Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Ok Banded pro's this is my first time posting , I would like to know if n e 1 has been banded in columbus, ohio at the Mt. Carmel hospital and if so how was your experience? I have just sent in my first set of paper work to be approve by their Dr. Also they are charging $300.00 for administrator fee (paper pushing to the Ins.), not to mention I will have to spend another $200.00 for their nutritionist and this $500.00 is not covered by my insurance:faint: . Are fee's normal? I was just wondering because I feel as much as the surgery cost, these things should be included! N E help would be nice

i called the insurance company today. i had been to see the dr at mt carmel on march 8. the insurance company said they have no record of the request for surgery, just a bill for the visit.

so i called the coordinator at mt carmel, she said 8 pages were faxed on march 28(a full 20 days after my visit). she said she would fax it again.

so i am no closer to an answer than i was 32 days ago.

my journey at mt carmel started on december 15 and i got all my prerequiments done ASAP so i could get this thing done, but it has been one obstacle after another.

i am really wondering if i shouldnt have gone somewhere else. but they are my insurances "center of distinction" . maybe i should just start over at OSU.

Hello Debbie, How are things going for you? Did your ins. get the fax from Mt. Carmel yet? You haven't given up have you? I went to see the Psychologist last week, I go to see the nutritionist on 4/23, then I guess I'll have to wait to get an appt. with the Dr. I hope none of my paper work gets lost I am looking forward to having this done soon. I'm just wondering if after the Dr. forwards my paper work to the ins. company they will make me do a six month's "supervise" diet, that will make me angry!!

i called the insurance company today. i had been to see the dr at mt carmel on march 8. the insurance company said they have no record of the request for surgery, just a bill for the visit.

so i called the coordinator at mt carmel, she said 8 pages were faxed on march 28(a full 20 days after my visit). she said she would fax it again.

so i am no closer to an answer than i was 32 days ago.

my journey at mt carmel started on december 15 and i got all my prerequiments done ASAP so i could get this thing done, but it has been one obstacle after another.

i am really wondering if i shouldnt have gone somewhere else. but they are my insurances "center of distinction" . maybe i should just start over at OSU.

no, i havent given up. i just keep eating and getting fatter and fatter by the day!!!

i will call the insurance co later this week and see if they ever did get it.

about the six month diet--i forget do you have the same insurance i do:BC/BS federal plan?

the coordinator made the comment that there was another lady with that insurance that got approved and she sent her paperwork in the same time she supposedly sent mine in. so it didnt sound like she had to go on a diet.

Glad to hear you haven't given up, I got kinda busy with my youngest son and his basketball and it took me time to get in and se the Psychologist, and set up the appt. with the nutritionist, so I am behind schedule then what I would like to be but I just keep me patition and know that I will get this done.

As for the ins. I have BS/BS but not the federal plan so hopefully I wont have to do the diet either I just keep envisioning me as the thin "young" woman that I'm going to be. So keep an positive attitude that you will have an surgery date soon.:)

no, i havent given up. i just keep eating and getting fatter and fatter by the day!!!

i will call the insurance co later this week and see if they ever did get it.

about the six month diet--i forget do you have the same insurance i do:BC/BS federal plan?

the coordinator made the comment that there was another lady with that insurance that got approved and she sent her paperwork in the same time she supposedly sent mine in. so it didnt sound like she had to go on a diet.

called bc/bs today. they said they got the packet from the dr on april 12. but still needed a couple things. they need the total cost of the surgery and a diagnosis code. i will call the coordinator tomorrow to see if she has sent this in.

insurance said to call back in a couple weeks.

now my optimistic date is middle of june. which will be 6 months since my initial seminar at mt carmel. and 4 months after i completed all my requirements.

people keep telling me that they are probably taking their time because they want me to be sure this is what i want. but i tell them no, it is taking so long because my paper work keeps getting lost.

i know i sound very negative. and i hate that. i am usually more optimistic!!!

