Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters

Don't worry about what other people say, as long as you are taking this step for yourself. I had the same experience from family and friends. But now, I don't really care what people say. No one can steal your joy. Wishing you sucess in your weight lost journey.

My surgery date is 10/20. I Celebrate my 40th birthday on 10/10 (in Jamaica)

CW 288

Sw?

Highest weight 315

Height 5'11"

GW 165

I currently live in Chicago!

I work in Chicago but I live in Gurnee!

Ok, we just moved to Chicago, this past April. The fact that my surgery was an option, and now a reality makes this move even better!!! Wls surgery was not covered by my last company.

Had my surgery 7/30/14 im having problems getting all my liquids in too Water hurts my stomach but I continue. I have another question, has anyone had a perm since there surgery.

Hey tmarie3 I was sleeved on 7/11 and got my hair relaxed on 8/28. So far so good....keeping my fingers crossed for little to no shedding

Hi Tmarie3, I had my gastric bypass 7/11 got a perm in August and have not experienced any Hair loss. I started taking Biotin two weeks before surgery and it suppose to help strenghten you hair and nails. It's working because my hair is very healthy and nails are getting stronger.

Hi all want to give you an update I had my surgery June 25, 2014 its been almost 3 month post op, all is fine. I have lost 21lbs so far, but know that on the day of surgery I was only 194lbs, had to have an RNY due to problems I had due to the band then having my stomach plicated. The good new is my A1C was 7.9 when I had blood work in July now its 6.9 so its going in the right direction. I feel great just have to up my Vitamins and start some weight training. LOL

Hi all want to give you an update I had my surgery June 25, 2014 its been almost 3 month post op, all is fine. I have lost 21lbs so far, but know that on the day of surgery I was only 194lbs, had to have an RNY due to problems I had due to the band then having my stomach plicated. The good new is my A1C was 7.9 when I had blood work in July now its 6.9 so its going in the right direction. I feel great just have to up my Vitamins and start some weight training. LOL

Hi Tbone... congratulations on your progress. It is nice to see the numbers go down or at least in the right direction. I'm one of those who I can get one right or the other (eating or exercise) but rarely both at the same time. ... I'm a work in progress lol

Hi everyone..I had my surgery almost 2 years ago...

Hw:285

Cw:204

Not where I want to be but surely not where I've been. .. lol

I'm so grateful for my journey. ..

This morning I had an EGD...I was diagnosed with a pretty nasty ulcer. I was having difficulty in between meals. .. As long as I ate I was fine but when the food digested my acidic juices would have a party at my expense. I heart this is pretty common with the rny.

So pau attention to your body. ..

Had my surgery 7/30/14 im having problems getting all my liquids in too Water hurts my stomach but I continue. I have another question, has anyone had a perm since there surgery.