Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Nice to see I am not the only one who is having a hard time putting on smaller clothes. I still havent bought anything new and my daughters keep telling me I have too. I too still see the fat that is still there and not what I have lost. I think in time we will get past that feeling, but it is still to knew for all of us. I think just maybe when we have got to our goals we might feel better then we do right now. One thing it sure is a great feeling knowing those clothes dont fit anymore though. Now just to figure out what size a person is ....

I believe that stated that she had the sleeve back in Sept and conversed to RNY this past Dec. i think that she stated that she'd lost weight before she conversed over to RNY. In other words, she hasn't lost 100 lbs since Dec.

Mcmann1. Yes. I think it takes time for our brain to catch up to our body. I won't have to buy clothes for a while yet. I have three sizes of ME in my closet. I did hang a short skort on the door of my closet that I wore 10 years ago as inspiration. I'm hoping to be into it by the end of summer and lose out of it again. That's what I'm using as a bench mark. I look at it every day and it makes me smile.

I have went from a 3x in a shirt and can wear an xl also couldn't resist and bought me a smaller pair of jeans but I have two other smaller sizes before I need to but more! I however keep fluctuating on this one lb and can't seem to get below it! Still having a hard time getting all my Proteins in.

I believe that stated that she had the sleeve back in Sept and conversed to RNY this past Dec. i think that she stated that she'd lost weight before she conversed over to RNY. In other words, she hasn't lost 100 lbs since Dec.

What's up? Isn't this site designed for us to bare our souls, our goals, our frustrations, and our progress. I have never hidden the fact that I have had other surgeries before I was converted to RNY in December. I have posted several times my ordeals that I went through and all the complications that I endured during the time from September to December. I have been honest with everyone since I joined the December thread that it was okay with them that I was even on this thread. I have major medical problems just like many others that have had their surgery. I have Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, adrenal insufficiency, and immune deficiency to just name a few of the big ones. I am still dealing with those issues today. They are slightly better but not much. If anything they were all stirred up up after each of the surgeries that I couldn't get out of the bed for weeks. I was a ticking time bomb with my health. I truly believe that if I wouldn't have had the surgery when I did that I would not be here today! Now am I asking for a pitty party. Hell no! I am a nurse and I worked 60+ hours a week as a charge nurse of a private surgery center. Unfortunately I was taken out of work in June by my doctors because they were scared for my health. But hopefully one day I will start to feel even better as more of this weight comes off that I can return to the job that I love. I know that many of you on this thread also have major medical issues as well. And I know for fact that everyone on this thread has a weight problem. That's how we all got to where we are know. We have all tried crazy diet after crazy diet with some success here and there but nothing long term or you wouldn't be on this site. This site is for positive people with positive feedback. We can say things on here and everyone knows exactly what we are talking about instead of trying to explain it to someone who doesn't understand because they are not going through it. I don't care if you post on here that you lost one pound or if you lost 50 pounds. I am going to congratulate you and say keep up the good work. We have all fought the weight loss battle for many years and that's why we are joined together on this site. I will admit that the battle is a lot easier with having the RNY but none the less that has still been a battle. I don't know about you but it sure has helped me in my battle to have all the feedback from different people. I would much rather go into a battle with an army on my side instead of being the one that wants to point a finger and be alone, jealous, or bitter. I'm just doing the best I can with the tools that the doctors gave me and I will always be available for positive feedback with a positive attitude. Thanks!

You tell em red! I thought the remark sounded a little jealous and bitter myself ! I am like you in that NO matter how you did it I think it's freaking awesome to have that much weight lose! Everyone on this site has their own personal battles and everyone is different in their weight lose but just because I haven't lost as much doesn't mean I don't rejoice with other for their successes. That is what this forum is for!!!!!!! You keep on keepin on girl and you will one day be back to your job!

