Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Charlieblue, I plan on being able to change my name soon. Lol

I'm so happy you're doing great and looking forward to following in your footsteps!!!

April

I'd totally lie if they are dicks. I'd say "I'm sick and this has anti nausea medicine in it. The alternative is throwing up. I didn't want to make your customers think the food made me sick". Just sayin

That's if I'm not cranky...... Bahahahaha. But really, I'll be honest about why I can't eat. If they can't appreciate that with a huge party ordering dinners, then F them!

That's if I'm not cranky...... Bahahahaha. But really, I'll be honest about why I can't eat. If they can't appreciate that with a huge party ordering dinners, then F them!

Hahaha! I'd mainly wanna see their faces when they thought I was gonna barf in their restaurant Bc I'm a total meanie

Hahaha! I'd mainly wanna see their faces when they thought I was gonna barf in their restaurant Bc I'm a total meanie

Good call. Now i almost hope they're dicks. Bahahahaha

On your way out, tell the dicky/bitchy wait staff they're being filmed for that TV show, "What Would You Do?" and that they'll be featured on an upcoming episode to expose how poorly some places treat their customers. Ha ha!

More general advice -- be sure to stay ahead of your pain by keeping up with meds. post-op. Otherwise it feels achy each time you sip of anything and it makes it tough to get those ounces into the new tum-tum! You can feel it goin' down -- not in a good way. I was 'trying' to be good by going to bed at 11:30 vs. trying to stay awake to watch more of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. I took my last pain pill at 7:45 pm so i could take it again at 11:45 pm (every 4-6 hrs as needed). Stubborn me wanted to wait the full six hours until 1:45 am (or later). Well I just woke up now (it's 4:15 am) and... Ooooo it doesn't feel very good swallowing the four pieces of my "split in half" broken pill. ???? moral of the story: post-surgery is NO time to act 'noble' and stuff! Just TAKE IT! You'll sleep and get back to sleep MUCH better. xoxo????

Hi everyone, I just got my date not to long ago. February 19th Yay!!!

Welcome SweetSophia- you will find this a great ace for support and advice. Congrats on your date!

"Great place"

Getting close! Have you started your pre-op diet? Are you feeling okay? The 19th will be here before you know it!

No!!! Charge it!!! Lol

Are you getting lots and lots of Protein and very little carbs? I found the more Protein I get the less hunger I have. I'm getting at least 100g protein a day. I checked and I'm in ketosis so I'm burning fat too, which is why my scale keeps going down each day.

How do you know when you're in ketosis?

How do you know when you're in ketosis?

There are urine test strips you can buy at the pharmacy. They will tell you. Just go to your pharmacy and ask for ketone strips. I'm type 1 diabetic so I use them to make sure my high sugars aren't causing a bad reaction in my body which causes fat to break down. But many diets cause ketones (which apparently aren't bad if you're not type 1 diabetic) so people use them to see if they're burning fat.

There are urine test strips you can buy at the pharmacy. They will tell you. Just go to your pharmacy and ask for ketone strips. I'm type 1 diabetic so I use them to make sure my high sugars aren't causing a bad reaction in my body which causes fat to break down. But many diets cause ketones (which apparently aren't bad if you're not type 1 diabetic) so people use them to see if they're burning fat.

Exactly :)