Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

My husband says they should just induce me in a coma for 2 weeks. He isn't looking forward to this...lol. I'm giving it my best! Keep me lifted in your thoughts!

Well I don't have date set yet but January 14 I will have everything complete for submitting to insurance so hopefully by the end of January I will ahve a date. so nervous! Good luck to everyone who has it in January and look forward to seeing your follow up post.

woo hoo, mine is only 10 days and its on pureed food until 4 days til surgery then its only Protein Drinks. i am gonna start cutting back as of today on solids

I have a question...I have been waiting for a date (now jan 7) for 18 months. I have told close friends and family. Did you all tell ppl before your surgery? Like coworkers? Friends? Any input is helpful.

I told close friends and a few family members only as of right now.

How are y'all doing with the pre-op weight loss?

I have not been told about it now but as far as Im concerned its a 48hr liquid diet only

January 21, 2014 for me.

1/21/14 for me!

Hi I just got my date today its January 21st 2014 in Birmingham Alabama. Start my preop diet January 6th

congrats!!!

Newly posting, reading & enjoying for awhile. Cigna insurance approval received. Surgery date January 20th & the waiting is hard but exciting. Love this community so much. Surgery at NMH in Chicago with Dr. E. Hungness. Happy to know I'm not alone.

welcome and congrats

My date is 21 January, at Mi hospital in Tijuana. Dr. Lopez is doing the sleeve.

congrats!

finally after all that running around I got a date. Im scheduled for January 20th, 2014 with Dr Koshy at St Lukes Hospital. Thats in NY. I was expecting a sooner date but he will be on vacation on December. I am so glad to finally have my date. what about you guys? anyone else has a date for January? Share it!

Me too. 20th January and Very excited and nervous too

I'm in Auckland, New Zealand Nz and am self pay.

yayy! Im scheduled with Koshy too. He's a very nice doctor. Good luck hun!

Hey guys! I had my last phone consult with my surgeon last week. He is worried I will not lose the 5% before surgery... I meet jan 2 on the phone with my nut to see if I need to do a liquid diet to lose the weight ... I want to start it now so I can lose even more weight and be healthier for surgery!

Surgery date is set for 1/21/14 in Edmond ok

I gotta booked the airline tickets tickets yesterday. I am not going to let MYSELF fail. This surgery needs to happen!

HW- 290

CW- 276 (bounces between 278 and 273)

I need to be down to 267 on surgery but want to be less! My weight can seriously bounce that much in a couple days, even without me changing what I eat! I have 1-2 Protein Shakes a day already... How many should I be having on a full liquid diet ??

I have a question...I have been waiting for a date (now jan 7) for 18 months. I have told close friends and family. Did you all tell ppl before your surgery? Like coworkers? Friends? Any input is helpful.

I have a big family like the one in the movie "my big fat Greek wedding" so I'm probably never going to tell them about the surgery ...:):) only my husband, my oldest daughter and my oldest son knows :) and they're pretty good on keeping secrets :)

Laura, my version of the full liquid diet includes 3 Protein drinks per day plus 3 Snacks of yogurt or low fat milk plus 2 strained cream Soups per day. I am sure your nutritionist wiki have a similar plan, but it may vary slightly. This is only for days 8-10 of the pre op diet for me.

Hi All

My surgery is scheduled for 21st January at Lachen hospital in Switzerland where I live. It is being done on insurance.

My surgeon told me NOT to do a pre-op diet as food restriction before a major surgery was, in his opinion, the worst thing you can do. Unlike most of what I have read, I am expected to have 7 days in hospital - well, it will make me rest, I suppose..

I don't know what other differences Switzerland will have to the "normal" schedule - will just have to wait and see, I suppose.

<p><em>Hi All</em></p> <p> </p> <p><em>My surgery is scheduled for 21st January at Lachen hospital in Switzerland where I live. It is being done on insurance.</em></p> <p><em>My surgeon told me NOT to do a pre-op diet as food restriction before a major surgery was, in his opinion, the worst thing you can do. Unlike most of what I have read, I am expected to have 7 days in hospital - well, it will make me rest, I suppose..</em></p> <p> </p> <p><em>I don't know what other differences Switzerland will have to the "normal" schedule - will just have to wait and see, I suppose.</em></p>

Congrats and welcome!

Well I finished my final nut appt today and all of my pre-op appts are officially completed!! Now come on Cigna, let's get this show on the road!! Very excited! :)

Well I finished my final nut appt today and all of my pre-op appts are officially completed!! Now come on Cigna, let's get this show on the road!! Very excited! :)

I feel ya! I met the NUT today and wont see her again till pre op. I hate the waiting game! She has to submit her report to doc and ins. Then they approve or deny... I have been approved for some time now just the final yes or no! Then a date!! I can not wait!

I told my parents, my boss, my son and my bestie.

I am also trying to cut down on the food amounts and I'm going to the gym. Gotta get a plan down for post op. Yippeeee

My sleeve date is 1-15. Dr Foote of Grand Health Partners is my surgeon. Am nervous and concerned about being able to go back to work after 11 days. Am a professor and need to be ion control and in front of students. Is that too soon?