Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

hi, dorothy--welcome. that is a neat story about your neighbor. if you had to guess, how much would you say she has lost in the past year?

before my surgery i could barely walk.

i belong to lifetime up at easton and do Water walking and aerobics on my own there.

i also bought a recumbant bike. my knee doctor recommended bike riding. i regular bike would hurt your back but a recumbant has a nice comfy seat. i love going out on my bike, although it has been so hot lately i havent gotten out much

there are so many little things i can do that i just could not do before--like take a bath instead of a shower. i couldnt get in or out before.

last night i got on the floor to rearrange all those wires under my computer desk.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I would guess that she has lost about 80 pounds. I'm going to ask her the next time I see her. She was on asthma and diabetes meds pre-surgery and now takes nothing. That is what I'm hoping for also,or to at least reduce some of them.

there are so many little things i can do that i just could not do before--like take a bath instead of a shower. i couldnt get in or out before.

last night i got on the floor to rearrange all those wires under my computer desk.

This is what I hope for also, or at least to stop my face from turning bright red and looking like it is ready to explode when I bend over. LOL!!

I know better things are coming my way. I will be calling Dr. Choban's office on Monday to see if they will accept payments on the $300.00 administrative fee. That is a little much for me right now. I was shocked when I found out about this fee and the nutritionist fee of $200.00 not being covered by insurance. But I'm thankful that my insurance (Cigna) does not exclude WLS and the fills are covered.

Have a great day!

Debbie,

Thanks for the info on the bike also. Is the recumbant bike the type that you are actually sort of reclining back on and it sits low to the ground?

I have also had a few people mention to me about the YWCA possibly having Water aerobics. I am going to check that out. I live west of Columbus in West Jefferson. It is between London and Columbus. Not much in my area that I'm aware of.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Thank you Lady for the reassurance. This is a BIG decision to make.:nervous

Today I was on my front porch and the sister of my best friend came walking by and she has been banded for about a year now. Boy,did she look great!!! She was walking at a fast pace and looked so happy and healthy. I want that to be me. :biggrin1: Just looking at her and knowing that she has accomplished great success with being banded gave me some added inspiration.

I have trouble walking right now. I have multiple deteriorating disks in my back along with heel spurs. What types of exercises do you ladies do? I seem to be in a catch 22 here with being able to exercise. There are no places convienent (sp?) for me to take Water aerobics in my area. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Everyone have a great evening,

First lets talk about them heel spurs of yours:eek: Them things are a killer!!! what are you doing about it, when I had them this year I went to Dr. Lee Pearlman with Step Lively and he took really good care of me. I went in March 07 He first taped my feet in the right position that they should be and had me wear these night splint, and then he order me some inserts, and as of today I am pain free:whoo:!!!!!!!! He does not believe's that surgery should be the very last resort and I thank God for him I was in sooooo much pain I could hardly walk for any period of time without being in tears:think.

Now I try to walk at least three times a week, Now Debbie is riding her bike, walking, she is my role model here, I need to be more like her.

hi, dorothy--welcome. that is a neat story about your neighbor. if you had to guess, how much would you say she has lost in the past year?

before my surgery i could barely walk.

i belong to lifetime up at easton and do Water walking and aerobics on my own there.

i also bought a recumbant bike. my knee doctor recommended bike riding. i regular bike would hurt your back but a recumbant has a nice comfy seat. i love going out on my bike, although it has been so hot lately i havent gotten out much

Debbie, you almost made me cry! I feel like being over weight has stopped me from doing so many things. I want to be able to get down in the floor and play with my grandbabies, and I just don't have the energy. I want to put out flowers in front of our house, but there is no way my knees will allow that. I want to be able to get on my knees to clean my house, but lets just say that the corners are alittle dusty.

My DH is very active and loves to ride bikes and swim, but I refuse to even think about getting on a bike right now, and we are going to get an in ground pool next spring because I refuse to even consider going to a public pool. That has really limited the things we do together and it bothers me so much. I now have hope for a much brighter future. (we're still getting the pool though ;))

Dorothy,

The YWCA is a great place to join. When I was a kid my mom was a member and we would swim there every weekend in the winter.

I know your pain with the spurs:eek:. OMG do they hurt. I notice mine tends to hurt more when I ware flip flops (my fave shoes!).

Lady Q T,

Girl thanks for the prayers!! I knew someone was calling my name out cause only God could stop me from eating that food yesterday. TOM just about gets me every month. I will keep praying for you if you will for me. :eek:

Sue,

your count down is almost over!!!! :clap:

Sue.......1 day till 1st class (somebody say:amen:)

Angie....2 classes down, 5 to go:whoo:

Hope everyone has a blessed Monday!

hi, everyone. hope everyone had a nice weekend--even with the rain.

Angie--your story was so touching. you are so young and have so much life ahead of you. and once you get the band, the quality of that life will be so much improved and lengthened. it sounds like you have a great life now--a DH, grandkids to play with and a pool in your future!!! but like the rest of us, you have that one big problem--being overweight.

once you get control of that you will be so happy.

at least i know i am. right now i am happier than i have been in 10 years. i am losing weight and i am not in a constant battle with my apetite. i used to think about food constantly. now i feel liberated

Lady QT--i never thought i would be anyone's good example. i used to always think of myself as a WARNING to all those skinny girls who think they will never get fat or old!!

Sue---good luck with that class. let us know how it went.

