Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Doctor Wants Me To Eat More!

Oh yeah... I'm Seela13

Seela I don't track on MFP..

I'm a rebel :P I use "calorie count"

Really you'd be bored to tears with my food logs.. I pretty much eat the same things EVERYDAY! I've always been like that even when fatter as long as it's food.

For instance I eat plain Greek yogurt, and frozen blueberries every (yes every) morning.

Once in awhile I get crazy and put a smack of ancient grains granola in it :P

Almost every dinner is chicken on a bed of lettuce and veggies with some bolt house dressing.

I boil a chicken every week or buy a roasted one at costco and eat of that.

Lol I'm not that great of an example because lord knows a lot of people at a year have dropped a lot more weight than me (those young skinny bitches) :D

Me too... I get just over 700 most days. I've gotten close to 800 a couple of tomes and I feel like I've over eatten. then again a few weeks ago the thought of getting in over 300 calories made my head spin.. lol one day at a time

A serving of almonds would add those extra calories. I buy raw almonds at trader joes..

My surgeon said no nuts until six months out. I miss nuts!

Seela I don't track on MFP..

I'm a rebel :P I use "calorie count"

Really you'd be bored to tears with my food logs.. I pretty much eat the same things EVERYDAY! I've always been like that even when fatter as long as it's food.

For instance I eat plain Greek yogurt, and frozen blueberries every (yes every) morning.

Once in awhile I get crazy and put a smack of ancient grains granola in it :P

Almost every dinner is chicken on a bed of lettuce and veggies with some bolt house dressing.

I boil a chicken every week or buy a roasted one at costco and eat of that.

Lol I'm not that great of an example because lord knows a lot of people at a year have dropped a lot more weight than me (those young skinny b*****s) :D

Thanks. .. nice to know I'm not the only one that tends to eat the same things. And I've seen your pic. You look just like those young skinny b*****s!

My surgeon said no nuts until six months out. I miss nuts!

Sucky!!

Are you eating Peanut Butter?

I eat PB2 yes and it's good.. But I also go to the store and fresh grind peanuts (no sugar no honey) into peanut butter.

I eat a bit of that for a treat.. Yes high calorie and fat... But good stuff if you spread the thinnest amount on a kims magic pop (like a rice cake)

Sucky!!

Are you eating Peanut Butter?

I eat PB2 yes and it's good.. But I also go to the store and fresh grind peanuts (no sugar no honey) into Peanut Butter.< /p>

I eat a bit of that for a treat.. Yes high calorie and fat... But good stuff if you spread the thinnest amount on a kims magic pop (like a rice cake)

Sounds yummy!!! I might just do that.

I tend to eat the same things too. Greek yogurt, babybel, chicken, Popsicles, and every once in a while a Protein shake (though mu doc wants me to wean off those) or a Protein Bar...

I am so happy to see this posting. I too am having a hard time reaching 800 calories daily. It is affecting my weight loss I am 5 weeks out and lost 6lbs in 5 weeks. Dietician said it would be easier with purees but I am just eating what I would puree but chewing it well. I start soft foods on Tuesday.

Todays meals: 1 Protein shake Breakfast, lunch 1/2-3/4 chicken breast with broccoli with cheese, snack 1.5 serving of turkey bites and dinner 4oz of baked talaia with broccoli w/cheese...90g Protein but only 666 calories.

I am getting the protein but what can I eat in a minimal amount but will have a lot of calories. I wish I could have nuts but not for a while. I think my problem is...I don't eat a snack in the morning because we have lunch at 11. Not sure where else to stick in food. I don't feel hungry and also to stop drinking Water for 1.5 hrs minimal to stick another snack in I think I won't get in my 8c of Water which I am getting now...barely...that's forcing down the last 1/2 c at bedtime.

You could alternate your breakfasts some days with something like Cream of Wheat. How about a bariatric hot chocolate instead of a full meal? You could also try a few tablespoons of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes or similar.

I also wouldn't be afraid of fat. Cream Soups have more calories and they also are satisfying. Once I realized that I really wasn't getting in too much fat, I started to occasionally add cream to my coffee or hot chocolate (not a lot, but it really helps the mouth feel.)

I'd also try things like guacamole. I ordered salmon last night at dinner and it came with guacamole and mashed potatoes. I have three more meals in my fridge.

Yes.. PB2 is awesome! ! Grat ideas.. thanks everyone!

I was told the same thing by my NUT at 5 mo po so I called my surgeon's office and asked them. They told me that at 600 to 800 calories I was doing just fine. Today I wish I could eat 1000 calories. I eat 1200 calories at 2 years po. I love my nuts and they are high calories. :)

I highly recommend WonderSlim. The mint hot cocoa is fabulous, and I love the shakes that can also be made as pudding. Super simple to make, just stir it up and let it sit. As a pre-op. person right now, the pudding is often more appealing than YET ANOTHER shake!

My nut told me after 4 weeks I should have only one Protein Shake per day, if needed.. They prefer eating dense Protein and regular food..and not to depend on shakes.. Only at the beginning. Also she indicated by week 4 I will be at my. 65 grams of protein per day. Weeks 1 through 4 , I will phase in the grams of protein. I am 5 feet 1". So that will be my protein gram requirement to. maintain health and still losing weight.

If you're simply trying to increase calories nuts and healthy oils like EVOO or coconut are pretty calorie dense.