Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Man Debbie I wish my parts didn't work, I don't need them for any thing I'm done having babies, I wish you could just go to the Dr. and say I'm done with my reprductive systems could you take them out and give them to some one who really needs them:).

Any way the reason I stop by to post is to share my 1st. sure fire indication that I have restriction:eek: Well I just got home from chruch and I'm hungry so I take out some chicken from last night and slice a few pieces, so I'm in a rush cause my DH is being ordained today at 4:00P so I need to fix him a nice lunch to take back to church and in between that I am snacking on my chicken, next thing I know I have this chest pain like I got some thing caught and it is painful, but I did not panic because I knew it was one of the side affects of eating to fast!!!!!! So then comes the thick salvia :doh: this lasted about five minutes boy have I learned my lesson. Ok now that I share this while it was still new I must get busy!

P.S I am still at 32 pounds, but I have lost inches:whoo:I am wearing an out that was to small last week but looks good this week. Talk to ladies later.

Lady Q..thanks for sharing your first "slime"? story! :spit::rofl:Congrats on the smaller outfit size!:rockon:And congrats to your DH being ordained! Does that mean that he will be a minster?

Have a great day everyone!:car:

Deb, my sister is 86 and had lasik on one eye a couple of weeks ago and is having the other eye done tomorrow. She says it's a piece of cake! The only drawback is that she didn't know she had wrinkles...and now she can see them! :car:

Sue, DH is a Deacon now it took up alot of Study time, and now every one is waiting on me to start the study but I don't know if I'm ready for it, I have already started the basic training but wasn't ready to do all the study that needs to be done, and getting in front of a board, well that just makes me nervous and guess what happens when I get too nervous :faint:yes I would just faint:bounce:. I know I have issues.

Dorothy I'm glad that you are feeling better. Debbie when you get on those scales Tuesday it will show a lost...... since you been sick that should help:teeth:. I know I always looked forward to getting on the scales after I had been sick, I would take weight loss any way I could get it!

:ranger: morning girls.

Lady....:omg: you poor thing. Glad to hear it only lasted 5 minutes, but WOOO HOOO on restriction!!! I bet the lbs start to fly :flypig: off now. WTG with the smaller outfit. I love when something fits that didn't before.

Congratulate your DH for me. I know you must feel so proud of him. It's wonderful to be married to a man that serves God.

Sue....:wave: howdy neighbor. I have to second everything that Lady and Deb has said. I get very nervous looking at those posts, so I have decided to STAY HERE WHERE I'M SAFE!!! :) AND DONT LOOK AT THOSE POSTS!!!! But now Lady has told a scary story about sliming...... you can't win for losing :ohwell:. Actually I am the kind of person that needs to know everything......good, bad, and ugly, that way I feel like I have made an informed decision. (then I'm up 1/2 the night with scary dreams :paranoid) We're gonna be fine. Promise.

Debbie....I'm gonna talk to the dietician at the Barix tomorrow, I'll ask her then what the diff. is in the bands.

Dorothy....Happy to hear from you. I get nervous when someone hasn't checked in for a few days. Sorry to hear you have been under the weather:sick. You and I may be banded around the same time. I have to do 6 months dietician visits and I have my 3rd of 7 visits Tuesday. (should have been last week, but got rescheduled) I am kind of glad because we are going on a cruise the first week of Feb. and I guess its the last time I get to eat like a horse:hungry:!!

I hope everyone has a blessed Monday.

i was looking at some of those before and after pictures on this website. they are so inspiring. some of those women become beautiful after shedding their weight. just like butterflies!!

i cant wait to put mine up there. but there is still way to go.

Lady--the few times something has gotten stuck on me--it has been chicken, too. but i have never slimed yet.

congratulations to your DH. He must have worked hard to get to this point and you must be a very supportive and loving wife.

yes, i agree this is the best message board. i am surprised more people dont chime in. when you go to those meetings at mt carmel there are over a hundred people in the audience. you would think some of them would find us.

i enjoy reading about everyones progress and stuff.