That sound great, 6 months is not a long time to wait for this, if you think about how long other people have post on this forum and said it has taking them. Just think April is almost over so all you really will have to do is wait thru May, June will be here before you know it, also your not sounding Negative, just frustrated! I still have to pay for my administrator fee to get in to see the surgeon, I have done every thing else, I thought I would pay it Monday but I'm still waiting on my checks to come in the mail if they are not here by tomorrow I guess I will get a money order and send that payment out. I just figured out that I should have done that payment first, I didn't read the papers all the way through I just thought I had to have every thing done before I sent in that paper work. I spoke with Charlene and she said that it was ok, many people have done it that way to ( guess I'm not the only one getting excited and and not reading the all the writing). So hopefully I will be getting in to see the surgeon, and I will have a Surgery date right after yours:-)

i am still waiting.

but surprise, surprise the psychologist did submit the jan 17 claim to my insurance. i got an explanation of benefits today saying they paid him $187. they should have paid me. but that is okay.

I just checked with my insurance and they also paid the Psychologist instead of sending me the check, so I'll give it a few weeks and call his office to check the status of my refund of $184., that is after I confirm that he has sent my clearance to Mt. Carmel:D . I am waiting for an appt. with the surgeon. I hate wating!!!! Do you know if they have submitted the correct procedure code, and the total cost for the surgery to the ins. company yet?

i am still waiting.

but surprise, surprise the psychologist did submit the jan 17 claim to my insurance. i got an explanation of benefits today saying they paid him $187. they should have paid me. but that is okay.

i never did call the coordinator to see if they submitted the diagnosis and the total cost---i am too busy eating to call!!!! no, just kidding!!!

hopefully, they want this money as bad as i want the surgery so they are taking care of it.

now, i dont really care when i have it done. i wanted it done in april or may before everyone in the office started their vacations in june and july. i was hoping to get a month off and it wouldnt be a big inconvenience. but since there are only three of us and vacation season is starting soon, it is going to cause a problem. it will leave someone working all alone.

i guess now my goal is to be skinny by christmas.

i have no decent summer clothes i can fit in and i refuse to buy any bigger clothes that i will only wear for a one season.

Hi ladies, I hope to be banded at Mt. Carmel also. I just got my packet today and am very excited! I think those fees are standard....$300 for paper work then another $200 for nutrition classes. Has anyone checked with Insurance to see if they will cover any of that? Seems that we have to do a lot of the paper work....should get a discount!!:nervous I have to have a Phych. eval ( could be in trouble there!!) and an EKG they also want a diet history but said nothing about a 6 mo. diet.

on thursday i got my approval letter from bc/bs federal. actually it only took the insurance less than two weeks to approve it, once they got all the paperwork from the surgeons office. as i have complained before on this thread the delays and feet dragging were all the fault of the surgeons office. but its all over now so i will quit complaining!!!!

now i have to get a presurgery appt and some preadmission testing and get a surgery date.

lets do it!

I'm so happy for you, I am doing Cart Wheels, So that is not an earth quake you guys are feeling its just me flippping for joy for DEBBIE!!!:cheer2: have they told you how long it will take before you get a surgery date? I'm so happy for you Debbie! I will be sending in my $300.00 for my administration fee Friday! I had to use the money that I had for to go to Tennesse when my cousin was killed in an motorcycle accident, and then my car was in the shope and had to spend even more money! So when I get paid Friday I am just going to send them the money so I can get in to see the Surgeon and get on my way like you!!!!

on thursday i got my approval letter from bc/bs federal. actually it only took the insurance less than two weeks to approve it, once they got all the paperwork from the surgeons office. as i have complained before on this thread the delays and feet dragging were all the fault of the surgeons office. but its all over now so i will quit complaining!!!!

now i have to get a presurgery appt and some preadmission testing and get a surgery date.

lets do it!

Hi Suecasb! I just thought $300.00 was a bit much considering that we are doing all the work, All the Administrator is doing is sending the paper work that we did to the insurance company and waiting for the respond from the ins. I have completed all the things I needed to do now I have to send my $300.00 for administration fee. I kind of did things back wards:) Well Good luck!! Look through this web site, it has alot of good info!!!

Hi ladies, I hope to be banded at Mt. Carmel also. I just got my packet today and am very excited! I think those fees are standard....$300 for paper work then another $200 for nutrition classes. Has anyone checked with Insurance to see if they will cover any of that? Seems that we have to do a lot of the paper work....should get a discount!!:nervous I have to have a Phych. eval ( could be in trouble there!!) and an EKG they also want a diet history but said nothing about a 6 mo. diet.