Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

i am feeling great! i dont go back to work till jul 1 but i could have gone back today. i would just have to take it a little slow.

my stomach is a little black and blue around the incisions but it doesnt hurt. i havent taken any pain medication since i left the hospital. one reason being--the prescription was for roxicete which is liquid percoset and hardly any drugstores carry it. so after the first day i decided i didnt need it anyway.

i have lost 11.5 pounds already!!! what i love the best is my feet arent all swollen! i was able to get into a pair of previously too tight shoes today and they were actually roomy!!! that alone is a blessing!!!

i eat a little cream of wheat for Breakfast. a strawberry banana smoothie. Soup for lunch. a pudding cup, soup for dinner. it is harder than i thought to get in 60 grams of Protein a day. i try to mix Protein Powder in everything but i eat so little there is only so much you can put in a half cup of soup. and i try to sip Water between meals but i am not getting anywhere near the 64 ozs a day i need.

but i still feel fine.

Lady QT--good luck on your visit tomorrow!!!

Dr Choban is great. You will be getting your band before you know it!!!

all the waiting is worth it.!!!

You were right I liked Dr. Choban. She answered all my question whiched wasnt many due to this board and the book Fighting Weight by Kahliah Ali. Now I'm just waiting on the Ins. to get my paper work and approve my surgery. How are you doing? are your incisions doing, and your gas pain? hope you are feeling better!

Lady QT--good luck on your visit tomorrow!!!

Dr Choban is great. You will be getting your band before you know it!!!

all the waiting is worth it.!!!

You were right I liked Dr. Choban. She answered all my question whiched wasnt many due to this board and the book Fighting Weight by Kahliah Ali. Now I'm just waiting on the Ins. to get my paper work and approve my surgery. How are you doing? are your incisions doing, and your gas pain? hope you are feeling better!

i feel wonderful. :nervous i never anticipated i would feel so much better so soon.

like i said before my feet quit swelling. i am walking up and down the steps better. as of today i have lost 16.5 pounds and it feels more like i have lost 50. I really think if it had taken me a month to lose 16.5 pounds that it would not have had the same effect.

my gas pains are completely gone. my incisions are doing fine. my stomach is still a little black and blue but that is fading.

i read Khaliah Ali's book too. it was helpful and the story of her life was so interesting and kind of sad.

it only took my insurance 10 days to approve once they got the paperwork. i dont know what kind of insurance you have, but i suggest you follow up. in about two weeks call them and see if they got the request.

Good for you:whoo:! I cant wait to be banded and start losing like you!! Just think the weight you are losing now is "Free" weight loss, can you imagine what kind of weight that you'll be losing once you have your first fill?

i feel wonderful. :nervous i never anticipated i would feel so much better so soon.

like i said before my feet quit swelling. i am walking up and down the steps better. as of today i have lost 16.5 pounds and it feels more like i have lost 50. I really think if it had taken me a month to lose 16.5 pounds that it would not have had the same effect.

my gas pains are completely gone. my incisions are doing fine. my stomach is still a little black and blue but that is fading.

i read Khaliah Ali's book too. it was helpful and the story of her life was so interesting and kind of sad.

it only took my insurance 10 days to approve once they got the paperwork. i dont know what kind of insurance you have, but i suggest you follow up. in about two weeks call them and see if they got the request.

Hello Sue, how is your journey to be banded going? You haven't giving up have you? I am waiting for my Ins. to approve me, Hopefully they will do it soon so I can have a late July or early Aug. surgery date!!! The waiting is driving me CRAZY:eek:!!!

Talked to my insurance co. today...BC/BS Mass. The lady I talked to was shocked that they charge such a large administrative fee....it of course is not covered. She also said that since I have to pay the nutritional fee upfront it must be out of network and therefore not covered either. She suggested that I ask if I can take a nutrition class with someone in network so it would only be a $20. co-pay. I'm pretty sure there would be a reason why I can't do that so I don't think I will even ask. Maybe someone on here knows the answer.

Oh well! I have an appointment next week for my cardiac evaluation....the wheels are starting to turn. :clap2:

Hi Lady QT, I'm still working on it. The nutrition class is the only thing I have left to do from the list and I have an appointment with Dr. Choben Aug. 7th.

I am afraid the insurance might turn me down because my BMI is only 37 and they require 40 or co-morbids. I think I would have to gain about 12 lbs to get to a BMI of 40 and I really don't know what to do! If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this Please let me know! I am sure at the rate I am going that I will gain that much in a year but then I will have to start this thing all over again..money and all... plus I will be a year older and I'm 62 now!

Hello Sue, and Debbie,

:whoo:First let me start off with sharing the GREAT NEW'S!!! I received a call from Dr. Choban's office stating that my Insurance has approved me for the Surgery!!!! So now I am waiting for them to call me back to set up my next appointment!!!! Maybe I will be banded by the end of this month or the first part of next month!

Sue: Do you have any other health issue, such as High blood pressure, or diabetes? If so that along with a BMI OF 35 OR Higher makes you a canidate for lap band surgery. So good luck with that!

Debbie: How are things going with you how much weight have lost so far, have you started working out yet? Have you went for your first fill yet? do you have any suggestion for me to go out and buy to have at the house before I have the surgery?

Well as I said before I have chose not to tell anyone except my Husband about me having the surgery, so I must start working out so folks can see me and believe that this is the reason I am losing weight:eyebrows:. I guess in reailty it is kinda of little white lie:lie:. Oh well it's my business and !

Oh I must go out to dinner and have my "Last" meal Prime Rib:hungry: I know I shouldn't but I must. I will make sure that is my only meal that day! Talk to you ladies later!

Hi Lady QT, I'm still working on it. The nutrition class is the only thing I have left to do from the list and I have an appointment with Dr. Choben Aug. 7th.