TM the slime story is helpful because if it happens to us we won't panic, we will know what it is...so thats not scary. Scary is ...help I have been miserable for a year, I can only get down a teaspoon of food a day,and I throw that up, and I want this thing out of me and my insurance won't pay for it!!! Stuff like that.:biggrin1: And like my ins. co. still saying.....no we haven't received any paper work for you!!!!! And still not getting a call back from Charlene!Is she our only contact option?? :)

Gee Deb, does that mean that we're caterpillars??? :) :cry

Hello Every one, Just got done walking on the Treadmill :)

I love visiting that site also debbie, too bad I won't be able to post my pictures on there. Although I told my DH I might decide to share my story with other people who start asking me what I am doing to lose all this weight:D, I don't think I will be able to just say...... Diet and exercise, knowing that they have tried doing that just like me and it didn't work. I will feel too guilty for not helping some one in need.

:thankyou:Thank you every one for the Congrats to my DH Thank you Jesus that all the Studying is done.

TM I am SORRY I scared you, I just thought I should share so that would remind everyone once you have your band to remember there is no reason to rush eating, always take your time and :guessChew, Chew, Chew. It wasn't a horrible experience, but I am thankful for this Web site because without it I would have been scared out of my witts, so a info Band person has the knowledge to know what is happening and not panic of something "minor" and cause a panic attack or some thing and call 911 thinking there is some thing seriously wrong.

Sue I see we are on at the same time, I am getting off now and taking myself to bed because 5:30a will be here soon and I won't want to get out of the bed:Banane39: Good night and have a Great day tomorrow!

Lady.... I'm so glad you and Debbie share with us. I want to know it all. I really do. Please don't feel like you cant share those things. I have read all the sorted posts on this board and know that some of them will more than likely happen to me (PB & sliming) but I am more than willing to take the bad with the good. Please post everything.....I have a need to know it all.

sue--you mean like a 6 month diet? no, i wasnt. that is usually a requirement put down by one's insurance company. dr choban doesnt require that.

dr choban wants you to lose 10 pounds before the surgery to shrink your liver. i tried but with all the "last meals" it just didnt happen. but she didnt say anything about my liver being big.

I was rereading some of these posts and saw that you said your 83 year old sister got lasik surgery!! was that something she just elected to do or was it a necessity? that was brave of her!!

they must put the tube down your throat after you are out, because i cant remember it. in fact,i cant remember much about that day at all.

Deb, my sister had cataracts although she swore she could see just fine. She decided to have it done because her eye Dr. refused to make her new glasses until she did. After much grumbling she had it done and now wishes she had done it sooner, now she only needs reading glasses. Although 86 she can run circles around me! She bowls on a league 3 times a week and is constantly on the go. Thats one of the reasons I want this surgery...so I can keep up with her!!:faint:

Spoke with Ins. Co. again this morning...they still have received nothing from Mt. Carmel. I called Charlene and got her voice mail again :( told her the problem and ask for a call back.....(still waiting for one from last Thursday) and yes I was very nice and polite! :hail: There must be someone else I can call if I am not satisfied with the service I am getting from her.

It seems like the friendly support went out the window as soon as I paid the fees!! 15 days should be more then enough time to fax something! I asked if there was something more that I needed to do before she could submit it. She had originally told me that she would send it in as soon as I paid for my classes .....then when I called her a week and a half later she said, oh no, you have to attend your first meeting with the dietitian then I can submit it. Now I'm afraid there is something else ...........WELL!!....in the middle of this soul cleansing RANT :embarassed: :heh: The afore mentioned Charlene called and said that she faxed paperwork to ins. co. on the 21st...only took 2 weeks... so now the ball is in there court.. Oh lordy...now a whole new set of things to worry about!!!! EEEEEEk!

Hmmm... just noticed...I called her on the 20th she faxed on the 21st..guess I jarred her memory!

Well ! I have been on vacation but its back to work today, so I wont have a much time to stress!!:)