Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Supplement insanity!

I will give a million fake dollars to anyone that can figure this out and not require me to stay up 20 hrs a day! There is just not enough time in the day to let me take my pills. It's crazy! Here they are:

Thyroid medication: Once a day on an empty stomach and then an hour before I can eat. Cannot be taken within four hours of Calcium or Iron supplements or antacid.

Calcium; 3x a day. Cannot be taken within 3-4 hours of iron

Vitamins w/iron: Doc wants them spread out two a day, but have been taking two together. Can take them with anything because apparently Iron trumps everything.

Antacid: Currently once a day on and empty stomach. Could be switching to twice a day.

HELP!!

I will give a million fake dollars to anyone that can figure this out and not require me to stay up 20 hrs a day! There is just not enough time in the day to let me take my pills. It's crazy! Here they are: Thyroid medication: Once a day on an empty stomach and then an hour before I can eat. Cannot be taken within four hours of Calcium or Iron supplements or antacid. Calcium; 3x a day. Cannot be taken within 3-4 hours of Iron Vitamins w/iron: Doc wants them spread out two a day, but have been taking two together. Can take them with anything because apparently iron trumps everything. Antacid: Currently once a day on and empty stomach. Could be switching to twice a day. HELP!!

Ask your doc about taking extra iron in the evening or ask them for a schedule. If you can take iron evening only! Here's a schedule that will work.

Take the anti acid and thyroid medication as soon as you wake up. One hour later, take calcium and Vitamin and eat Breakfast. Take another calcium at lunch, and then with dinner. Right before bed, take your second Vitamin and extra iron.

Lynda

Dont forget..thyroid meds must be taken alone as well.

I take thyroid med first...45 mins lster my omeprazole next. 45 mins later I have a shake..then 45 mins later I take my multi, metformin, vit d, and Biotin.

Some nights I take a 2nd dose of omeprazole. .not all.

Sundays I take my B12.

Haven't attemped the calcium chews yet tho. Iron is taken few times a week...later at like dinner.

It is crazy.

Edited by gomekast

I will give a million fake dollars to anyone that can figure this out and not require me to stay up 20 hrs a day! There is just not enough time in the day to let me take my pills. It's crazy! Here they are:

Thyroid medication: Once a day on an empty stomach and then an hour before I can eat. Cannot be taken within four hours of Calcium or Iron supplements or antacid.

Calcium; 3x a day. Cannot be taken within 3-4 hours of Iron

Vitamins w/iron: Doc wants them spread out two a day, but have been taking two together. Can take them with anything because apparently iron trumps everything.

Antacid: Currently once a day on and empty stomach. Could be switching to twice a day.

HELP!!

What about...

thyroid at 8 am

Vitamin at 12 pm

Antacid and calcium at 4

Vitamin at bedtime

Calcium has to be taken 3 times a day. Also, my endocrinologist said thyroid can't be taken within four hours of the antacid (Iron and calcium too). You see my dilemma! But I think I can take the calcium and antacid together. I think. If thats the case that should help some!

I have same issue except thankfully I don't have thyroid meds.

Vitamin 2x daily

Calcium 3x daily

Previcid 1x daily

Gallbladder meds 2x daily

Calcium and Vitamin must be 2 hours apart. I told nut next week when I have to start waking up earlier again I might be able to get all the calcium in. Just remembered today is Sunday and I have to take B12. Off to the kitchen for b12 and gallbladder meds. lol

thyroid upon waking (6am??), Calcium and omeprazole (10am),mvi w/ Iron (1pm), 2nd Ca (4pm), 2nd mvi w/ Iron (7pm), 3rd Ca (10pm).... would that work? It's like a full time job!!

I know this is wrong but I take them all together because otherwise I won't take them. I need to have some blood work drawn this month and I will report back.

I would ask your doctor to write you out a specific schedule. Let them figure it out

well I take thyroid medication too. I have set my pills as follows:

AM: multivit, Iron, potassium chloride (prescription), Vit A, C, magnesium, zinc, omeprazole (for reflux), stool softner (for the Iron "issues"), metformin (diabetic) and blood pressure pill (tried to stop it and swelled up like a balloon so the doctor added a small amount to keep me from retaining Water.)

Lunch: Calcium 1200 gm with Vit D (prescription)

Dinner: multi vit, allergy pill, thyroid medication, Metformin.

My 3 month labs were terrible so several of the above were added. My 6 month labs were "perfect"! So……I will continue with this routine.

I have been known to deliberately schedule something for the middle of the night when I know I'll get up to go to the bathroom.