Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers This Is Our Month Are Yall Ready!?

Welp, made it through the surgery on Thursday. Friday was a blah day. Started drinking Water, but that was about all I wanted to have. They tried some Jello and broth, but it wasn't agreeing with me. Today, much better! I feel pretty good and my incisions don't hurt as much.

Hi Josh. Same here. Surgery Thursday. Came home today. Had a little broth but mostly Decaf tea ANC Powerade zero. Pain isn't bad. Most of mine was from the drain. A little gas. - walked it off.

I didn't have a drain, and I didn't have any gas. I burped a lot though.

Tomorrow is my day!!

Good luck!

Tomorrow is the day. 7am

Tomorrow is the day. 7am

Tomorrow is the day. 7am

Sending you good thoughts.

Tomorrow is the day for me as well. Check in time is 5:30 am, operation at 9 am. I'm soon ready !!!!

Sending you all good wishes. Good luck tomorrow! Come join us on the loser's bench.

Tomorrow is my day too. Good luck everyone.

For those who are being sleeved today, be not afraid or have any doubts for on this day you are not alone and the journey ahead will take us through many experiences that will lead us to a healthier and longer future.

Headed in. See you on the other side!!

Just wanted to check in and wish all my fellow December sleevers a very Happy New Year. Had my 3 week post op visits with my nutritionist and nurse today. They went well, and I have clearance to eat anything I want as long as it's healthy, eat a small portion, and chew chew chew. Protein first, veggies next, fruit, then whole grains. They said I was right on target. I start their 8 week post op program next Wednesday, and I start my 3 month exercise program on Monday. (They encourage us to do it longer than 3 months, but 3 months is included in the bariatric surgery package.) Saw my endocrinologist yesterday, and my A1C is lower than it's been since 2009. I am so thrilled I had the sleeve. I hope you all are doing well, and are meeting the New Year with better health and happiness!

No caffeine, alcohol, carbonated beverages. No Decaf for 6 months. That makes me sad, but the weight loss progress is worth it.

Edited by Idlewood4

Hi all!!!! It happened. Thrilled with my decision to do this. No unbearable pain. A lot of gas. Wish I could sleep better. Morphine not really doing the trick. How is everyone else?