Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuck and Frustrated. ..

I know there are a hundred threads out there regarding this...so im sorry for posting.

I had been at a stand still for about 8 days, then the scale moved.....up about a pound! Now im stuck there for another 7 days or so. I am currently on soft solids and have been for a little over a week. I have upped my exercise too.

This is so frustrating and difficult. I really dont know what else I can possibly do differently to get myself out of this funk.

Any advice is appreciated!

Surgery 10/4/13

HW: 217

SW: 203

CW: 185

Don't be sorry for posting. Yes it happens to us all... and yes it's still a surprise when it happens to us!

OK, just follow your program. Try not to weigh every day. Increase your Water... peeing clear every hour or 90 minutes actually helps.

Remember this is NOT fat, this is (1) Water weight -- and may be cycle related, and (2) healing after major surgery.

There is ONE thing that you DO NOT do. You DO NOT give up.

That happens a lot to me too. I get stuck for a week or two and then a few pounds fly off. I think you have to keep your body guessing. Change up your exercise. Take a day off. Do a day of only liquids. This is what has helped me. I just got to onederland today after being stalled for a long time. It happens to everyone. Good luck!

I know there are a hundred threads out there regarding this...so im sorry for posting.

I had been at a stand still for about 8 days, then the scale moved.....up about a pound! Now im stuck there for another 7 days or so. I am currently on soft solids and have been for a little over a week. I have upped my exercise too.

This is so frustrating and difficult. I really dont know what else I can possibly do differently to get myself out of this funk.

Any advice is appreciated!

Surgery 10/4/13

HW: 217

SW: 203

CW: 185

A few things I've learned is how our bodies hold on to Water before a significant weight drop. The body is holding on for endear life when we don't eat enough calories. Drink lots and lots of Water. This may be TMI, but I lost weight after I took a BM. I eat a lot of Protein and I am no longer regular. Every couple of days my body lets go. Hang in there and measure yourself. Even the most fit people use measurements and not weight due to muscle weighing more than fat. You may be gaining muscle too. :-).

I totally get it! I am just about 8 weeks post and when that "3 week stall" reared its ugly head, I actually laughed to myself and thought, "well, that was right on cue!". But, as the days (now week and a half) have passed.....not so funny.

I didn't want to post anything either because of the many times it's been discussed!

OOps! I meant 4 weeks post!

Those of us who don't take ourselves too seriously will not mind posting on a thread containing a question that has been asked many times. I tried taking myself seriously once but looked into a mirror and ruined the whole thing. :huh:

WildChickie, sounds like you are doing what you can do. Your complex body has a schedule for weight loss. Unfortunately, your brain does not have the security clearance to see it. You apply science and discipline..the body must comply. It really is that simple. We also need patience which is giving time a chance.

If you are like me most of my overweight was put on over a long period. It came off in a much shorter period comparitively but at the time it was coming off I wanted it to hurry up. That is human nature. Your body doesn't care about human nature.

I occupied my waiting time looking at sharp skinny clothes and studying exercise regimes. I told my body, "Resistance is futile!" I am now a skinny Borg. :ph34r: :D

Thank you all for your input. I do realize I am not alone with this issue. That doesn't make it any less frustrating! I try not to weigh every day and didnt for about 5 days straight. So damn annoying waiting 5 days to find out you lost zip!

I will just keep on keepin on. :)

This third week stall is sooo frustrating. I was 242 on surgery date 10/14 and have been stuck at 226 for 5 days. I'm following the rules and exercising for 30 mins per day. I've lost 11.5 inches and my clothes fit a lot looser now. I am also drinking the Water. Can't wait for this to get moving again! Glad you started this thread!!

im right there with ya on this i was sleeved oct 11 2013and my perop weight was 384 surgery weight was 370 and my current weight is 348 but ive been stuck at 347 for over a week now and ive gone up to 348 then down to 346 and back to 347 and now im at 348 again and i sogned up for 52 weeks of personal training and have been goinng tto the gym 3 days a week 2 hrs a day im really frustrated

I understand completely. UPDATE I have now been at the same weight for almost 3 weeks. I wonder now if 33lbs is all I'll lose. So frustrating. Im countung calories, exercise at least 30 minutes a day/4days a week, I dont know what else to do....

Follow the protocol as closely to the letter as you possibly can. Stay positive. Stay patient. Maintain a food log. And stay away from the scales for at least a week and two would be even better. Think of that as your plan.

Sometimes you'll lose quickly. Sometimes slowly. Sometimes not at all. But your journey will be much less frustrating if you remember that regardless of what your weight is doing, your plan is ALWAYS the same. Follow your plan and the weight will take care of itself.

You're gonna love the new you!!

I'm right there with all of you. And it didn't occur to me that the 3week stall included pre op untill now. I hope the 3 weeks stall doesn't last for 3 weeks...that would suck!

I was exactly where you are last week. I had a stall that last almost two weeks. It was frustrating, but I was comforted a bit to know that it was very common. Still no fun at all. I had lost 12 pounds in two weeks, then nothing for nearly two more weeks. I was grateful for what I had lost, but I didn't remove most of my stomach for 12 lbs! Then, amazingly, this past Sunday I got on the scale and finally saw 229.2 when I had been stuck at 230-230.4. Now as of this morning I am 226.2. I honestly didn't change much to break the stall. I actually attempted to up my calories to 800-900 a day. Not sure if that is what finally helped or if my body just needed time to adjust. The stall will pass, just gotta get through it.

It sure can be frustrating, but it helps to know we all go through it. Some people lose faster, some slower, some steady, some not. Our bodies are unique and can only turn loose of so much weight. My advice is to get used to it :) I've been at the same weight for about 2-3 weeks. I hate it too, but I don't let it ruin my day.

One thing I did that really helped me is to track and graph my weight weekly. I do weigh daily, but I only "count" my weight once a week. I log it in excel and graph it. I've learned that in the last 10 months, I've actually stayed the same or gained only 6 times. I have it in writing, otherwise I think I'd believe I was not a steady loser. Seeing it like that really helps me to see progress over time, and it gets me through these times of slow/no loss.

It's about the long haul - not the day to day scale reading. Just keep doing what you need to do, and you'll see that the weight does come off over time.