Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not had issues with throwing up, able to tolerate most foods and really deal with upset stomach issues. While I can feel the restriction and can't eat as much, I've been able to tolerate a variety if foods (haven't tried red meat and don't intend to) and haven't been sick throughout the process. Anyone experience this as well? Please share. Thanks!

Anyone not had issues with throwing up, able to tolerate most foods and really deal with upset stomach issues. While I can feel the restriction and can't eat as much, I've been able to tolerate a variety if foods (haven't tried red meat and don't intend to) and haven't been sick throughout the process. Anyone experience this as well? Please share. Thanks!

I have not had many issues. I have vomited twice, when I ate too fast, and didn't chew well. Learning my sleeve has been a journey, but not a miserable one. I have of course eaten more than I should a few times and paid for it (indigestion and pain that lasted a few hours). I have since learned when to stop, break and see where I am in 10 or so minutes. Keep up the good work and be thankful that you are not suffering from issues many others have :)

No pain, no vomiting, no dumping, have eaten every type of food. Sleevers don't normally have trouble with red meat, so you shouldn't need to avoid. Have restriction but can eat whole banana (wish I couldn't)... Less of v Protein dense foods. Drink alcohol occasionally. I avoid fizzy things but know sleevers who don't. Basically I eat very normally but small portions, and choose to avoid carbs 99% of the time.

Thanks for the responses. In a weird way, I almost hoped I would have some of the issues people are experiencing so I would be tempted to eat bad foods/overdo it. Thankfully my fear of throwing up as helped me slow down and chew slower. It's scary how fast I used to eat it. I feel fortunate that I might be able to eat most things (haven't had junk food postop and will continue to avoid) but I hope I don't abuse the privilege and become too lax

I also have been very fortunate in that I can pretty much eat any type of food; however, this is where choice comes in. I choose not to eat most carbs (mostly just those in veggies or fruit) and I also try to stay away from refined sugar since it makes me exhausted (but that was true before my sleeve, so no change there). I have had steak several times since my surgery with no ill effects, but I prefer sticking to fish, chicken, and turkey. I haven't vomited at all during the process, which is probably because my aversion to it is so strong that I have become Suzy Sloweater (which is just fine by me). The biggest problems I've had are getting in enough Protein and Water.< /p>

I haven't had any issues. I only threw up once because I ate too much and ate too fast. I eat everything that I ate pre-sleeve and I have tolerated everything well. I just eat way less than before!

I have not thrown up, slimed, dumped or had any adverse effects since being sleeved. I have not found a food that I can't eat. My hubby and I have a really nice filet and good bottle of wine about twice a month. Red meat is not an issue for me.

I eat like a thin person now. My choices are fantastic 90% of the time. I was sleeved in March and decided I would avoid refined sugars and processed carbs till the end of the year to help me get the most out of my sleeve. I have had a bite from time to time of a fantastic dessert while dining out and had no ill effects so I am fairly certain that I have a sleeve of steel.

Surgery and recovery were markedly easy. I really have not had major issues with hunger. That said, I am not sure I know what is real hunger from many, many years of yoyo dieting and sometimes just not eating so maybe I am and my body is that screwed up. Head hunger?? Now that I am an expert in! lol! working hard on that but that is not a sleeve issue.

All in all, I would say for me, the biggest issue throughout this journey has been Constipation. It did have my crying like a baby a few times and I learned the hard way that is nothing to take lightly.

This has been far and away the best thing I have ever done for myself and my health. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I know that most people do have some sort of issues and I am so grateful that I have been on of the very lucky ones!

Don't hate me! :D

I'm 4 mths post op and eat EVERYTHING but ice cream. I'm a slow learner. Took me 4x trying ice cream and having cramping to actually decide maybe I shouldn't eat it. Last month, after sitting on the toilet for 2 hrs with my stomach cramping, I was begging God to get me thru this and I'd never eat ice cream again.

But I've tried everything else (red meat, fish, chicken, veggies, fruit, bread, Pasta, potatoes, rice, etc) without incident.

Thank God I can only eat a few bites of any given meal...

I'm 4 mths post op and eat EVERYTHING but ice cream. I'm a slow learner. Took me 4x trying ice cream and having cramping to actually decide maybe I shouldn't eat it. Last month, after sitting on the toilet for 2 hrs with my stomach cramping, I was begging God to get me thru this and I'd never eat ice cream again.

But I've tried everything else (red meat, fish, chicken, veggies, fruit, bread, Pasta, potatoes, rice, etc) without incident.

Thank God I can only eat a few bites of any given meal...

I have had no issues except 2 cases of foamies where I ate too fast/too much. I have tolerated all the foods I have tried just fine, but I am not yet six months out and am still on soft foods per my doctor's plan. So I haven't tried tough meats (has to be something I can cut with a fork), any kind of grain, any kind of starchy veggie, nuts, raw vegetables, or anything with refined sugar. I don't anticipate any problems though, it's all been smooth sailing so far.

i too have not had any issues with food. I feel the same way as another person that said they almost wish they would have an issue. I get scared that i don't have any problems and this may lead me back down the bad path lol. i just mainly stick to the chicken and turkey. i've been cleared for lean red meat but have found that i don't have a taste for it anymore and don't find it good like i used to. As far as salads and such, i LOVE them and am happy they still love me lol

I'm right there with you! Not even a minute of nausea. I have had a perfect recovery (5weeks). Although I'm so grateful to not have had complications I do wish something would make me sick so I won't be tempted to eat eat it!

I'm 5 weeks out and haven't had any issues either. No nausea, no vomiting, no aversions to any foods, no slime, no dumping, nothing. I got in my Protein from day 2 and Water as well. I drink normally.

I chew pretty well, but don't necessarily eat real slow, about 10 minutes to finish 2-3 oz of food. Never had an issue with eating too fast.

I do stick to Protein with a few veggies here and there, but not every day. I haven't eaten sugar, bread or other refined carbs, so I don't know about them. I have had spicy things and they're fine too.

My only issue is that in 5 weeks I've only lost 16 lbs. SW was 229, but I had lost 61lbs in the 6 months prior to surgery with may, or may not have contributed to the slowness . I'm still holding out hope it picks up a bit, but all I can do it follow the plan and hope my body holds up it's part if the deal :)

No issues, thank God. 1month out. Very happy with progress.