Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never played a band instrument in high school, but after surgery I apparently learned how to play the trumpet. Who knew? :o

I just about peed myself reading that!!! Lmao!!

I had the RYN surgery last Thursday. I had nausea at first which was attributed to the hydromorphone they gave me in the pain pump. Now that the nausea and dry wretching is done, I have noticed a lot of gas, painful gas. Some say it is because of the CO2 they pumped me up with, but almost 5 days later, every sip I take I have a huge gas bubble that gets lodged and I have to painfully burp it out. I am even taking chewable gas pills to help with it. It doesn't smell yet (my husband and kids would let me know) but the pain I am experiencing the most of is from the gas moving around. Any suggestions on how to best rid myself of it besides walking.

Rub ur belly, not the incisions, right to left in a rainbow and it will help. Apply as much pressure doing it as u can tolerate..... It works the gas towards the bowels. Hope it helps!

This is all too funny for me. I was an endoscopy nurse and I used to tell people on a daily basis to fart so I could discharge them. Endoscopy farts are the best until now. Gastric bypass farts rule the roost now. Lol. I do however have a few tricks up my sleeve for getting rid of trapped gas. Curl up in a fetal position on your left side for 15 minutes then roll over to your right side and continue as needed. This helps displace gas.

The other position that would help as well is to get on your hands and knees and draw your knees up under you. Hope any of this helps.

Lmaoo we have 7 pages regarding gas....no one has more information on gas like us lol

I am constantly burping even if I have not eaten does this go away?

Had a bypass on Monday, gas has been my main problem so far, pain isn't to bad. But the gas is being weird, it starts off as though my stomach is grumbling, then moves to being gas, Gas X works ok but doesn't get rid of it completely. As for trying to lay on my side, that's a no go, it hurts to much. Any tips would be most grateful.

Edited by Sunlight61

My gas had gotten a lot better and I am six weeks out yesterday! I had to elevate myself when I got he because I felt like I couldn't catch my breath! I now flip and flop on both sides. It will get better!

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! You guys are doing amazing and have given a lot of us inspiration!

I eat special k

My poor husband.

I woke up last night about midnight to find him looking at me lovingly. I asked him what was going on and he said your gas is killing me. I honestly think there was green gas coming out of the sheets.

My poor husband. I woke up last night about midnight to find him looking at me lovingly. I asked him what was going on and he said your gas is killing me. I honestly think there was green gas coming out of the sheets.

Hahahahahahahahaha....

Do u know ii passed gas in one room and tried to get away from it and my kids started yelling saying omg ma it followed u sighs lol

For the first week I had to take a gas x thin strip every time I ate or drank. Now at just over 3 weeks I may take 2 or 3 a week. Some people say they don't work but I beg to differ. You cannot overdose so just knock yourself out.