Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

As of my one month post-surgical check up, I am officially 360 lbs and I have been cleared to eat lean, moist meats and cheese. I also start my twice daily chewable vitamins. Woot. Next check up is in a month when I can be cleared for veggies, fruit, and carbs plus B12 shots and calcium/Vit D. Now to get my treadmill so I can get some real exercise. I have been dancing around the house with my iPod because the snow won't go away.

Have you been using the treadmill? I'm 2 weeks out, and wondering when I can start. We have snow also, I don't have anywhere to walk. I can't really drive at this point in th snow. If it clears up I may try SAMs club for a walk on Wednesday, but we are supposed to get more snow!

I haven't bought my treadmill yet. I am going to get one by the end of the month. I am waiting for our tax refund to buy it.

I am 14 days post op. I go on my treadmill 3X a day for 15 min.

Has anyone felt like they were in agony if they skipped a snack or had a really light snack between meals? I had a small snack between lunch and dinner but by time dinner was done I was in so much pain that it hurts to eat. Second time this week but it isn't something medically wrong, it just feels like I am super starving.

I just noticed over the weekend that I get stomach pain when I haven't eaten for a few hours. I don't feel hungry so I don't eat. But then my stomach will hurt until I do eat something. I thought that was strange.

After a completely shitty day yesterday today is so much better! I had my staples and my G tube removed! I had a girlfriend drive me in so that I could take pain meds. I put some baby Orajel on my incision and I did not feel much at all!! My incision had a big gap so they had to super glue it hopefully that heals well. No showers for a few days. Overall my Dr was very pleased. Today I can eat and drink I am going to go back on puréed foods this week even though I had clearance for soft food. After yesterday's rough day I don't want to push it!

Sorry you had such a shitty day the other day...I hope yesterday and today as well as everyday gets much bettter for you :)

I was cleared a few days ago to start eating lean meat and cheese but it hurt too much. It felt like it was stuck in my throat. So I am back to pureed/liquids for a few days. I think I pushed myself to far last week (pushed the envelope foodwise) and my stomach is rebelling. So I am going to try it out going back to liquids/purees for a week and try merging into meats/cheese again next week. Yesterday was bad. I barely got 700 calories and only 16 grams of Protein. I could only drink so I had some gatorade and Soup because the thought of a Protein Shakes was not appealing. I had no appetite and I didn't want to force it. Today will be better.

I hope it all goes well the next time you try eating solids. I think it was a good idea to go back to puree for a week. On the 13th of this month I get to go to soft solids like flakey fish. I am not quite sure what other types of lean meat.< /p>

I was cleared a few days ago to start eating lean meat and cheese but it hurt too much. It felt like it was stuck in my throat. So I am back to pureed/liquids for a few days. I think I pushed myself to far last week (pushed the envelope foodwise) and my stomach is rebelling. So I am going to try it out going back to liquids/purees for a week and try merging into meats/cheese again next week. Yesterday was bad. I barely got 700 calories and only 16 grams of Protein. I could only drink so I had some gatorade and Soup because the thought of a Protein Shakes was not appealing. I had no appetite and I didn't want to force it. Today will be better.

How long has it been since surgery?

We'll yesterday was my one week appt but dr closed his office due to snow so I couldn't go kinda bummed me out. But I'm feeling better everyday still get tired really fast but probably my own fault I'm not getting enough Protein I've probably spent $200 on shakes & I just hate em. It's been lots of crystal light I've prob got 10 different kinds lots of Water too which is something I've never drank in the past. Did sneak a teaspoon full of potatoes the other night. I'm looking forward to a piece of deli meat not gonna lie! Any thoughts on other things to drink???

Down 55 lbs since August. That's halfway to goal. Yahoo!

