more of the protein Soups and shakes. Last week I tried a slice of cake that was perhaps half the size of a postit note. I started getting flushed and shaky and I had to lie down. It was weird but at least I don't have to worried about being tempted by baked sweets again!

I have followed my diet instructions very carefully. I do, however, need to add more intense exercise more often. I am trying to be patient. Good luck to my fellow very slow losers.

you need to KNOW how much Protein and Water you are getting each day, so you know you are getting enough. otherwise your metabolism slows way down and hangs on to every ounce. there is a pinned post that has links to post op diets. i would search for that and start following an actual post op diet. and start tracking ASAP. <br><br><br> your body needs a certain amount of protein water and exercise to not go into starvation mode and stop losing. this is why you need to track exactly what you are eating, drinking and doing.<br><br> here is the link to my post op diets. you should read through them and maybe this can help you with whatever you are missing. good luck. <br><br> <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/highland/departments-centers/bariatrics/bariatric-diets.aspx'>http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/highland/departments-centers/bariatrics/bariatric-diets.aspx</a>

Thank you for the link!

I don't know how much Protein I'm getting each day. I just try to eat protein with each meal. I will start to track it. I'm not sure what my goal is. I'll look around. I do drink lots of Water so that's good.

I don't know how much Protein I'm getting each day. I just try to eat Protein with each meal. I will start to track it. I'm not sure what my goal is. I'll look around. I do drink lots of Water so that's good.

excuse me, i don't mean to sound like i am giving you a hard time, but you said you were following your discharge diet. how can you be following your diet if you don't know how much protein you are supposed to be getting? every DC diet i have ever looked at has specificed how much protein you need to get daily. it's 60-80 grams a day. and at least 64 ounces of Water. you must track your protein to know how much you are getting.

It is possible to get the sleeve and not be given Protein goals. Some Drs. in Europe just tell their patients to eat normally,any kind of food, in small amounts and chew well. Thats it! Even in the US the plans vary widely from one doc to another. I was also given the 65-80 gms of protein goal... but no carb maxs.... It just depends on your plan.

I was not given Protein goals. To me, that is very much and American thing. It isn't common elsewhere. Calorie goals, yes. Protein specific goals, no. It varies NUT to NUt and surgeon to surgeon.

That said, I am surprised there is not a set plan.

I was given a very vague plan. Also in Australia. The US has a lot more structure. I compiled the list in my signature and made a more structured plan for myself using the resources there. eggs, you might look at that list or get another dietitian who specializes in bariatric patients to give you more guidance.

I'm glad you posted. Australia is a lot less formal. My nutritionist was sick for both our meetings but sent me some info. We live 8 hours from "town" (perth).

I know how you feel eggs I'm from the UK and we were told to eat 'normally' but in very small amounts that's it! My surgeon doesn't believe on Protein Shakes or Protein Bars and he put me on soft foods from waking up!

Thanks musiclover! I really appreciate hearing from you. Some times I feel like a criminal for not having a Protein count. They really are so much more relaxed here, I didn't have to fast before my surgery, and the after care was pretty lose.

Anyway it's nice to hear from you

Thanks musiclover! I really appreciate hearing from you. Some times I feel like a criminal for not having a Protein count. They really are so much more relaxed here, I didn't have to fast before my surgery, and the after care was pretty lose. Anyway it's nice to hear from you

I sent you a PM (private message).