Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

I'm gonna try to jump start my weight loss. I know I have at least 5 months to go, but there is no reason for me to be sitting back and packing on the pounds just because I know I'm gonna have WLS.

I have PCOS so the only way I have ever lost weight is to low carb (problem is it came back as soon as I added in a few carbs) This time I wont be able to add in carbs, I will be getting the band.

The dietician said she wants me to start eating like a banded person now as well. She suggested I use a toddler spoon and fork set, and gave me a food diery to keep. She wants me to get at least 63g of Protein and limit my calories to 1600.

That is some major protein!!:omg: How are you girls doing that?? I know that shakes have a huge amount, but I am having a hard time picturing how you can eat anything except protein and drink shakes. PLEASE SHARE YOUR SECRETS.

So anywho, just thought I would get a start at moving my ticker over alittle.

Debbie, I'm so glad to see your ticker:bounce:, and its very pretty too. If you find anything out about Omnipaque PLEASE let us know.

Hope you all have a blessed Tuesday! :wave:

that is an excellent suggestion about the toddler spoon and fork. i have always eaten really fast and literally shovel the stuff in. i am struggling with that and the toddler spoon may help.

about the protein---i probably dont get the recommended daily 70 grams. i got sick of those retched Protein Drinks after the first 2 weeks. I just can not drink them. The nectar brand was the most palatable i tried but it sucked too. People love the Unjury chicken broth but it is out of stock frequently.

so I try to eat a lot of meat. Most meats have 7 grams of Protein per ounce. a 6 oz of tuna has 40 grams so if you eat that you are halfway there!!!

I also eat a Protein Bar everyday. most of those have 14-20 grams.

i hate eggs, so those are out, but i love to eat salmon for Breakfast.< /p>

once you keep an eye out, you will see all kinds of stuff in the grocery store that has added protein. Special K Cereal. Slimfast makes a protein version.

i add a spoonful of powder to my sugar free pudding and yogurt, too.

Well today I went for my 1st. fill so I'm in the X-ray room standing up as Dr. Choban and Michele was in the process of filling my band and I say " I feel WUZZY:wacko:" my arms was above my head next thing, I lower my arms to the X-ray machine and the next thing I know I am on the floor :faint:and Dr. Choban, Michele and X-ray girl are on the floor with me asking if I'm ok :) I say sure I'm okay, I guess between the meds. and the fact of knowing that the were sticking and poking a needle in me got the best of me. Anyhow we finish the fill on the X-ray table with me kinda in the standing position. I got 1 1/2 cc fill and now I'm on full liquids for the next 24 hours. After every thing was done, and they made sure I was doing Fine, Dr. Choban tell's me she will see me in her office in 6 weeks for my next fill. Michele then adds yes and next time you will be laying down:bounce:, as we all laugh at my experience.

As for the omnipaque fill this thread is the first time I heard of this but as I looked on other threads here I'm understanding it as a thicker fill that stays in the band, that Dr. use when some bands are some how losing thier saline time and time again.

Okay now that I shared my 1st. Fill I need a nap :notagree I guess that is from the fall:heh:

Congrats on your first fill...and your first fall! :faint: (Just kidding) :eek: Now comes the big Question.... Did it hurt? I thought they decided on fills depending on how well you were losing, but if they are scheduling you 6 weeks ahead that must not be the case. Do you fell more restricted yet?

Have a nice nap!!!:notagree

TM good luck on your jump start! I would like to say I will join you but I just don't think I can do it!:paranoid Maybe after I get a surgery date I will be motivated.

Sue.....6 days till 1st class:clap2:

Ang.....2 classes down...5 more to :whoo:

Sue........6 days till 1st class:whoo:

Angie.....2 classes down, 5 to go:clap2:

Debbie, thanks for the info on what you eat. I guess it just seems like so much when you can only eat about 1 cup (or less) of food at a time. I hate fish. I truely wish I could force myself to eat it, but I get sick just smelling it. :mad:

Oh Lady Q T, how terrible for you :eek:. I feel so bad for you. I'm glad your ok and at least you can laugh about it. Did it hurt? I've had a ton of blood draws in my day. I can deal with that with no problem, but your getting stuck in a very tender area for a fill :fear:.

