Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins and protein :(

Today is such a disappointment :( I am so sad that I can't stop my tears. Today I tried 4 different Proteins and I had to throw everything I made because I was disgusted :(... I was always a very picky eater. I loved sweets that was my problem.... I am soooooo sad I was only able to get like 15g of Protein maybe it's even less.. I don't know what to do or what to get. I spend over 200$ on Protein products and I did not like any of them at all!!! I can't believe I did this to myself :( I am probably never going to be the same!!

Today was my first day taking Vitamins... I took one Multivitamin that I bought from my surgeons office and I almost threw up.. I will never take it again. I took the B12 under my tongue and it was ok not the best but not something I can't tolerate. I didn't even try the Calcium because it looked exactly like the Multivitamin. Today was just sooooo horrible. I was disappointed and I literally forced myself but just couldn't.

Then I cleaned my room thoroughly and did 2 loads of laundry. I had too because I am a freak clean. The problem? Well when I took a shower my scar by my chest was feeling like it's burning and I looked at it and it's kinda open :( it's not like the other ones. I took the shower anyways and went to the gym after. The gym was closing at 5 and I get there at 4:30 and I was so upset.

Went to cvs to try and buy some other Vitamins because I don't want to give up. I found some chewable Calcium vitamins that are caramel and chocolate and I bought both since it was buy one get one free. I tried the caramel and I loved it. It tasted like candy and I chewed it really really well and it didn't upset my stomach. I hope I will like the chocolate. I also bought fruit burst multivitamin which I will take with my dinner. I hope I will like it. I know these are probably not approved by the surgeon but I do want to take something and I have to take these.

I really don't know what to do about protein. The only think that had high protein which I liked was the Greek yogurt. Farina only had 2g. Uhg this is so frustrating and upsetting.

I tried a Jello sugar free double chocolate pudding which I've been craving since day of surgery and now that I am allowed to have it, my tummy didn't like it so much :(.. Maybe I ate it to fast and I will give it another try. I also am having mashed potatoes for dinner and I hope I will like them. The supermarket have them now in 4oz cups and microwaveable. I might add some sour cream. I am working so hard to lose weight and eat right. But I think I am going to have a hard time because I am a really really picky eater that it's unbelievable. :(

Today was just a really bad day. I know everyone says it will get better but when?

Girl I'm sorry to hear about your day ): I'm still struggling myself and I'm over 3 weeks out but it has gotten easier. They said every day should get easier or you're doing something wrong. Just keep your chin up! Have you tried the nectar Protein? Or the Cookies and creme whey Protein they carry that one at Walmart. Taste pretty good and I'm pretty picky myself!

and as far as Vitamins go.... I'm right there with ya. I have the hardest time getting them down and honestly even remembering them. I use a Gummy multivitamin that taste like fruit Snacks. You might try something fruity! (:

Good luck I hope your day gets better

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling so well. I'm getting sleeved later this month and have also invested in a lot of Protein products as well as liquid Vitamins. If they don't agree with me I'm going to scream.

I know that you've spent a ton of money already, but you might want to think about getting some unflavored Protein powder. You can mix it in your hot Cereal, puddings, mashed potatoes, etc. I have the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand and Syntrax makes a good brand as well.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

I bought the Unjury one. I literally bought very brand that people recommended. I tried the unflavored one, the chocolate one etc. I just do not like it at alllllllllll. I am so upset. I saw some bars that have over 30g of Protein but are like 300 cal and I can't them at this point Uhg. Today is a day that I regret my sleeve :( .... Why does god have to make me so picky. I should be able to tolerate this stuff at least one of then.

I just tried "Oh Yeah"bars and they literally taste like a candy bar. they are not the best for Protein (180 cals for 14-15g of protein) but if nothing else is working it is better to get some than nothing at all. I also really like the unjury chocolate splendor with skim milk, ice, frozen fruit, unsweetened chocolate powder and plain greek yogurt. YUM It is a little higher calorie becaue of the fruit but it is about 240 cals and about 30g of Protein. Sorry you are having so much trouble, I did too in the beginning. I regretted getting the surgery. Now 6 months later I know it was the best decision i ever made. For me it started to get better at about a month and a half. I hope it does for you too, good luck!

The only Protein drink I can stomach is Premier Protein (30g) ready made shakes, unjury chicken Soup and Adkins Protein Bars (15-17g). I like dannon "lite and fit" vanilla Greek yogurt (12g) or Oikos vanilla Greek yogurt (12g), cottage cheese (12-14g).

In regards to vitamins: "Vitafusion Gummies". I take their Multivitamin, Calcium, Vitamin C and Fiber every night. They taste really good.

I hope this helps you. Good luck

The only Protein Shakes I can stomach are Atkins Advantage shakes. I could drink other ones prior to surgery but not after. So far, the only one of Atkins I can not stomach is their double chocolate fudge flavor. However, french vanilla, cafe caramel and milk chocolate flavors are delicious! They give 15 g Protein and only 1 g carbs. I use Flintstones chewable vitamins but have a hard time with my other meds because they are all liquid and taste disgusting. I can not wait until I'm given the ok to take pills again!

smoothie king gladiator with your choice of two fruits is my savior to get my Protein in. I sip on it for 3 hours. ..45 grams of whey Protein isolate.

I could stomach Vitamin drink I got from hospital.. I chew fruit Gummy for multi Vitamins, 3 Caramel Calcium chewiness , Iron with Vitamin C chewable that taste like a mild sand tart, and take a Vitamin B12 shot once a month.

I can now keep down smaller pills..like my high blood pressure and my lexapro.

I couldnt manage any whey Protein, so I tried milk protein-tasted MUCH better, so I could keep it down. I drink Rockin Refuel and it tastes like choc. Milk. You have to get the one with 30 g of protein in 12 oz. it has only 9 net carbs and 190 calories. Their varieties with less protein have a lot more carbs. It was a life saver.

Don't give up! There are so many different Protein shakes on the market, and they really are all different in flavor and texture in unexpected ways. They're not the most healthy of the bunch, but you might try the new Core Power Light shakes. Or, try some Carnation Instant Breakfast with some plain Protein Powder added to get the numbers up.

smoothie king gladiator with your choice of two fruits is my savior to get my Protein in. I sip on it for 3 hours. ..45 grams of whey Protein isolate.

I could stomach Vitamin drink I got from hospital.. I chew fruit Gummy for multi Vitamins, 3 Caramel Calcium chewiness , Iron with Vitamin C chewable that taste like a mild sand tart, and take a Vitamin B12 shot once a month.

I can now keep down smaller pills..like my high blood pressure and my lexapro.

Sorry for your cruddy day. I drink the Ready to Drink (RTD) Muscle Milk Light drink. It's wonderful and goes down so easily. 30 gr protein in one 17 oz drink. I really can't tolerate many of the others. I do enjoy the Whey Protein Isolate protein powders too.

I am in love w the Protein Shake mix from complete nutrition..they r low in sugar ..carbs .and they come in great flavors and taste great..not powdery...I mix them w milk and can get 40 to 60 grams of Protein on a shake...I have tried smores..banana cream..cookies and cream...they will also give u samples to try before you buy..very reasonably priced..it surprised me..