3 weeks post op and I am feeling good! I am on pureed foods now and sometimes I don't know what to eat. I also sometimes feel hungry. Like last night when I went to bed, I felt hungry. I thought we weren't supposed to feel hungry anymore after the surgery. It was not head hunger, it was real hunger, my stomach was growling hunger. but, I just finished my shake and went to bed. I am getting all of my Protein, which is 75g/day. I drink 2 shakes, have a snack of cottage cheese and eat some pureed Beans or Soup. What are some other foods I can eat, does anyone know? (pureed stage) I will be on pureed foods for another week then go to soft foods and I cannot wait! I am so bored with pureed already and I have only been on pureed for a week. Also, I am so ready to get my g tube removed, but it looks like I will have it atleast 8 weeks, since that is when my next appointment is. I went to mybariatricpantry.com and unjury.com and stocked up on Protein Powder and foods and I don't like any of them. I was drinking the Bariatric Advantage shakes and now, since I had surgery they make me gag. They get thick after time, because we all know we cant drink them really fast, it takes time to drink and they make me gag after they thicken. Ooh, so gross! So now I am drinking the Premier Protein shakes from sam's club. They are much better! So, what is everyone else eating on their "pureed stage" diet??

I have pureed chicken as well. I add chicken broth a little salt and pepper and puree it in my processor.

3 weeks post op and I am feeling good! I am on pureed foods now and sometimes I don't know what to eat. I also sometimes feel hungry. Like last night when I went to bed, I felt hungry. I thought we weren't supposed to feel hungry anymore after the surgery. It was not head hunger, it was real hunger, my stomach was growling hunger. but, I just finished my shake and went to bed. I am getting all of my Protein, which is 75g/day. I drink 2 shakes, have a snack of cottage cheese and eat some pureed Beans or Soup. What are some other foods I can eat, does anyone know? (pureed stage) I will be on pureed foods for another week then go to soft foods and I cannot wait! I am so bored with pureed already and I have only been on pureed for a week. Also, I am so ready to get my g tube removed, but it looks like I will have it atleast 8 weeks, since that is when my next appointment is. I went to mybariatricpantry.com and unjury.com and stocked up on protein powder and foods and I don't like any of them. I was drinking the Bariatric Advantage shakes and now, since I had surgery they make me gag. They get thick after time, because we all know we cant drink them really fast, it takes time to drink and they make me gag after they thicken. Ooh, so gross! So now I am drinking the Premier Protein shakes from sam's club. They are much better! So, what is everyone else eating on their "pureed stage" diet??

I did the same thing.... I loaded up on all these protein foods and they gag me! I just got the premier from SAMs today. I hope it helps because I'm not getting all my protein in. I get hungry too. I'm a little disappointed about that. I do get full quickly. Yesterday my husband baked me a potato, then I mashed it and added broth, yum! I'd made enough for several meals and I didn't have any problems. I ate really slow. Then tonight I tried a scrambled egg. It was delish, even when it got cold. I'm sick of soup and don't like cottage cheese so I'm always looking for ideas. Baby food has been suggested to me, but I haven't tried that. I know we can have Greek yogurt. I hope someone else has more ideas :-)

3 weeks post op and I am feeling good! I am on pureed foods now and sometimes I don't know what to eat. I also sometimes feel hungry. Like last night when I went to bed, I felt hungry. I thought we weren't supposed to feel hungry anymore after the surgery. It was not head hunger, it was real hunger, my stomach was growling hunger. but, I just finished my shake and went to bed. I am getting all of my Protein, which is 75g/day. I drink 2 shakes, have a snack of cottage cheese and eat some pureed Beans or Soup. What are some other foods I can eat, does anyone know? (pureed stage) I will be on pureed foods for another week then go to soft foods and I cannot wait! I am so bored with pureed already and I have only been on pureed for a week. Also, I am so ready to get my g tube removed, but it looks like I will have it atleast 8 weeks, since that is when my next appointment is. I went to mybariatricpantry.com and unjury.com and stocked up on protein powder and foods and I don't like any of them. I was drinking the Bariatric Advantage shakes and now, since I had surgery they make me gag. They get thick after time, because we all know we cant drink them really fast, it takes time to drink and they make me gag after they thicken. Ooh, so gross! So now I am drinking the Premier Protein shakes from sam's club. They are much better! So, what is everyone else eating on their "pureed stage" diet??

Puréed seems like a hard stage. I'm on puréed also. For Breakfast I scramble a egg with 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of salsa. It's not bad. I've made egg salad with light mayo and no sugar added sweet relish. I've also had refried beans. I'm not really broadening my horizons by trying other stuff. Lol.

I also have a gtube but mine will be out the 17th. I cant stand the taste of some shakes I had bought before surgery now. I use them in my gtube to help get my protein in. The premier shakes are good. They seem to be the only one I like now.