I am afraid the insurance might turn me down because my BMI is only 37 and they require 40 or co-morbids. I think I would have to gain about 12 lbs to get to a BMI of 40 and I really don't know what to do! If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this Please let me know! I am sure at the rate I am going that I will gain that much in a year but then I will have to start this thing all over again..money and all... plus I will be a year older and I'm 62 now!

Congratulations Lady Q!!!! you are on your way!!!

I dont have much in the way of suggestions except what not to get. dont get the liquid Vitamins from GNC. i paid like 25 dollars for them and after day three they made me want to puke. stick with the chewable flintstones. also i love the chewable viactiv Calcium carmels. they are like my treat everyday.

as for the Protein powder--buy samples first before buying a big huge container. Once again, after a few days the Protein powder mixed in everything made me sick just to smell it.

have on hand plenty of creamy Soups. preferably somekind other than campbells which is loaded with salt.

some cottage cheese, some yogurt and some fruit to mix smoothies to mask the taste of the protein powder.

i am feeling fabulous!! so far i have lost 26 pounds in exactly a month.

today my boyfriend and my grandson and i went for a walk thru innis woods metro park. and i kept up with my grandson!!! this time last year i took him and i could hardly walk. my knees were killing me. this year my knees are not even bothering me.

then in the evening my boyfriend and i went for another walk along alum creek. and as i sit here nothing is hurting. it is a a wonderful feeling.

i havent done any working out other than walking every night. and i did some Water walking a few times. i plan on doing that more regularly soon.

and yesterday i went to look at bikes. i want to get one so i can ride around some of the paths in my neighborhood and all the parks around here. but a good one is expensive. i may have to wait till next spring for that.

Sue---i was going to say the same thing as Lady Q--if you have two co-morbidities you should qualify with a BMI of 35. If you dont have them consider yourself lucky, but most people our age do have at least high blood pressure and high cholesterol and at least some arthritis. surely you can scrape together at least two ailments!!!!

but if not--good luck. it will work out somehow.

i wish you all good luck!!!!

Congratulations Lady Q!! Debbie, it sounds like you are doing great!! I hope to be joining the fun soon! Your both right ...I'm sure there are enough things wrong with me to get me approved.. but I have been thinking about just gaining 12lbs so I can be sure they will approve me, then I can lose 100lbs!

:whoo::omg: This just in.............. I received a call today from Dr. Choban's office asking if I can have my surgery on Monday July 23!!! I can't believe it I only have 6 more days and I will be on the banded side I am so happy I could scream, oh ok oh ok I did Scream!!!!! I didn't think it would happen so fast but I'm so excited!!!!!! I just had to share my Great news with you guys!!!

Debbie what did you have to do the day before surgery, did they make you stop eating at a certain time the night before? I will be out of town this week end and won't be back to late the night before surgery and need to know what I will have to do while I'm away.

I know this sounds awful but I'm kinda upset that I will be out of town and won't have a chance to go to my favorite resturant and have my last piece of prime rib. Ok I will talk to you ladies later!

Congratulations Lady Q!!!! you are on your way!!!

I dont have much in the way of suggestions except what not to get. dont get the liquid Vitamins from GNC. i paid like 25 dollars for them and after day three they made me want to puke. stick with the chewable flintstones. also i love the chewable viactiv Calcium carmels. they are like my treat everyday.

as for the Protein powder--buy samples first before buying a big huge container. Once again, after a few days the Protein powder mixed in everything made me sick just to smell it.

have on hand plenty of creamy Soups. preferably somekind other than campbells which is loaded with salt.

some cottage cheese, some yogurt and some fruit to mix smoothies to mask the taste of the Protein powder.

i am feeling fabulous!! so far i have lost 26 pounds in exactly a month.

today my boyfriend and my grandson and i went for a walk thru innis woods metro park. and i kept up with my grandson!!! this time last year i took him and i could hardly walk. my knees were killing me. this year my knees are not even bothering me.

then in the evening my boyfriend and i went for another walk along alum creek. and as i sit here nothing is hurting. it is a a wonderful feeling.

i havent done any working out other than walking every night. and i did some Water walking a few times. i plan on doing that more regularly soon.

and yesterday i went to look at bikes. i want to get one so i can ride around some of the paths in my neighborhood and all the parks around here. but a good one is expensive. i may have to wait till next spring for that.

Sue---i was going to say the same thing as Lady Q--if you have two co-morbidities you should qualify with a BMI of 35. If you dont have them consider yourself lucky, but most people our age do have at least high blood pressure and high cholesterol and at least some arthritis. surely you can scrape together at least two ailments!!!!

but if not--good luck. it will work out somehow.

i wish you all good luck!!!!

that is sooooo great!!!!

it is too bad you wont be able to get that favorite prime rib because after it might be impossible. i know steak is a definite no-no. prime rib is a little softer so maybe eventually you could eat it.

enjoy this last week and just be assured the surgery is sooo easy.

i dont think i had to do anything the day before. i worked till 0100 and had to be down there early. i think i just couldnt eat after 10pm.

i will look forward to hearing from you soon after your surgery.

the first night in the hospital wont be fun but as soon as you get home you will start feeling better. like i said i didnt even get the pain medicine prescription filled.

:whoo::clap2: Wow that is so great!!! I'm so excited for you! That was fast!! Hope mine goes that fast! I too, will be waiting with baited breath to hear all about it! :clap2:

i know i cant wait to hear all about how her surgery went.

i go for my first fill on 7/31. i thought about cancelling it because i have lost 2 pounds each week, which is fine with me.

but the other day a friend brought over some KFC and i was surprised at how much i could eat, so i thought i better get that fill. i just hope it doest hurt!!

so sue, how are things going with you?