Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Got Stuck For Thanksgiving?

C'mon, tell the truth.... :D

I got hung up on a piece of chicken myself. First time in a while.

I ate a little of everything but very little turkey as it was too dry. We ate at 230 p. Didn't get stuck except later when I had my dessert we were visiting, talking, kids playing, etc and completely forgot I was eating and took two big bites and got stuck, so slowed down and got back into rhythym and all was well. But early am took meds and they wouldn't go down right and had sliming for about an hour like dry heaves. Didn't understand it was like I was having spasms but finally settledown and relaxed slept for 30 min then got up and was able to finish dishes for turkey dinner. I take 8 pills at Breakfast time and 22 altogether throughout the day. It seems it's getting harder and harder to get them down and to stay down. Does anyone else have that problem? Good news lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks on vacation. I did good..but couldn't eat a whole lot except fish...Mahi Mahi and a few bites of other things...Kauai was beautiful. Hope eveyone else had a great Thanksgiving.

I ate more yesterday than I have in the last 8 months. Even still, no stuck episodes. I've never been stuck, which I guess is a good thing. Given that I have plication, I'm surprised at how much I was able to eat. Not so much the actual dinner, but all the before stuff…..appetizers and wine. I did okay on the dessert, too. Oh……lets not forget the bowl of mixed nuts that ended up on my lap. Ugh…. I knew before we even got there that I was going to overeat. I just felt it coming, and didn't have the "strength of mind" to avoid it. But the GOOD news is, today is a brand new day :D

Sometimes I wonder if I need another fill. I've been going through something over the past three weeks, where I'm not hearing/feeling the signals quite the way I did in the beginning. So I'm wondering…..is this a restriction issue, or a brain issue? I'm comfortable with where my weight is, and I fear that I'm getting a little TOO comfortable. Based on a long history of you know what (roller coaster ride on the scale), I'm a bit concerned. I will make an appointment to see my doctor in December.

i didn't get stuck either. i was scared that i would so i ate very little. and i loved my dressing and gravy. don't like my blood sugar so much tonight.

I'm so with you on the blood sugar issue. I was up for most of the night from sugar cursing through my veins. And I'm sure today will be a blood sugar roller coaster.

No stuck problems here, thankfully!!! But everything ... and I mean EVERYTHING, tasted so good this year. Somehow I found the willpower to stay away from the bad stuff. Thankful for my band and new attitude on eating!

Had dinner at mom's and later at dad's and stuck both times. However, having a veryyyyy stressful day I think led to band being tight and mother over cooked the ham, so it was too dry... Anyway, playing games later in the evening made up for it! And, the glass of Merlot went down just fine!

Ok I'm busted. Got stuck on some marshmallowed yams and then some prime rib. But it was so worth it.

This afternoon will be the third and last day of family feasting. I ate very little yesterday so I might hit some of those sausage balls today. I will be looking for a gun show this AM while the rest of the family goes to the flea market to get a good deal on some fleas.

This afternoon will be the third and last day of family feasting. I ate very little yesterday so I might hit some of those sausage balls today. I will be looking for a gun show this AM while the rest of the family goes to the flea market to get a good deal on some fleas.

LOL!!!

I got stuck on my second or third bite and thought OMG I am done. After 3 trips to the bathroom I decided to try something I had heard and went and got a diet pepsi I took a couple big swallows and up it came. Oh yeah thankfully I had went out to the car as we were at a restaurant. Stuck episode over enjoyed the rest of my meal. I had smoked a turkey while we were gone so had turkey leftovers without all the other yummy things I don't need but would have eaten if they were in the fridge.

I didn't get stuck at all and wished I would have. It was all so good my band almost seemed nonexistent during feasting time. Definitely ready to detox all the carbs again and get back to my band healthy menu again. Good thing Thanksgiving is my only time every year that I know my head may win the battle over my band. Ready to get back on track.

I didn't get stuck at all and wished I would have. It was all so good my band almost seemed nonexistent during feasting time. Definitely ready to detox all the carbs again and get back to my band healthy menu again. Good thing Thanksgiving is my only time every year that I know my head may win the battle over my band. Ready to get back on track.

Ditto….. I was wondering if all the plication stitches came out…..couldn't quite figure out how I was able to eat as much as I did. Still, much less than pre-surgery, but waaaay too much of the wrong things :-)

Sorry but I didn't get stuck either. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean you change your routine. It should make you want to be extra careful with your body. Just my two cents.

Ditto….. I was wondering if all the plication stitches came out…..couldn't quite figure out how I was able to eat as much as I did. Still, much less than pre-surgery, but waaaay too much of the wrong things :-)

I think we experienced the same thing. I kept waiting on the misery but it never came. I knew I had over done it but I did eat mainly sliders first so I'm attributing the extra room to that. No where close to normal non banded habits but still more than you would think would fit. I began to wonder if the band slipped but reassured myself that's not easily done. So, think I'm all good just ready to start again.

Didn't get stuck! Haven't actually gotten stuck yet (had surgery oct 29th). I keep waiting for it to happen, as I know it will! I ate a little of everything and stopped when I felt full. One plate vs two or three is fine by me!

I didn't get stuck on Thanksgiving, but Friday and Saturday were horrible. Everything I tried to eat got stuck. Today I'm sticking to liquids and mushies to try to settle things down.