Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Yea Deb! :clap2::clap2::clap2: You go girl!!

Just a thought....You're on your way to becoming a new woman... so maybe a new man is in order...It's his loss! Hang in there Deb!:hug: We're here for you.

DH and I just got in from visiting family down south :car: and what do I see..........

:woot: Debbie you are awesome!!! 50lbs!!!!:waytogo:

BTW....I'm glad to hear you went over to Just Plus. They are the nicest people there. I love getting a good deal.

I'm bushed so gonna say good night and I'll check in tomorrow at work. Have a blessed Friday girls!

i went to see dr choban this afternoon. i told her i didnt need a fill. i told her that if the scale started to go in the opposite direction i would be in. she said not to wait that long and to get one as soon as i started to feel hungry all the time. she said that as you lose weight your stomach also loses fat and that the hole will get bigger. i thought that was interesting.

That is interesting...and so is the fact that you're not hungry all the time!!!! Lucky you! You are doing great!:woot:

Now for my woes. :angryI just got off the phone with BCBS and they have not received anything from Mt. Carmel yet! I had my appointment with Michelle on the 10th at which time she told me she would give the papers to the long suffering,over worked,apparently verrrry busy( I got her voice mail again ) Charlene,and that said Charlene would promptly submit them to BCBS ( but that I should check in about a week to see if she really did.) :censored::waytogo::frusty: I am getting so stressed over all this waiting to find out if I even qualify for the darn lab band that I will have gained 50 lbs and probably will be turned down any way! I think if any one asked me right now if I would recommend this I would say NO..unless you can afford self pay!:faint:

Well Group I to went to see Dr. Choban, I decided I couldn't wait till my next fill date. Debbie I was there at 1:30p I was early (due to at shopping.) and being how they weren't busy they took me right back:) I now have 2 1/2cc and I can feel the difference today!!! I hope it stays that way. Debbie I was going to stay around so we could meet but I was pooped from power shopping in Jeffersonville and just had to get home for a much needed nap. But now we are on the same schedule time for getting our fills.

Debbie I see you have adjusted your ticker to another 3 pounds You Go:cheer2:Hopfully I will start losing faster with this fill. I guess I shouldn't be complaining because if it wasn't for my Band I would not be down 32 puonds :waytogo:.

i could hardly believe the scale this morning. i lost another 2 pounds. now all i have to do is not blow it over the weekend.

Sue---i know exactly what you are feeling. you feel so stymied and stalled. i went to see dr choban in march and didnt get my surgery till june. and that was all because of delays in paperwork. they need to hire more people. it is probably too much work for just one person.

from the time i began investigating the surgery last oct till the time i had it in june, i gained 15 pounds. if i hadnt had the surgery i would probably be at 325 by now!!!!

i look so good right now. i am tall (5'10') so even at 247.5, i look pretty darn good. once before i got down to 200 and people were telling me to stop losing and that i was getting too skinny. of course, i listened and didnt stop till i topped out at 300+ But this time that wont happen.

i am starting to look for a new man to help me forget the old one. I made an appointment to get contact lenses. afterall guys dont make passes at girls who wear glasses!!! i am too chicken to get that lasik surgery.

:wow2: Debbie you are on fire girl!! :flame:

Lady Q T, you are doing great 32lbs WTG!! :clap2:. You guys give me hope.

Sue, I was reading over on the Ohio intro board and saw you live in Perry County. I lived in Thornville for 5 years and just moved to Heath the first of this year. I kinda miss the country but LOVE my new house. I grew up in the Hanover area.... Yes I am a proud Licking Valley Panther and heading to the game tonight with DH.:cheer2: As a matter of fact I am about to head out the door now. I hope everyone has a great evening.

:ranger: Morning ladies. I hope you are all having a good weekend this far.

I woke up early and started my laundry and thought I would check in. I think I may be addicted to this board. I cant wait to see if there is anything new

My panthers won and I'm very happy about that :clap2:. I love going to the games, it gives me such a warm and comforting feeling. I see people I have known most of my life......very small and tight knit town. I think I forgot to mention that my appt. with the dietician had to be rescheduled for next week:pout:. I feel like it is taking for ever (even though its only been 6 months) I know some people had to wait for a year or more :woot: I would just die.

