Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Hello all. I am new to this forum. My operation is on 17 February and I am excited yet quite fearful as well. Any supportor tips are most welcome. In the meantime I am going to be reading a lot of the posts.

Hi Dorisd, I am having surgery on February 18th. Good luck on your journey.

What is everyone bringing to the hospital with them? I mean I'm obviously bringing my phone and a robe and slippers but that's all I can think to bring. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi blueyz80, I am taking personal wipes, lotion, a small pillow to hold on my stomach when walking, robe, slippers, underwear, Chapstick and my nook. I will wear the same clothes home that I wear to the hospital.

Thanks for the ideas Autumn! My nook will be my lifesaver!

I'm bringing my phone, charger, Lip gloss, robe, sweat pants, two long sleeve cotton shirts, flip flops (I'm not bending over to tie shoes), and panties. I'm also bringing my toothbrush, deodorant and body spray as well as my make up and brush.

I'm going to have to start writing all this down that way I'll have it when I need it. Thanks everyone!

An extension cord was helpful during my stay. With the limited outlets,tray and IV poles it was necessary for my iPad and iPhone.

Autumn breeze,

I must be the worst at this diet. Before the diet I could go most of the day and not eat. Now I wake up hungry. I even cheated, I scraped the frosting off a piece of my granddaughters birthday cake and ate it.(the cake) I felt awful after but it was so good. Ive done pretty good the last couple days, not really hungry at all so I think all in all I'm doing pretty good.

Hi,

Well I am planning ahead for what to take into hospital and what to have readily available afterwards...

I agree with everything said already and I am thinking...

Washing stuff including Shampoo, conditioner hairdryer, deodorant etc

Robe, nightgown (but there will be hospital gowns I am sure) and slippers as well as spare underwear

Wipes - hand, personal and toilet

Pillow to put between me and the seatbelt for the journey home which has been suggested strongly

Mouth spray to help with dry mouth - I am not sure what but I have been advised that

I am taking no added sugar fruit cordials to dilute with Water but I know that these are not readily available in the States. they are in the UK and they really help Water taste nicer.

Any meds including Vitamin supplements. I am also taking Sea Kelp to help with future hair loss

I have also been advised something to help with the trapped wind. We have Windeze here but the contents are Simeticone if that helps

Magnesium hydroxide to help with Constipation

Lip balm and moisturiser as well as make up and mirror

Something to read - a magazine to flick through if attention span not brilliant and book/Kindle/Nook

Something to listen to at night if I wake up and if things are noisy - iPod etc

Simple things to distract - So Dukos, crosswords, puzzle books, iPad games ( I have a jigsaw app which I find restful)

Something to keep up with bariatricpal - at the moment this is on my computer but perhaps should be on my iPad or phone

My gastric bypass big book and other info

Also trying to stock up on things I might be able to drink / eat(?) afterwards for home.

A bit much, do you think???….

Thinking this week of Erin, Kim, dreaming big, tkauki and nnegrete this week, you go for it and I hope all goes as well it possible can for you all.

We are next

Claire x

I weighed myself today and even with my cheating day I've lost 2 lbs per day. I wonder how much that cake bite hurt me...3 days to go. I guess I'd better get my things packed since I'll leave on Tuesday night...it's a 3.5 hour drive and a few inches of snow is predicted...

Ahhhh!!! I have a cold!!! I called the dr.s office they told me to push fluids and call tomorrow! No fever but....Urgh!!! Praying for a quick turn around !

Claire that is quite a list! But I don't think too much.

Are you all bringing pj's or a nightgown? I haven't seen anyone mention that, just robes. One thing I'm bring that hasn't been listed is a sports bra. I heard putting on regular bras is very hard, so a pullover one is good. I'm bringing body lotion as well, my intake nurse said the hibiclens (soap we have to wash with before the hospital) makes you super dry.

hmj, SO sorry about the cold! Get sleep and also take some extra vit c. When is your surgery again?

I can't believe it's happening tomorrow for me. I have a list a mile long of things to due today. Freaking out a bit.

Erin how are you doing? Ready for tomorrow?

tkauhi, hang in there on the pre-op, glad to see you are down despite the tiny cheat.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and getting ready, this is OUR month!

I'm bringing comfy sweats but you won't feel like changing out of that gown the first night. You'll have IVs and maybe a Foley catheter so getting changed would be an ordeal.

I am also bringing dry Shampoo. Washing hair with an IV and a big belly I can't get wet will be impossible. I bought Suave dry shampoo but I know Tresseme and hard candy also make them. I just like Suave's version the best.

dreamingbig, I hope you feel better!!! Rest rest rest.