What's up? Isn't this site designed for us to bare our souls, our goals, our frustrations, and our progress. I have never hidden the fact that I have had other surgeries before I was converted to RNY in December. I have posted several times my ordeals that I went through and all the complications that I endured during the time from September to December. I have been honest with everyone since I joined the December thread that it was okay with them that I was even on this thread. I have major medical problems just like many others that have had their surgery. I have Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, adrenal insufficiency, and immune deficiency to just name a few of the big ones. I am still dealing with those issues today. They are slightly better but not much. If anything they were all stirred up up after each of the surgeries that I couldn't get out of the bed for weeks. I was a ticking time bomb with my health. I truly believe that if I wouldn't have had the surgery when I did that I would not be here today! Now am I asking for a pitty party. Hell no! I am a nurse and I worked 60+ hours a week as a charge nurse of a private surgery center. Unfortunately I was taken out of work in June by my doctors because they were scared for my health. But hopefully one day I will start to feel even better as more of this weight comes off that I can return to the job that I love. I know that many of you on this thread also have major medical issues as well. And I know for fact that everyone on this thread has a weight problem. That's how we all got to where we are know. We have all tried crazy diet after crazy diet with some success here and there but nothing long term or you wouldn't be on this site. This site is for positive people with positive feedback. We can say things on here and everyone knows exactly what we are talking about instead of trying to explain it to someone who doesn't understand because they are not going through it. I don't care if you post on here that you lost one pound or if you lost 50 pounds. I am going to congratulate you and say keep up the good work. We have all fought the weight loss battle for many years and that's why we are joined together on this site. I will admit that the battle is a lot easier with having the RNY but none the less that has still been a battle. I don't know about you but it sure has helped me in my battle to have all the feedback from different people. I would much rather go into a battle with an army on my side instead of being the one that wants to point a finger and be alone, jealous, or bitter. I'm just doing the best I can with the tools that the doctors gave me and I will always be available for positive feedback with a positive attitude. Thanks!

Oh wow!!! ladies, ladies. I'm not sure why the caddiness, but I was not trying to undermind Redstacey's success at all.I Celebrate you my dear. I believe that maybe my post was taken out of context. I too, am a nurse for many years and a know many of us who have had this surgery because of many and the same reasons. I actually was trying to motivate the person who was a little upset because she hadn't lost much weight and she'd just had her surgery this past December. I was just reiterating Redstacey's comments regarding her journey with her surgery. The person thought that you'd lost it all since December. I was just letting her know that your journey began earlier than ours. That's all and nothing else. I apologize if you took this out of context because that was not the intent, but it also saddens me that you jumped to conclusions before asking me what I meant. You say that you are a positive spirit, well a truly positive person would have given me the benefit of the doubt and realized that maybe there was no negative aspect involved. I just reread the post and it read to me what I intended and that was to encourage and let that person know that your journey began back in Sept, not Dec. because she thought otherwise. I never made a comment as to whether or not what you did was not worthy of your weight loss. You are an inspiration and especially so now that I know that you are a fellow nurse. I apologize again, but I feel that you jumped the gun. And you may want to watch out for the negative feedback (greensiz 42) that egged you on, eluding to that I may be jealous....Far from it! I have nothing to be jealous of. God is great to me and I pray nothing but the best for you. Instead of calling me negative, be positive yourself and give persons the benefit of the doubt because we come from different backgrounds (meaning that we all take things differently) and this is the internet, things read differently than intended sometimes. This is why I avoid many of these types of blogs because of what just happened. I guess this is why the doctors tell you to stay away from them. Take care and you have a blessed day.

Lady or man your remark definitely could be read as a put down or negative! I am always glad for someone else's lose and rejoice. Maybe next time you want to ENCOURAGE someone you might want to not be as cut and dry as you were. And yes since you decided to address me this is my response to you. This is a forum and no one can read your mind on what you intended and by the way nurse it's cattiness with a t not a d! Don't stand in a glass house and throw stones!

