Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommendations for stomach and thighs

Anybody out there that can make me some recommendations to get rid of my stomach and inner thighs some? I know eventually I'm going to get plastics but if I can make it less, that would be great! I'm down 90 pounds , from 250 to 160 and 10 pounds from goal. (Sleeved 07/2012) Currently in a size 6, but so tired of wearing these Spanx like things to keep me looking somewhat normal! Help!! ????

Susie....you can work your core with so many full body exercises, and inner thighs are really hit hard with sumo squats. But the experts all agree you cannot spot reduce fat. It's like draining a pool....the Water drains equally. Before my TT I really thought I still had an extraordinary amount of fat around my abdominal area. Turns out it was just excess skin posing as fat. I know your plastics are gonna make all the difference.

So that's my long winded way of saying stick with full body compound exercises for resistance training....and mix in some cardio. Think of exercise as refilling your life gas tank. Each little bit makes you healthier and extends your life.

Edited by Butterthebean

Plank ing.

Anybody out there that can make me some recommendations to get rid of my stomach and inner thighs some? I know eventually I'm going to get plastics but if I can make it less, that would be great! I'm down 90 pounds , from 250 to 160 and 10 pounds from goal. (Sleeved 07/2012) Currently in a size 6, but so tired of wearing these Spanx like things to keep me looking somewhat normal! Help!!

Just curious how tall are you? (i keep comparing myself to people of similar starting weight as i'm trying to determine my expectations for excess skin)

"Sweetsusie"............like Butter stated, the compound lifts, core exercises and squats will be most beneficial. With that said, lifting can help some, especially with low to moderate loose skin, but with big loose skin issues.....it can only do so much. Are you noticing just a little loose skin? Also, how close are you to reaching goal or maintaining? If you've lost 90 so far and expect to lose say another 30-40 pounds....it's going to be challenging to avoid the loose skin. Basically, the more weight loss, the harder to build enough muscle to help fill in loose skin.

"Sweetsusie"............like Butter stated' date=' the compound lifts, core exercises and squats will be most beneficial. With that said, lifting can help some, especially with low to moderate loose skin, but with big loose skin issues.....it can only do so much. Are you noticing just a little loose skin? Also, how close are you to reaching goal or maintaining? If you've lost 90 so far and expect to lose say another 30-40 pounds....it's going to be challenging to avoid the loose skin. Basically, the more weight loss, the harder to build enough muscle to help fill in loose skin.[/quote']thanks, I'm only 10 pounds from goal. I'll have plastics soon enough.