Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is tomorrow OMG

Mine too! :) I hope! I'm scared they will turn me away if they see that I have a cold. 2014 will NOT work for me :) Best to you and I will say prayers for both of us - keep in touch and we can track together ;) Jennifer, Dallas -newbie and still looking for fancy stuff - lol

Yay for us :) good luck and yes we will :)

I had surgery today at 7:30.. Once I said bye to my mom I was soo sad I was crying an breathing heavily. I had a nurse who was holdings hand and I pretended she was my mom. She told me she wouldn't let go. I was sooo scared. The staff was nice and all. I was regretting it so much I wasted to stop but I knew this was what I wanted. Woke up in pain. Could barely open my eyes. I refused pain medication and my mom and sister apparently. Woke up again after 30 and asked for my mom and medication. My scares do not hurt at ALL. It's my throat that does. It's a just a MUST that you AlL bring a blistex with you. That's helping me a lot. You have no idea so please listen and go buy one. My throat is very dry. There was few times that I wants to throw up but there was nothing to vomit except gas. Omg that hurts so much. I am sad that I am feeling this way. And please don't think I am discouraging anyone just telling my story. They just gave me medication and for dizziness. I am sitting up at the moment bc they said it help with the gas. My back it's staring to hurt a little. Do I have regrets? Maybe just a little! I feel my stomach empty but even if I could I wouldn't want to eat or drink anything. I've been doing the breathalyzer thingy every hour because it helps. I also have a heart monitor since I had heart surgery. Ohh and they wrapped these massage things on my leg which helps with the blood clots but my legs feel so good I am loving it. I will check back later

I had my surgery on the 26th. Knock on wood I have had absolutely no pain. I have had no pain meds since leaving the hospital. I do struggle getting all the Water in - but that seems to be improving. Started drinking Protein Shakes today...and spending at least 30 minutes walking daily since Saturday. My biggest fear was leaving the hospital. I had to travel 4+ hours for my surgery and the weather has been anything but cooperative. Good luck on your journey - I have no regrets!!!

I was so busy at my brothers engagement party that the day flew by and now I am tearing because my dream is coming true tomorrow OMG omg omg .. I am now feeling nervous and have lots of butterflies in my tummy. Tell me I will be okay and the pain won't be so bad please please please :/

I am praying for you! How did it go? Are you feeling ok? please post when you can and update everyone. We care.

I love hearing all the updates from recent your surgeries. I'm scheduled Jan 14th so every bit of info helps!!

I took ONE dose of pain med when I got home and went grocery shopping the same week. Went shopping 2-3 hours within a week. I had no pain, just tenderness around the little incisions. 1 am 6 weeks post op and I think I can do anything, feeling wonderful. BTW I am 67 and loving life LOL!!!!! Best wishes!!!

Hi guys. I am a little better now. My surgery was about 1hour or so. Now I am feeling a little discomfort. I took a walk which made me feel better. Just tired now

Good luck

The pain just won't matter when the pounds start melting off! You will do great!