Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

Discouraged. I haven't lost any weight in 5 days. In addition, I got something stuck on Saturday night and haven't been able to do anything but Protein Drinks since - it hurts too much.

My blood sugars aren't going down either.

Beginning to think I shouldn't have done this.

Yes this journey just began.. I'm a very slow loser 2-3 lbs a week. I'm a month out and only down 18# total.. but it will continue to drop and yours will too. Part of losing weight is attitude too.. come on gal, you can do this!

Three weeks post op. On solid foods. First day I have actually hit my Protein and Water goals. Haven't had anything yet that hasn't agreed with me. Other than my newfound lactose intolerance. Having an issue with guilt though. Guilt about eating. I feel like I ate too much today. which I didn't. but I guess I fear not being successful? I have already lost half of my weight so I know I can do it. Have had a lot of serious personal and family issues since coming home from hospital. Stress always made me eat. It isn't now but I think about food a lot. Just don't have much desire to eat. It's such a mindset thing. I think that I have made great strides in changing my whole attitude about food. But is it enough? That's my fear today. Any input? Thanks

Highest weight 250.

Surgery weight 208.

Current weight 192.

Goal weight =<140lbs.

Hey ladies. It has been going well here in NE Pennsylvania despite the snow. I will be ordering my treadmill this weekend so I have something to do when I am itching to go for a long walk. I am down a total of 26 lbs since surgery. Some days it seems like I don't lose anything but then I remember to take my furosimide (Lasix) in order to pee like a normal person. Anyone have issues with that? I drink my 64 ounces a day, but if I don't take my Water pill I just don't "go". I have also learned that my new pouch is sensitive to seasonings. I tried to eat a mexican chicken tortilla Soup and I was in pain from the spices. So I bought some new Soups that are a bit blander but have good flavor. But I also realized that my full button is actually the stuck feeling I get. So now I know.

Hey ladies. It has been going well here in NE Pennsylvania despite the snow. I will be ordering my treadmill this weekend so I have something to do when I am itching to go for a long walk. I am down a total of 26 lbs since surgery. Some days it seems like I don't lose anything but then I remember to take my furosimide (Lasix) in order to pee like a normal person. Anyone have issues with that? I drink my 64 ounces a day, but if I don't take my Water pill I just don't "go". I have also learned that my new pouch is sensitive to seasonings. I tried to eat a mexican chicken tortilla Soup and I was in pain from the spices. So I bought some new Soups that are a bit blander but have good flavor. But I also realized that my full button is actually the stuck feeling I get. So now I know.

YES. I have noticed this, too -- about the peeing. I am drinking my water and my kidney function is excellent -- but I am not peeing much. I even mentioned this to the surgeon's fellow -- and he acted as though I was worrying about nothing. But there are times I don't go for 6 hours! That cannot be normal.

I don't pee often anymore either and when I do it's never a lot. I just thought my body was absorbing the Water because I eat way less now. Maybe that's why I am having slow weight loss. Curious what the doctors/surgeons think of this.

Has anyone saw the infomercial for bacon bowls? I was wondering I it worked with turkey bacon. Pack it with lettuce and Tomato and have a blt without the bread or guilt. I cannot wait to start introduce solids back in and change it for the better.

I also have my first appointment Thursday and I am very excited. Never thought that I would e excited to go see someone that is going I tell me what I can an cannot eat.

How is everyone doing! How is the weight loss?!

So I went to the doctor yesterday, tomorrow I will be 4 weeks out, and I have lost about 34 pounds. I am so excited to start eating soft foods on Thursday. I am totally addicted to the websites www.bariatricfoodie.com and www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. They are people who have had wls and have many, many recipes on their sites, I just keep going back to both sites and looking at recipes. It makes me want to eat healthy!! I already have a grocery list of things to buy to make some of the recipes on the sites. I learned about these websites from people on here, so thank you!

