Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Hi Patti, welcome.

yes I'm a day before you on the 19th, just had blood taken yesterday and a surprise ECG, which was fine

Hi,

Welcome Patti, come on in the water's fine! I think it would be unbelievable if you weren't nervous. I think we all were. Rightly so too, it is a big change.

However, my surgery was only on Tues and I have no pain at all and have succeeded with a chocolate Protein mix made into an ice cream today. That seemed to work for me. Yesterday night was not good, diarrhoea and felt really sick. I don;t know what that was really but I only managed half a Weetabix in the morning and that knocked me for six all day, couldn't drink anything else, just a few ice cubes.

So today I am trying to follow a bit more of all your regimes. I have had no Breakfast but have been managing to drink which is great. I haven't been told to have Protein Drinks but have had some chocolate flavoured one delivered today and have made it up into an ice cream consistency which I have had for lunch and that seemed to be ok. It slipped down and it tasted nice and gave me 19gms protein. Brilliant!

I feel better about that really. I have lost 14lbs since the op which seemed a bit too much and wasn't drinking enough or having enough fluids so I am now hoping that this works better for me.

All your ideas are excellent on here, I do hope all the surgeries planned in the next week go really well - dorisd, dellieflower, autumnbreeze, zoefruitcake, soontobestacy, sunandocean, misst86, pattit, mrsharkness, sallyrants and nataliem in Germany.

Take care

Claire

One more day! Can't wait for Tuesday (2/18/14) morning. I'm first in and ready. Got all my Vitamins, Protein and liquids ready. I've already lost around 20lbs on my Optifast liquid diet and I feel great. Can't imagine how I will feel with 100lbs less!

Zom, have you thought about putting the non flavored Protein into a Soup? Sounds like you have some other good idea with the icee's.

ReaRaes, does your surgeon know have a move planned? Anything they can do to put a STAT on it?

Welcome to Patti!

No Kim, he doesn'tbut they know my work schedule crunch. If my pain is like everyone elses we hopefully will be ok. I can pack boxes. Just can't move them. My husband will have to do that, and all of my students, 15 college guys that would help if I asked.

I meet with my new surgeon on Tuesday!! I am soooo looking forward to it! This month has been a roller coaster but....I am definitely feeling ready this time!

Hmj, do you have a new date then?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm sitting here going over the bowel prep and wondering how I'm going to survive going to work at the same time.

Claire, 14lbs in a week does seem like a lot but good for you! About the Weetabix, are you already on solids?

Hmj, do you have a new date then?

I will in Tuesday! I'm hoping since the recommendation of the anesthesiologist was to wait 3 weeks that maybe he can squeeze me in next week!! ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm sitting here going over the bowel prep and wondering how I'm going to survive going to work at the same time.

Claire, 14lbs in a week does seem like a lot but good for you! About the Weetabix, are you already on solids?

Patti have you ever had a colonoscopy? If not I can tell you that it is not likely that you will be able to work after you start your prep!!!

Hi All,

New to this site. This is the first thread that I read here and I must say that I am really impressed with how supportive and responsive everyone is here! I am schedule for RNY Feb 20 and am struggling my way through my pre-op liquid diet. Also starting to get a little anxious about the whole thing. I keep looking at my stomach and thinking that by the end of this coming week it will be completely different and it kinda weirds me out.

Love reading all of your tips. Anyone else going under on the 20th?

Hi the liquid diet does suck however after the first three days you should be good. I'm going in on the 19th. Good luck and many blessings. I'm also having the rny

Thanks Mrs Harkness, good luck to you too. Surgery will be over before we know it!

Welcome. I am on the 26th. I am getting anxious too. I had lost a lot of wt after my first husband was killed in 2003 so in 2005 I had a full Tummy Tuck and muscle repair with Lipo. The Bypass surgeon told me this would be a pc of cake compared to that, so I just keep reminding myself of that. BTW, the wt didnt come back there either!!

Patti have you ever had a colonoscopy? If not I can tell you that it is not likely that you will be able to work after you start your prep!!!

No never had one. I teach a class in the morning and the bathroom is right across the hall. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone to give my lecture for me, so taking the day off is not really an option. Think I might just start the prep the evening before instead. Hopefully, the worst of it won't last too long.

I have to start my prep at 2:00 so I can handle that, what time are you supposed to start??