Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, when I was stressed, I would usually eat my feelings. I literally can't do that anymore. I don't know what to do with my feelings:(

Express them. Share them if you have someone to listen, or write as PT suggested. Pent up feelings whether eaten or swallowed have a way of doing grave damage to you.

So get them out in a healthy way. You can walk, run, bike. I hung a punching bag and tape people's face to it that make me mad...(only kidding but I visualize it!)

Mostly don't beat yourself up for having feelings, your human and your allowed. :)

Take a walk or run- nothing makes me feel better especially when I'm stressed.

i am severely depressed right now. stress is a catalyst. stress makes it very hard to handle little things. i am not even allowed to answer the phone. do you guys know how many idiots are on the other side of that reciever. and i'm on a no call list. my husband took the phone away from me when i told a complete stranger to fing off. and don't call me again. oh boy. with my mother dying in nov. i am grieving for my best friend as well as my mom but the thoughts are that i never had time to grieve for my dad who died 2 years ago. i was to busy taking care of my mom. this morning a example of the load my brain cant handle anymore is just a conversation with my hubby , it wasnt an agrument it was just a disagreement. but my first thoughts after he went to work was what can i fix myself to eat. thank goodness i have some goals in place that i want to meet so instead i made a satay of chicken , i took the time to write calories and Protein down so i know what i am eating. i only made it for me. in the slow cooker for dinner. but the time it took to chop, mince,shake,and stir. got me through that self destructive mode. and than i went on a walk. in the rain. so my advise is to try anything to get you through the self destructive mode. it might just give you the moments to get yourself under control. i wish anyone and everyone love. especially if mental illness is in the way. with this said i may not be on as much. i am reading all of your posts tho.. i need to read what everyone is doing. but like this post its winded and i apologize. happy eating. and happy band

((HUGS)) to you! Wishing you peace and calm in your life.

i am severely depressed right now. stress is a catalyst. stress makes it very hard to handle little things. i am not even allowed to answer the phone. do you guys know how many idiots are on the other side of that reciever. and i'm on a no call list. my husband took the phone away from me when i told a complete stranger to fing off. and don't call me again. oh boy. with my mother dying in nov. i am grieving for my best friend as well as my mom but the thoughts are that i never had time to grieve for my dad who died 2 years ago. i was to busy taking care of my mom. this morning a example of the load my brain cant handle anymore is just a conversation with my hubby , it wasnt an agrument it was just a disagreement. but my first thoughts after he went to work was what can i fix myself to eat. thank goodness i have some goals in place that i want to meet so instead i made a satay of chicken , i took the time to write calories and Protein down so i know what i am eating. i only made it for me. in the slow cooker for dinner. but the time it took to chop, mince,shake,and stir. got me through that self destructive mode. and than i went on a walk. in the rain. so my advise is to try anything to get you through the self destructive mode. it might just give you the moments to get yourself under control. i wish anyone and everyone love. especially if mental illness is in the way. with this said i may not be on as much. i am reading all of your posts tho.. i need to read what everyone is doing. but like this post its winded and i apologize. happy eating. and happy band

Thanks guys! I do struggle with depression and was just having a really bad day at work and have been very down lately. Everyone was going out to lunch, but I just had a fill the other day so I'm still doing liquids. I did a little food last night and it got stuck. So, I was just having this feeling of I would usually go with everyone and eat. Eat to comfort myself. But I physically can't. I sort of feel like I'm mourning the loss of food. I never know if I eat something if it's going to get stuck or not. I am very frustrated with being able to eat one thing one day and not the next. Food is scary now instead of comforting. I need to find a new comfort. I just haven't found anything yet.

Excellent observations melandoll!!!

I recognize that very zone you described. I too was shocked SHOCKED I tell you, to discover how effectively eating/OVEReating had become my own Journey to Morbid Obisity.

Identifiying and recognizeing those very points helps tremendously in preparing for the next phase into the 'Days of our Desires' in a non-food way.

Somehow along the way I discoverd LBT and learned to find other activies. ONE thing that really helped, was to list a new discovery every time I made one, such as "I can walk to the mail box without my knee exploding".....a form of NSV --Non scale Victories....which after a few bouts of "WHAT have I done to myself ", suddenly all sorts of NSVs began multiplying.

Another sudden activity, was to start the boxing up of clothing no longer SMALL ENOUGH to fit!! What excitement!

Suddenly, in stead of boxes of stuff that was too small or too tight, there was some of my old favorites that in themselves I had put away to wear a some glorious future time where I could somehow slip back into them....but I was disappointed, as now they too was JUST TOO LARGE!!!!

Discovering each week my size crept closer to the ultimate shock (WARNING---this is TOUGH).....there were entire stores out there, that didn't even have the XXXXL sizes....and I was being sent to them by my old fat-boy clerks....the pain of rejection somehow bumped me out of some of my preoccupaiton with food choices.

Along the way I discovered I was more preoccupied with not 'hunger' but instead the FEAR of becomeing 'hungry'...

Then I discovered 'satiety' was REAL....and that the approach of 'hunger' was enjoyable in the way s pleasant summer swale that cooled the heat of the day and restored the comfort of just admiring the approaching 'hunger' ...which I could easily modify with a few bites instead of laboring under entire bread loaves and bags-o-burgers. etc.

So YOU can DO IT TOO!!!

Cheers in your journey.

Edited by Jack

Stress can be a pain in the a**. Before I was banded beer,beer, beer, and food was my answer but I now days it's excerise and candy Crush! :) My advice is find another outlet then food. I argee with everyone suggestion but you have to find something that works for you besides food. I know old habbits die hard but you can do it. Here is some articles that may help

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/health_news_detail.asp?health_day=678171

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=study_exercise_to_reduce_anxiety_and_stress

Good Luck