Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did everyone do with christmas dinner?

I ate a piece of sweet potatoe pie and the next day had a small slice of German chocolate cake only 4 the holiday will not make it a habit oh & a cup of wine 4 sips I was feeling tipsy almost drunk I don't like alcohol anymore wish I could say the same about sweets & btw I'm 8 months post op start weight 215 current weight 149

I was in the hospital for Christmas :( dehydrated !!! It's so hard for me to get all these liquids in still at 2 1/2 weeks

Sorry 2 hear that try diff things I use 2 & still do drink crystal light Decaf tea Water with lemon and I have a slushie maker so I'm eating 5 to 6. 12 ounce cups a day no flavor just ice but I have some sugar free kind in case I want 2 spice it up & icicles good luck

So far, I've had an easy time walking away from Desserts. I'm sure it's just because I'm still in the honeymoon period (3.5 months post op) but sweets don't really appeal right now. I had a harder time being around chips and crackers. I had made a garlic/olive/dried Tomato FF cream cheese ball so I used it as a spread on my turkey. I also made a crab dip and just ate that with a spoon. However, I know I ate more than I normally would because we were there for several hours and I ate a piece of turkey every couple of hours.

Proud that I managed to skip my mom's corn casserole and its ooey goodness. I won't see it again for another year and hopefully by then, I'll be in a place where I can have a spoon of it. I still haven't had any alcohol but I was never a wine/beer drinker. I was always fond of vodka/cranberry and I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea.

I was in the hospital for Christmas :( dehydrated !!! It's so hard for me to get all these liquids in still at 2 1/2 weeks

Hope you feel better

I ate a piece of sweet potatoe pie and the next day had a small slice of German chocolate cake only 4 the holiday will not make it a habit oh & a cup of wine 4 sips I was feeling tipsy almost drunk I don't like alcohol anymore wish I could say the same about sweets & btw I'm 8 months post op start weight 215 current weight 149

I have ate WAY too many Cookies. Also had a small sliver of butternut squash pie (like pumpkin pie). I stated at 206 and am 145 today. I didn't gain any during the holiday so I must have not done too terrible. I would have liked to have lost but that's ok I'm back in track now. I don't drink much at all anymore. I've had probably 4 drinks in the nine months I've been sleeved.

I ended up with a bad cold on Christmas day and didn't eat much. I had permission to eat whatever/however I wanted that day (with the proviso that Christmas is one day, Christmas is not Christmas Eve and Christmas, or Christmas Eve until New Years Day, etc.).

Anyway, I sampled a lot of stuff - had a couple bites of prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, green Beans with fontina cheese, shrimp aspic, and celery casserole. Had a bite of pecan pie with ice cream. I even started the day with one of my mom's famous shortbread Cookies and a quarter of a boysenberry pinwheel from the local bakery. I had maybe a quarter of a glass of red wine WITH dinner! But my amounts ended up being so small that I ended the day with under 500 calories and 30 carbs, which is less than my usual (around 700 calories and 50 carbs).

I ate too much and ended up my day over. On the other hand, because I controlled the menu everything I ate was just fine. It was too much to the extent that I didn't end up having any pumpkin pie (I had planned to scrape out the innards and have a little whipped cream.) But I was whipped.

I ended up with a bad cold on Christmas day and didn't eat much. I had permission to eat whatever/however I wanted that day (with the proviso that Christmas is one day, Christmas is not Christmas Eve and Christmas, or Christmas Eve until New Years Day, etc.).

Anyway, I sampled a lot of stuff - had a couple bites of prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, green Beans with fontina cheese, shrimp aspic, and celery casserole. Had a bite of pecan pie with ice cream. I even started the day with one of my mom's famous shortbread Cookies and a quarter of a boysenberry pinwheel from the local bakery. I had maybe a quarter of a glass of red wine WITH dinner! But my amounts ended up being so small that I ended the day with under 500 calories and 30 carbs, which is less than my usual (around 700 calories and 50 carbs).

You eat and drink at the same time ? U not suppose 2

Oh my, this Christmas has been a lesson in self control. And I chose poorly a number of times. Yikes. I am going to get back on track after these parties finish. Today, is our last "Christmas dinner" feast as a family. We get together for the social reasons, but my, there is so much tempting food around. I have to go even though I dread the eating. Why must we always have to have eating of rich food at family gatherings? Don't answer, rhetorical question. We had like 4 Christmas dinners between the different parts of my extended family and I am staying off the scale. :) no reason to affirm what I can already feel. Next week will be a repurposing week about getting back into the pattern of eating right. I still exercise like before (5 x this past week of intense workouts), but I think the holiday eating is tipping my body into store versus burn mode.

You eat and drink at the same time ? U not suppose 2

As I said, I had permission from my medical team to eat whatever/whenever/however I wanted on Christmas Day . . . and yes, that included drinking with my meal if I wanted to. It isn't something I ordinarily do, don't worry. :P

Don't give up u will get use to it as time goes along it was hard for me too right after surgery nothing was staying down the doctor kept me back an extra day just for that 3 months today and I am 65 pounds down

I didn't do so hot. Had 3 Christmas dinners and a wedding in 5 days. I don't think I gained, but certainly didn't lose either! I'm back on the wagon today and going to do a little detox come Jan. 1. Anyone know any good, safe plans/programs?

I was only 6 days post op....my head wanted the food but my tummy didn't so I stuck to my Clear Liquids. I will say it is one the hardest things I have done.