Debbie, it's great that you are loving your life right now :love: Good for you. I'm sure its going to get even better as the pounds continue to drop off. Look out girls...:Banane23:Debbie is in the market for a new man!

BTW.....I wore tinted contacts for years (loved them) I think I've had every eye color there is. I'm not sure why I switched to glasses :glasses.

Lady, First let me say 32lbs is awesome and you are doing great :clap2:. That being said, from what I have been reading, most people really start feeling good restriction after their second fill. I hope that's the case for you. I know I can't wait for the day when 1 cup of food is to much.

Sue, hang in there hon:hug:. I'm feeling your pain. I know the closer I get, the longer it seems to take. I will be praying that you hear something soon.

Lady and Debbie, what size band do you have?? I'm confused about the differences in bands and the sizes. I heard a 4cc band is better than a 10cc band, and then I heard that a 10cc band is better than a 4cc band :eek: :D :woot:. Do you girls know anything about this? I plan on asking Katie (dietician) when I go for my appt. next week. She may know what size my doctor uses and why......I hope.

Hey Dorothy.... :wave:Where are you?? Haven't heard from you in a few days. I hope all is well.

Hi Deb, good picture! If I get approved for the surgery I will try to figure out how to post one... If not I will be to busy trying to hang myself! :) Just kidding... I think. :D

TM I am between Somerset and Junction so we were practically neighbors!:P

Lady Q, looks like you're doing great!;)

Whoever said they are addicted to this board, I know what you mean! It's the first thing I check when I get home from work and I am disappointed if there are no new posts! :phanvan

Dorthy??? we miss you.:)

TM do you ever get scared reading posts elsewhere on these boards? I will just be full of confidence...then I will stumble across a post about all the things that go wrong and all the problems some people have after getting banded :) then I have to run back here where I feel safe and every one loves their band and no one is having any problems! :omg: Is anyone having problems here and not sharing? :) Is it an Ohio thing...better banding, less problems?

OMG! I go from being afraid I won't be approved for the band to being afraid that I will and then it will all go wrong!!! :Cry:

WELL!!!! now that I got that off my chest I feel much better! ;)

Hello Everyone!

Now Debbie you are showing off with adding your picture and all, I wouldn't be able to figure it out if I could add my picture:heh:. I think this fill is working for me, I haven't been really hungry only when it is time to eat do I have that feeling, I just hope it stays that way! Okay Debbie I have a personal question for you has your TOM changed any? I just had mine maybe a week and a half, and I am showing signs that I am getting ready to start again:Cry:, and I was wondering if it was due to the Band.

Sue, honey I'm going to need you to stay off the other post that are scaring you:Banane20:.

Dr. Choban is great at what she does and she is a caring Dr., her first concern is your health! There is a lady at my church who was to get Banded Aug. 19, 2007 when I get to talk to her I will ask her how things are going for her (she was to be banded by Dr. Price).

Well since I think it is going to be TOM I won't be getting on that scale of mine till next Sunday hopfully it will move on down! (at least I'm going to try, it is hard not to step on it to see if you are losing.

Okay I'm going to bed now before I know it, it will be time to get up and get ready for Church.

Good Night All

Hello Ladies,

Sorry, I have been pretty busy and then came down with some kind of stomach virus for a few days.

Nothing new on my end to report at this time. I have my second visit of my 6 month supervised diet on Tuesday. I can't wait to see how much weight I have gained!!!

Everyone seems to be doing really well. That give me lots of encouragement!!

Thank you all and have a nice weekend.

LadyQT---afraid i cant help with that TOM question. i am 57 and still have all my parts but they quit working a few years ago. Thank goodness!

Sue--one thing about message boards-the people who write fall into two categories. 1--having problems and looking for help. 2--extremely happy and want to share it.

remember there are thousands out there who dont write and are going about the business of living their improved lives.

that thought helped me because i worried about some of those horror stories too.

Dorothy--welcome back. hope you are feeling better

TM--i am not sure what size band i have but i think it is the 10cc.