Has anyone saw the infomercial for bacon bowls? I was wondering I it worked with turkey bacon. Pack it with lettuce and Tomato and have a blt without the bread or guilt. I cannot wait to start introduce solids back in and change it for the better. I also have my first appointment Thursday and I am very excited. Never thought that I would e excited to go see someone that is going I tell me what I can an cannot eat. How is everyone doing! How is the weight loss?!

I haven't seen the bacon bowls. I'm surprised I haven't because I usually don't sleep in and there's nothing on tv at 4 am other than infomercials. Lol.

I see my nutritionist on Monday. I've only lost a few pounds these past 2 weeks but I have noticed the inches coming off. I can feel my forearm bone now. I can also wear the small Bracelet for my fitbit flex. Yay! It made me feel good when I realized that today. I thought about selling the small bracelet on eBay when I first bought it because I thought I would never wear it.

Good luck with your appointment Thursday! : )

Has anyone saw the infomercial for bacon bowls? I was wondering I it worked with turkey bacon. Pack it with lettuce and Tomato and have a blt without the bread or guilt. I cannot wait to start introduce solids back in and change it for the better. I also have my first appointment Thursday and I am very excited. Never thought that I would e excited to go see someone that is going I tell me what I can an cannot eat. How is everyone doing! How is the weight loss?!

I haven't seen the bacon bowls. I'm surprised I haven't because I usually don't sleep in and there's nothing on tv at 4 am other than infomercials. Lol.

I see my nutritionist on Monday. I've only lost a few pounds these past 2 weeks but I have noticed the inches coming off. I can feel my forearm bone now. I can also wear the small Bracelet for my fitbit flex. Yay! It made me feel good when I realized that today. I thought about selling the small bracelet on eBay when I first bought it because I thought I would never wear it.

Good luck with your appointment Thursday! : )

I am down 34 pounds. I have a NSV!!! I am wearing my hubbys shorts! He is a stick and they are absolutely comfortable! I am so surprised that I am doing so well.

Has anyone saw the infomercial for bacon bowls? I was wondering I it worked with turkey bacon. Pack it with lettuce and Tomato and have a blt without the bread or guilt. I cannot wait to start introduce solids back in and change it for the better.

I also have my first appointment Thursday and I am very excited. Never thought that I would e excited to go see someone that is going I tell me what I can an cannot eat.

I have seen the commercials and it does work with turkey bacon. I plan on buying that soon for the same idea...breadless BLTs or even Breakfast bowls with eggs, tomatoes, and other yummy veggies. I have lost 26 lbs so far and I am happy with that...it is roughly 5 lbs a week (tomorrow is week 5 for me). It is harder since I can't do mush walking like I used to because of this wretched snow but once I get my treadmill, all bets are off. So for now I just get my leg stretching done while shopping once a week for a few hours.

Even when you start solids, bacon lettuce and tomatoes are some of the hardest to try to eat.. I was bummed out about that because of garden season coming. I have decided to make and can salsa this year since tomatoes will be hard to eat on my new pouch

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone ...I hope you are all enjoying the day :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, anewme! I spent the day with my mom...which is a blessing in a million ways.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, anewme! I spent the day with my mom...which is a blessing in a million ways.

Very happy you got to spend the day with your mom...I am sure it was a blessing :)...my hubby plows snow in the winter and since we just had 15 inches of snow drop on us he spent 35 hours straight plowing between the 13th and 14th..even exhausted he stoped to pick up roses for me :).

Good luck to everyone having surgery this week! For those on the other side, this liquid diet is killing me. I can only have true liquids, no pudding, Jello, etc. I can have Popsicles. NOTHING sounds good. I want to puke just thinking about Protein Shakes and broth. Does anyone else have a constant, underlying nausea and rumble tummy? I have yet to hit 400 calories in a day and I barely make 30g of Protein. I'm sure I'm not getting enough fluids. I try adding Protein Powder but that also makes me want to throw up! Any suggestions? I want an egg! Oh, and yesterday we took the kids to Sonic and they shared an order of mozzarella sticks. I think I would have given my left leg for one bite!

You sound like me. Be strong.