DorothyB--not all recumbants are close to the ground. my favorite is the SunEZ trike. the seat is so comfy and since it is a tricycle there is no balancing problems. i hadnt ridden in 30 years and i got right on and rode it. but i opted to buy a two wheeler, it is the Giant Revive DX. It has a nice back support and a comfortable seat. you can google them and take a look. Biking is the first exercise i have ever enjoyed.

Hi Lady,

The heel spurs are so painful. I have been bothered with them for years. I finally found a podiatrist, Dr. Roseanne Morrison. She gave me several cortisone injections and fitted me with orthotics, said to wear sneakers only. They seemed to improve only for a few days after the injections and right back. I then had a change in insurance and went to Dr. Eric Massa. He did an MRI, found arthritis, etc. He put me in night splints and a few weeks of physical therapy and they improved. Still today if I walk too much they flare up. I also have some neuropathy which causes me pain when walking also.

I do have a question for any of you ladies. If you work outside the home how long did Dr. Choban take you off work. I read on another post somewhere that she will only give about 2 weeks and said that is too much. I am rather concerned about this as I do not know how I will handle going back to work on possibly the mushy stage and having to deal with that until I go on solids. The company I work for allows 2 10 minute breaks and 1/2 hour lunch. Am I worrying about things too soon??? I had gallbladder surgery in February and was off for four weeks. That surgery knocked me on my A$$. I couldn't even attempt to go back to work within 2 weeks.

Thanks for talking to me, this is a great place

Have a good evening

Hi Deb, I had a great weekend.We had a family cookout Sunday and when it started to rain we decided not to let it spoil our fun, so we played horse shoes in the pouring rain while the younger ones played football.:smokin:It was our most fun cookout ever! That rain sure felt good!

TM your count down got me through it,Thanks! the first meeting with the nutritionist is in the bag and she said that Charlene will now submit paper work to BCBS BUT.........I should check with Charlene in about a week to make sure it was sent!:car: One step closer!

Dorthy, some people go back after 3 or 4 days. I think it would depend on what kind of work you do. I read that post too, but you will have to ask Dr.Choban what her policy is. Yes... you might be worrying just a tiny bit to soon...but thats what we all do...and thats why we need each other!B)

Hi Lady Q, how is everything going with you? I would be happy if I could say I was walking 3 times a week like you ..I know I can't keep up with Deb!! Maybe now that it is getting a little cooler I can get off my butt and walk.:tired

Debbie, thank you for your kind words. You are so right, I have a great life. I know I'm blessed. Not much longer and I'll be on the losers bench with you guys.

Sue... :clap2: I'm so happy for you. You are right, one step closer. But for now we wait again :rolleyes Your cookout sounds like a blast. Isn't it fun to just be silly and play in the rain??

Dorothy, it sounds like you have been through the mill with those spurs. Has your dr suggested having them removed? My SIL had hers removed and she said she wished she had done it long ago. I don't suffer that bad with mine, just when I ware "girlie" shoes. I have to say though that the older I get, the more I tend to choose comfort over looking cute and girlie:girl:. I wonder if it will be any better once you start losing weight.

I see my PCP tomorrow for my monthly weigh in. I'm praying for a loss. I have not cheated even though I wanted chocolate bad enough to take it from one of my babies!

I'm off to bed now. I hope you all have a blessed day!

Good afternoon girls!!

I had my weigh in with my PCP this morning. I lost 4.7lbs in 2 weeks. Not a huge amount, and I would say it was Water weight, but I'll take it :nod:.

I have to get back to work, but wanted to share that tiny victory :lost4lbs:122 to go:omg:

TM, 4.7 lbs in 2 weeks is HUGE!:whoo:You go girl!!!:clap2:

I have gained another 2 lbs! I am so mad at myself.:confused: I am out of control and all I want to do is eat!:help:

Sue,

I know the out of control feeling. When I quit smoking I gained 22 lbs in just a couple months. I was eating everytime I wanted to smoke. I felt like I had gone crazy.

Hang in there, we will be joining Debbie and Lady on the losers bench pretty soon.

hi, everyone.

i am being lazy today and not doing any exercise. maybe i will walk later on at work.

about the time off from work. i practically begged dr choban to give me a month off and she would only give me two weeks and said that was probably too long!! i have almost 10 months of accumulated sick leave and i really wanted some time off.

but after two weeks i felt fine and didnt have any problems. although i probably did kind of glide thru mushy to pureed to soft too fast.

i work at the post office, but thankfully i have an office job. if i had been out there on the floor and only had the two breaks and a half hour lunch it might have been different. because out there you arent even supposed to have a bottle of Water. how i could have gotten in enough water, i dont know.

i am on a little plateau right now and havent lost any weight. but i am not worried. it will start coming off again. we had cake at work yesterday and of course, i just had to have a piece. i still cant pass up the goodies. i just dont eat as much. before i would have gone back for a second piece and then if it sat there long enough, i would have polished off the whole thing just so it wouldnt go to waste!!!

Deb, that cake story sounds just like me! if it's there I will eat it all!:hungry:

TM, If we don't get to that losers bench soon there won't be room for both of us!:P I did a little better today. Did not eat the kitchen sink!:car:

Hello Everyone, Great job TM:biggrin1:! Well I am about to call Dr. Choban office to schedule a Fill appt. I do not have any restriction and I'm hungry, I called yesterday and spoke with Diane and she stated I need to come back in for a new Fill because I shouldn't be feeling HUNGRY:hungry: like I am. I haven't lost any weight either so I need to get this handle soon. I also need to work out much more then I have been but I'm just to lazy!!!!