Lady or man your remark definitely could be read as a put down or negative! I am always glad for someone else's lose and rejoice. Maybe next time you want to ENCOURAGE someone you might want to not be as cut and dry as you were. And yes since you decided to address me this is my response to you. This is a forum and no one can read your mind on what you intended and by the way nurse it's cattiness with a t not a d! Don't stand in a glass house and throw stones!

Oh wow!!! ladies, ladies. I'm not sure why the caddiness, but I was not trying to undermind Redstacey's success at all.I Celebrate you my dear. I believe that maybe my post was taken out of context. I too, am a nurse for many years and a know many of us who have had this surgery because of many and the same reasons. I actually was trying to motivate the person who was a little upset because she hadn't lost much weight and she'd just had her surgery this past December. I was just reiterating Redstacey's comments regarding her journey with her surgery. The person thought that you'd lost it all since December. I was just letting her know that your journey began earlier than ours. That's all and nothing else. I apologize if you took this out of context because that was not the intent, but it also saddens me that you jumped to conclusions before asking me what I meant. You say that you are a positive spirit, well a truly positive person would have given me the benefit of the doubt and realized that maybe there was no negative aspect involved. I just reread the post and it read to me what I intended and that was to encourage and let that person know that your journey began back in Sept, not Dec. because she thought otherwise. I never made a comment as to whether or not what you did was not worthy of your weight loss. You are an inspiration and especially so now that I know that you are a fellow nurse. I apologize again, but I feel that you jumped the gun. And you may want to watch out for the negative feedback (greensiz 42) that egged you on, eluding to that I may be jealous....Far from it! I have nothing to be jealous of. God is great to me and I pray nothing but the best for you. Instead of calling me negative, be positive yourself and give persons the benefit of the doubt because we come from different backgrounds (meaning that we all take things differently) and this is the internet, things read differently than intended sometimes. This is why I avoid many of these types of blogs because of what just happened. I guess this is why the doctors tell you to stay away from them. Take care and you have a blessed day.

Well I would like to apologize for jumping the gun. I have had to defend myself so to say in the past. I usually am in a very positive mood. For some reason I just felt like you were pointing a finger at me instead of rejoicing with me which is what I expected so maybe that is why I snapped back. It must have just rubbed me the wrong way at that moment. What I said is true. This site is for us. For us to motivate one another and lean on one another for support. We are all here for the same reason. Again sorry for the attitude.

Lady or man youself, you have really taken this out of proportion, and I see that you have nothing better to do with your time than throw jabs and correct spellings. Lololololololol. Instead of you helping the situation, you're adding fuel to the fire, and guess what, I'm still a nurse! Ha

You chose to address me personally and to be be rude about it. Not sure how old you are but please grow up. If you don't like the comments remove yourself from this thread!

You chose to address me personally and to be be rude about it. Not sure how old you are but please grow up. If you don't like the comments remove yourself from this thread!

Whoa whoa....let's chalk it up to a misunderstanding in interpretation on all sides and let it go :)

Who has had some personal wins recently?! I must say I am on a high right now...I just crossed my mother f'n legs like a lady today! I havent done that in 10 years!! I was mid conversation...did it without even thinking and once I realized lost my train of thought because it was all I could think about!! Woot woooooot!

Whoa whoa....let's chalk it up to a misunderstanding in interpretation on all sides and let it go :)

Who has had some personal wins recently?! I must say I am on a high right now...I just crossed my mother f'n legs like a lady today! I havent done that in 10 years!! I was mid conversation...did it without even thinking and once I realized lost my train of thought because it was all I could think about!! Woot woooooot!

I did the same thing the other day. It just happened all on it's own while I was waiting on the park bench for my husband and children. I felt so much like a lady. I can't even tell you the last time I crossed my legs naturally without having to grab my ankle and put my leg there and pray about how long I could leave it like that. Lol. Whoot whoot right back at you sista!