Well my 1st day back to low carbing has gone ok. I was so busy at work and then I went shopping so I didn't have much time to think about anything today. I know from past experience that the cravings for sweet things goes away after the first week :pray:.

Well I hope you all have a blessed day tomorrow.

Well the only pain you do feel is from the needle they use for pain/numbness meds and after you get pass that small pain your good to go unless your weak like me and pass out:heh: (did not hurt myself). Yes you go every six weeks for a check up and to decide how much of a fill you need. The nap did me Good. As for feeling restricted, yes I can tell I just ate a very small portion of Mash potatoes and I could truely tell I hope I keep this feeling!!!!! Although I am suppose to be going to Cincinnatti next week-end to hang out with my cousin and his wife and he is a big going out to dinner and he has said next time I come we are going to this nice Seafood place and I will not be able to enjoy like I would like to... you know before being banded. So I guess I will have left over galore.... P.S the only one who knows about me having the Lap Band other then my D.H is one of my sisters. My youngest son (16) just thought I was having female trouble when I was laying around the house after surgery that was the don't ask Mom because I don't want to hear about Cramps and things:cool:, all he asked was are you ok, and can I get you any thing, and my oldest son (21) has his own place and when he was over I was fine.

I can't wait till you and TM are banded !!! You guys will be so happy with your discussion, I have no regrets!!!!!!!!! Talk to every one later.

Hey Debbie, did you feel wuzzy at all during your first fill?

Hey Thinner Me as you can see I didn't mention any thing on how to get your protien intake.............That is because I am doing VERY HORIBLE in that department I need to order some of that Unjury to start getting any where near what we are suppose to have:(. My DH is fussing at me on that subject. I believe that is why my skin is so dry my hands, and feet are peeling so I better get that under control SOON!

i got a band adjustment today. piece of cake. i am not sure how much they put in. not much, i dont think. they did it in xray using flouroscopy. the shot to numb the area hurt but after that i didnt feel a thing. they do it while you are standing up. i just wonder if anyone has ever fainted. a lot of people are very squeamish about needles and shots and i can easily see someone fainting. i just kept my eyes closes and didnt look.

today i weighed 267 which means 33.5 pounds.

for the first time my boyfriend of 10 years expressed thoughts that i might want to trade him in when i get hot!!! he is NOT the jealous type at all. I reassured him that if he stuck with me when i was HUGE that i would never trade him in. he is so sweet. and he hardly ever complained about my weight but i hated that he is 10 years older than me, but yet i was the one turning into an old lady.

Oh, my Lady QT it sounds like you had quite an adventure at your first fill!!!

I had to quote myself from back when i had my first one. And you can see where i wrote that i could "easily see someone fainting"!!!!

It is the position they put you in plus the fact that you know there is a needle going in your stomach.

I am sure you arent the first one to faint.

Heres the thing I am not very squeamish about needles and shots, I could care less about either one of them I donate blood I just don't know what caused me to Faint, maybe it was the medicine, I couldn't tell you all I know is good thing I came to because you know how small Dr. Choban is and the other two would had trouble picking me up:o. Hey at least I gave them warning that I was wuzzy, Michele later said when some one tells us that we normally have 5 minutes to react, so I assume that they were attempting to react to me when I first told them I don't remember much after telling them as I said next thing I know I was coming to on the floor (that still makes me laugh). Oh well I bet they make sure I'm on my back from now on:biggrin1:. Now had I been a really big person, I could have easily unjured myself. They may want to start using the X-Ray machine to stand others up, they can tilt the table and use a foot rest to do this.

Lady, I so can't wait to be banded. Sue and I will be the babies of our little group.

It's almost very "unreal" right now. I know its gonna happen, but in the back of my head wls is something that other people do. I can only dream about it, and it will never happen for me. Kind of like when I saw my grandson being born, very "unreal".

I know what you mean TM...it seems like something I talk about but will never get to do....like hit the lottery!!