Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters

Hi ladies! So glad I found this post. I just found out my surgery day is June 18. Super excited.

Welcome! I am June 16th ,looks like we are in the same week :)

Hi ladies, just received information that all of my information has been sent to the insurance company. Now the wait begins. I have Cigna, for those of you with this insurance, how long did it take to receive approval? I am ready to be a 'LOSER' :) in a good way

DebraO

I have Cigna and got approved in three business days.

What are you eating. How much Protein are you taking in. Are you exercising? If all is in order, a call to your NUT or md is necessary

I know I'm not eating and drinking enough. I get about 80-90 grams of protein but I will drink two Premier Protein drinks each day plus almond milk and Protein Powder.< /p>

Hi ladies! It's been a while but......my surgery went well. I did have a slight issue after surgery as I am allergic to codeine and EVERY pain med narcotic gave me a full body rash that drive me crazy along with the pain. A long story short, I had to stay in the hospital an extra day for not being able to drink and pain management. They gave me Tylenol and I dumped on that then they sent me home on tramadol which did absolutely nothing! 10 days post op I'm feeling a lot better and can walk but not alone. I'm moving a lot better but not 100% yet. I have lost a total of 20 lbs with pre-op diet. 6 lbs post-op as of post-op day 7. Now I do not regret having my surgery but while I was in pain I was regretting my choice.

I hope everyone is doing well! And good luck to all those having surgery this week!

OK! AA SLEEVERS.....QUESTIONS???? WHAT ARE YOUR REGRETS ABOUT SURGERY IF ANY? AND WHAT DID U NOTICE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AFTER SURGERY???

My only regret is I didn't do it sooner! I think I may have noticed my stomach getting smaller first.

Omg 4weeks to go...yay me! I am soooo ready to start my journey...get on losers bench...have nsv's.....make it to onderland.....etc..... I think about this all day everday....everthing in my life revolves around my surgery right now.....god bless us all.....Thank u jesus for giving these surgeons the skills and knowledge to perform such a surgery that helps aid people with getting healthy and establishing a new normal......for some of us this means feeling good about ourselves for the the first time in years, or seeing beauty that has always been there or regaining control of our destiny......amen....Liz

@@niasia33 glad to kno u r doing well

Thank you relentless! I'm feeling much better now. I'm out and about and loosing. I've lost 23 lbs since the start of liquid diet so everything worked out.

Hi my sisters, I am consider a light weight for gastric bypass surgery, I am having surgery on the 25th of this month, I went today for my pre-op testing. I am 5'6 and I weight 199lbs, I can hear it you don't weight enough. This is not true, I have type two diabetes and high blood pressure, hypothyroid, and Mr. Arthur in my knee, along with bad GERD and Reflux. I had the lab band, and then he plicated my stomach(folded my stomach). I have read that it will truly make a difference with the diabetes and I have more success with it. I have been on so many diets since the age of 12 and now I am 49 going on 50 this year. I want to get and be fit and healthy.

Hi my name is Kishawna I had bypass 2006 starting weight 250 currently 133-138 I've been maintaining my wight for years now trying to never forget the things I learned in the beginning stage! I sure wish all these tools where available then lol

Hello All, My name is Auri and I will hopefully get a bypass revision from lap and by the end of July! I can't wait to be on the losers bench!

Hi my sisters, I am consider a light weight for gastric bypass surgery, I am having surgery on the 25th of this month, I went today for my pre-op testing. I am 5'6 and I weight 199lbs, I can hear it you don't weight enough. This is not true, I have type two diabetes and high blood pressure, hypothyroid, and Mr. Arthur in my knee, along with bad GERD and Reflux. I had the lab band, and then he plicated my stomach(folded my stomach). I have read that it will truly make a difference with the diabetes and I have more success with it. I have been on so many diets since the age of 12 and now I am 49 going on 50 this year. I want to get and be fit and healthy.

Folks said the same thing about me, I'm 5'3 and I started out weighing 236 lbs...but I to had a lot of illness due to my weight, Gastric Bypass was the best decision I've made. So just think about your health and not what others say.

Hi my name is Heather and I had RNY on 11/18/13. I am looking to connect with other African American women who had RNY. Any takers?

Hi Heather Im Angela and i just had RNY 6/3/14 ....nice to meet u:)

My surgery is next Monday! I'm getting nervous.