Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want a coke soooo bad!

I stopped drinking cokes about 4 months before I got my lapband in Dec of last year. I have maybe taken 2 sips since, but all the sudden I am craving a coke so bad! What does everyone drink other then Water to help with cravings?

Edited by ivyh

I drink a lot of crystal lite an occasional full on sugar lemonade. Decaf Coffee...and of course Water. I used to drink fruit 2 O as well but for some reason I get hives now when I drink it.

I had a pretty bad Diet Pepsi addiction and it was definitely hard to shake. Been nearly two years now without any carbonation. For me I just told myself that my journey and health of my band far outweighed a taste of soda. Worse case scenario you could always let it go flat before you drink it.

Good luck!!

I never liked Crystal Light peach tea (my husband's favorite). Now I love it lol. I have been addicted to diet Coke many years and now I do not even want one. Very strange. Over the years I have read so many bad things about cola products that I am glad I am off them. You might save a lot of money if you can get used to not drinking them lol. One peer said she is 6 months post op and now can sip on one.

I dont drink them at all but I have been wanting one so I am just trying to find something else to drink that might help...because Water is not=)

In addition to coffee and tea I drink Vitamin Water. I feel like I am killing 2 birds with one stone. Getting in my water and hopefully the Vitamins will help me avoid things like Hair loss.< /p>

The thing that has been SAVING me, both in thirst and cravings has been Arizona Diet Tea with Ginseng and also the Arnold Palmer 1/2 & 1/2 Tea & Lemonade - I love the stuff - it's splenda but it's very mild and not overly sweet like so many of the diet drinks can be. I'm definitely getting my 80+ oz of Fluid a day - I'm very thankful I found this - because I was not getting those fluids in like I am now.

I use the MIO drops in Water. In the very beginning I had the same feeling of just wanting that taste of cola. I was afraid to even attempt a sip because of the carbonation.

My husband and I were at a catering hall event and I asked the bar tender to mix some of the coke Syrup with some plain non- carbonated water...I have to tell you that it was so sickly sweet and gross that it cured my want of ever having it again :)

I stopped drinking cokes about 4 months before I got my lapband in Dec of last year. I have maybe taken 2 sips since, but all the sudden I am craving a coke so bad! What does everyone drink other then Water to help with cravings?

I don't drink soda's, but carbonation isn't an issue for me. I'm 4+ years post op. I never understood how tiny little carbon dioxide bubbles could cause so much difference of opinion in the lapband expert ( I'm talking expert SURGEONS ) community. But it certainly does!

Talk with your surgeon about it, if thats the reason you aren't drinking your cokes.

A lot of the "rules" are ever changing and they may not chastise you for it nowadays...

As far as what I drink, Powerade Zero, G2, Lemonade, Unsweetened iced tea, coffee, beer, wine, etc.

I am four years banded and I do on occasion drink a diet coke. I don't make a habit of it but I drink it. I would think after a couple of years that your band is well attached to the wall of your stomach. If you want it drink it but don't make a habit of it.

I'm two weeks post op and separately miss just carbonated Water. That was my go-to water of choice. My surgeon and nutritionist (tied to the doctors office) are both against carbonation of any sort. :(

what i miss isn't cola but ginger ale. i always drank that when i had a upset tummy. i drink ginger tea now but it isn't the same as a ice cold ginger ale. but my doctor said no to carbonation the first year. so i drink crystal lite and Water, coffee, Protein drinks with coffee. and occassionally vit. Water.

I stopped drinking cokes, and other sodas years ago, more for general health issues...

I also have no issues with carbonation, as long as I am careful...

There is a place near me that bottles their own all "Natural" Black Cherry Soda....that stuff is out of this world...

I drink Water only, I find anything with artificial sugar makes me crave more sugar

Edited by michpell39

I drink a lot of crystal light. I love lemonade though so the lemonade crystal light usually does the trick for me. If I want something sweeter, the fruit punch flavor is really sweet. My last carbonated drink(a diet dr. pepper, which was my addiction) was on Oct. 24th. I have not wanted one at all until a few days ago when we were out to eat at a restaurant. I realized quickly that it was simply because everyone else was drinking soda and it didn't matter anyway because I can't drink with my meals. I am allowed to drink right up until I start my meal though so I usually have some ice Water while we wait for our food.

There is a place near me that bottles their own all "Natural" Black Cherry Soda....that stuff is out of this world...

I WANT SOME!! Not for me, but for my 10 year old. She rarely drinks soda, but it's the only soda she likes (BCS)

PS... I hate artificial sweeteners. I rather have the REAL stuff, so my sugar intake is VERY limited.

Edited by HotButterFly