Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

Coming up on 6 weeks post op and down almost 50 pounds and down 2 pant sizes! Is this for real!?

Way to go, cfergie!!

Thanks for the advise .....I never thought of head hunger, but now that you have mentioned it I would bet it is most likely the reason because I don't have a growling stomach and sometimes I do want to reach for a snack that I shouldn't be eating like chips. I do go for Water first or my Decaf coffee and if not satisfied I get cottage cheese or string cheese.

So I was told by my NUT I could start regular diet today wk 7 and I don't know why but I'm nervous! I don't know why to buy! I'm afraid to go back to old habits! Im still in a stall despite adding exercise :( I'm going to just continue to eat what I am now. It was soft diet but still chicken and turkey burgers and vegetables. I don't know what else to add. Se told me I could have 1/2 of a toasted English muffin but that Is carb. I thought we had to stay away from all carbs. . Hummm I'm confused! Anyone start regular diet? Oh I should mention my problem is I'm a picky eater!

So I was told by my NUT I could start regular diet today wk 7 and I don't know why but I'm nervous! I don't know why to buy! I'm afraid to go back to old habits! Im still in a stall despite adding exercise :( I'm going to just continue to eat what I am now. It was soft diet but still chicken and turkey burgers and vegetables. I don't know what else to add. Se told me I could have 1/2 of a toasted English muffin but that Is carb. I thought we had to stay away from all carbs. . Hummm I'm confused! Anyone start regular diet? Oh I should mention my problem is I'm a picky eater!

Donna Marie, I am a rather picky eater myself. Now 7 weeks out, I also can start reintroducing foods back into my diet with the exception of doughy bread (the kind that if you take a slice and squeeze it into a ball it stays that way) and raw veggies...the veggies I can try in April. Generally, though, I still stick to softer foods.

I fear carbs as well, but some carbs are essential. I tried a slice of 15 grain bread toasted (toasted is allowed for me), but it just wasn't fulfilling mentally. So rather than make a bad decision and not buy whole grain, I am avoiding bread all together...for now. Most of my carbs are coming from Peanut Butter and dry roasted peanuts which also provide some Protein value and, occassionally, potatoes. While I am in this phase, chewing into oblivion has been the key to my success in tolerating everything. My two "stuck" episodes were a deviled egg and a grape from not chewing enough. I have a mental block as I cannot enjoy eggs without toast. There was an attempt but, again, not an enjoyable one. I never want to return to the "enriched" white breads that only offer simple carbs.

Now that you have mentioned english muffins, I might try a whole grain version as it would make eggs and chicken salad more normal.

I'm nine months out. Here's some of my favorite foods you can try: turkey meatballs w/sauce, tilapia fillets, shrimp cocktail, hummus w/pretzel chips or beanitos, scallops, scrambled eggs w/veggies, refried Beans, quinoa, ham&cheese wrap made w/Josephs tortilla, pizza-stuffed zucchini (zucchini stuffed w/diced tomatoes, mozzarella, feta, basil, and turkey pepperoni), sliced chicken sausage, buffalo chicken balls (chicken meatballs w/crumbled blue cheese and hot sauce), spaghetti squash w/meat sauce (ground turkey), deviled eggs, burger w/guacamole (moistens the beef), sushi (I like California rolls made w/brown rice), and crust-less quiche.

A special treat? Chili nachos! Beanitos topped w/homemade spicy chili, sliced olives, chopped jalapeños, and a little shredded cheddar. I can only eat a little but it is OH SO GOOD! :-)

There are many more. Get creative while making sure your food is healthy, protein-rich, and tasty. :-)

This Is great thank you for your suggestions! I will definitely try these!! I keep eating. The same things over and over and it I setting boring so these ideas are great!

Is anyone finding it hard to meet calorie/protein goals once returning to work?

I started back this past Monday. I bring my Breakfast shake, snack shake, rf cheese, some type of lean Protein (been on a salmon kick)

But at the end of the day, I realize I haven't finished my snack Protein Drink, or drank enough Water in between, or finish my lunch (the lean protein).

At home, it was easy, followed a schedule. But now, not so much.

I drive 35 min to and from, work 7:30am-5:00, but while at work, never routine. I work in an office, take calls as they come, see appts and walk-ins. It's really hard to remember its time for h2o or time to eat, especially if I'm talking to or seeing a client.

Anybody else?

I started back this past Monday. I bring my breakfast shake, snack shake, rf cheese, some type of lean Protein (been on a salmon kick)

But at the end of the day, I realize I haven't finished my snack protein drink, or drank enough Water in between, or finish my lunch (the lean protein).

I drive 35 min to and from, work 7:30am-5:00, but while at work, never routine. I work in an office, take calls as they come, see appts and walk-ins. It's really hard to remember its time for h2o or time to eat, especially if I'm talking to or seeing a client.

Anybody else?

Yes! I also started back on Monday and expected a whole new food plan would have to be implemented.

The big difference for me is the shift. I work 4pm-12:30am...so I try to get the bulk of my protein in before work. Last week, I planned the entire week of lunches and Snacks on Sunday. The biggest challenge is staying hydrated as I work in a medical lab and cannot have water with me on the floor...the next challenge is remembering my second chewable Vitamin.< /p>

I knew it wouldnt be easy, but I was hoping to be wrong.

I was in the hospital yesterday and they found out that I have a stricture. I go in tomorrow for a scope and dilation to see if that will help me. I am so nervous. I am back on a clear liquid diet until I have this done. I just wanna eat without throwing up. They are also going to see why I have been vomiting blood.

I was in the hospital yesterday and they found out that I have a stricture. I go in tomorrow for a scope and dilation to see if that will help me. I am so nervous. I am back on a clear liquid diet until I have this done. I just wanna eat without throwing up. They are also going to see why I have been vomiting blood.

I am so sorry to hear....I hope the dilation helps and relieves the stricture and pray the bleeding stops as well.

Good luck tomorrow. I hope everything works out.

Yes, I'm having problems at work too - I don't seem to be able to get it all in. I'm great on the weekends and lousy at work. While I was on a 2 1/2 week plateau I didn't mind as much. But now I'm back to losing and I want to do it all correctly.

I started back this past Monday. I bring my breakfast shake, snack shake, rf cheese, some type of lean Protein (been on a salmon kick)

But at the end of the day, I realize I haven't finished my snack protein drink, or drank enough Water in between, or finish my lunch (the lean protein).

Anybody else?

Cfergie., I had a stricture last week. Don't be nervous, you won't feel anything and you will wake up cured!! It's awesome, I even got to have taco bell pinto Beans yesterday. Good luck and really there is nothing to it

You probably also have an ulcer causing the blood, once again nothing to it. They will give you meds that soothe it

You probably also have an ulcer causing the blood, once again nothing to it. They will give you meds that soothe it

I'm back in the hospital tonight and waiting to hear back from my ct scan.