Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op day 4.... On Clear Liquids and 4 oz ensure hourly. I totally just had an "accident" not sure what I have gotten myself in to! No one mentioned that! At this point I'm wondering if I've made a mistake! Still worried about complications.... Sigh : (

There is a saying that goes around here for the beginning days, it's "never trust a fart" It apparently happens to a lot of people... It's not something, I think, that last long term though. Hang in there, you just had major surgery and it takes time to recover :)

That is terrible! What is so odd is it appears to be a "wet" or "so hard it rips your bum apart" situation. I have read horror stories on both sides. I have yet to read that folks came home and were regular with nice, firm regular BMS. The good news is that it does appear to get back to normal once we get to eat more Fiber again.

Good luck and take Laura's advice!

It gets better, really. Truly nasty in the beginning. The first month is awful. Good luck and chin up!

I started a probiotic at 1 month so helped out the irregular BM. Now at 3 months not so bad but I still take one with my meds in the morning.

Thank u everyone!

Thank u everyone!

I am unbesleevalbe, and it happened to me!

Your GI track is going through some BIG changes. It WILL get better, but don't trust them farts...

I have experienced both ends of the spectrum since surgery. Crazy. Hadn't been constipated once since the birth of my second, 11+ years ago. Also had a minor accident brought on by the crazy intense act of walking up the stairs. Seemingly out of nowhere.

Luckily I work at home, but I think I will throw a change of clothes in the car just in case for when I'm out of the house.

I have experienced both ends of the spectrum since surgery. Crazy. Hadn't been constipated once since the birth of my second, 11+ years ago. Also had a minor accident brought on by the crazy intense act of walking up the stairs. Seemingly out of nowhere. Luckily I work at home, but I think I will throw a change of clothes in the car just in case for when I'm out of the house.

An elderly lady I know says that "ladies do not fart they fluff"...everytime I see your name it's all I can think about :-P

And definitely do NOT trust a fart - at least not at first.

Yesterday I was contemplating sending a gerbil in with a small pick ax. Today is the opposite...

**heavy sigh** this is a crazy process!

Eye on the prize, eye on the prize, eye on the prize, must keep repeating!

Yesterday I was contemplating sending a gerbil in with a small pick ax. Today is the opposite... **heavy sigh** this is a crazy process! Eye on the prize, eye on the prize, eye on the prize, must keep repeating!

PAAAHAHAH OMG my mental image!!!! You're cracking me up!!!

Look I've been having those since I became dairy sensitive. I haven't had the surgery yet! :rolleyes: