Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

frustrated at 9 months...need motivation

Feeling frustrated. sleeved 1/21/13. started at 232, today I'm 166, down 66 pounds. I'm 5'6. but the past month I haven't lost, actually gained 2 pounds. I don't feel restriction at all. I've had a lot of personal stress with some serious family problems. so I've turned to foods I love. yes I've been drinking diet dr pepper and very little Water. my boobs are like 2 day old helium balloons, my buttocks fell off and my skin......ugh. I am VERY grateful to be down 66 pounds.......but I need to lose at least 20 more, 30 would be great. I need some motivation, not a lecture.

Hey there,

I'm just a month ahead of you and can understand the frustration.

I copied this months ago from another poster, gmanbat, knowing one day I would need to refer back to it.

"You have beaten the greater part of your enemy. It's on the ropes. Kill it.

Go over your battle tactics one at a time, cover all the bases. Water, Protein first, exercise, Vitamins, Fiber, sleep, no browsing, and whatever you use in your fight.

Accept no excuses, show no mercy, don't lie to yourself.

You can take it to the goal and beyond, it is in you. Grab it. Get mad, get mean. Win. "

The best part is you know exactly what you need to do, you just need to re-focus your desire to meet your goal.

You have come this far. Go for it.

Thanks Gmanbat!

Good luck.

not sure this makes you feel anybetter... but I reached a similiar cross roads at about 8 months out. I had not reverted to soda, but rather was over eating Protein bars and doing alot of small things that took my "good"losses down to a trickle. I realized that for me, underneath it all, was mixed feelings about losing more weight. That sounds strange, but I was in the 190s which was amazing compared to the 300-330 range. Friends were so congratulatory, I was out of plus sizes, and I could physically do things I wanted... and yet I still had a very comfortable layer of fat. Lets face it, I looked matronly still. And I still had the "turning to food" as a viable option for comfort. My appetite returned and I felt pretty unsteady on my feet and in many ways very alone. I had hoped losing weight would help restore my relationship with my signifiant other of 15 years and it was becoming apparent that it wasn't.

I finally had to choose to face many of my feelings of lonliness and loss versus stuff them down with comfort consumption.

I can't say exactly what motivated me or made up my mind to push on, but the key was making that decision. Some people say that losing weight after the sleeve was "easy" but that is not how I would describe it. i had to give up alot of comforts from the beginning. After that first 100-120# loss, I had to fight for every pound.

My nut helped me pinpoint the dietary sabatoges - Protein Bars being a leading source of overeating for me, believe it or not. I got pretty diligent about lowcarb. I discovered high intensity type exercise, eventually HIIT. I made it to goal 14 months after surgery. Then I maintained for 6 months before deciding to drop a few more pounds to get to 150.

It's not too late for you to get this backon the right track and I think you know how to do it, but it isn't easy. I am really glad i did though, I love being able to wear cute clothes and just being normal sized.

Feeling frustrated. . turned to foods been drinking diet dr pepper and very little Water. my buttocks fell

Success2013

your name says it all :)

you have been very successful

sorry you are going through a few bumps in the road :(

I'm buttless too!!! :( ;)

but i know you can get back on that horse!!!

holy moly girlfriend - 66 lbs down!!!!

i'm relieved that you know what an accomplishment that

i know you can lose the remaining weight you want to

NO lecture, really.............

but you know what you gotta do

to me ALL the Water rules are essential

you need to get back to drinking properly

no drinking with meals, don't drink for up to an hour after you eat!!!!

the feeling, realization that you will improve your health and happiness is/has been a great motivator for me

like many others, i have slipped too :(

i remind myself how much i went through to have this surgery, recovery, hard work to reach goal et al

i don't want all my hard work to be in vane today, tomorrow or ever

i bet you feel the same way

remind yourself of all the improvements you have had since your weight loss

health benefits, just the happy feelings you've had :)

i know you can do this!!! really i do!!!

you look like a young un from your picture with the cool sun glasses ;)

sounds corny - but you've got so much ahead of you - should/will be all good

you will do this, i know you will be successful again

good luck

kathy

66 lbs!!!!

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Hey there' date=' I'm just a month ahead of you and can understand the frustration. I copied this months ago from another poster, gmanbat, knowing one day I would need to refer back to it. "You have beaten the greater part of your enemy. It's on the ropes. Kill it. Go over your battle tactics one at a time, cover all the bases. Water, Protein first, exercise, Vitamins, Fiber, sleep, no browsing, and whatever you use in your fight. Accept no excuses, show no mercy, don't lie to yourself. You can take it to the goal and beyond, it is in you. Grab it. Get mad, get mean. Win. " The best part is you know exactly what you need to do, you just need to re-focus your desire to meet your goal. You have come this far. Go for it. Thanks Gmanbat! Good luck.[/quote']

thank you so much for sharing this!

not sure this makes you feel anybetter... but I reached a similiar cross roads at about 8 months out. I had not reverted to soda' date=' but rather was over eating Protein Bars and doing alot of small things that took my "good"losses down to a trickle. I realized that for me, underneath it all, was mixed feelings about losing more weight. That sounds strange, but I was in the 190s which was amazing compared to the 300-330 range. Friends were so congratulatory, I was out of plus sizes, and I could physically do things I wanted... and yet I still had a very comfortable layer of fat. Lets face it, I looked matronly still. And I still had the "turning to food" as a viable option for comfort. My appetite returned and I felt pretty unsteady on my feet and in many ways very alone. I had hoped losing weight would help restore my relationship with my signifiant other of 15 years and it was becoming apparent that it wasn't. I finally had to choose to face many of my feelings of lonliness and loss versus stuff them down with comfort consumption. I can't say exactly what motivated me or made up my mind to push on, but the key was making that decision. Some people say that losing weight after the sleeve was "easy" but that is not how I would describe it. i had to give up alot of comforts from the beginning. After that first 100-120# loss, I had to fight for every pound. My nut helped me pinpoint the dietary sabatoges - Protein bars being a leading source of overeating for me, believe it or not. I got pretty diligent about lowcarb. I discovered high intensity type exercise, eventually HIIT. I made it to goal 14 months after surgery. Then I maintained for 6 months before deciding to drop a few more pounds to get to 150. It's not too late for you to get this backon the right track and I think you know how to do it, but it isn't easy. I am really glad i did though, I love being able to wear cute clothes and just being normal sized.[/quote']

Thanks for sharing your story. you are right. I've got to get back in and fight!

Success2013 your name says it all :) you have been very successful sorry you are going through a few bumps in the road :( I'm buttless too!!! :(;) but i know you can get back on that horse!!! holy moly girlfriend - 66 lbs down!!!! i'm relieved that you know what an accomplishment that i know you can lose the remaining weight you want to NO lecture' date=' really............. but you know what you gotta do to me ALL the Water rules are essential you need to get back to drinking properly no drinking with meals, don't drink for up to an hour after you eat!!!! the feeling, realization that you will improve your health and happiness is/has been a great motivator for me like many others, i have slipped too :( i remind myself how much i went through to have this surgery, recovery, hard work to reach goal et al i don't want all my hard work to be in vane today, tomorrow or ever i bet you feel the same way remind yourself of all the improvements you have had since your weight loss health benefits, just the happy feelings you've had :) i know you can do this!!! really i do!!! you look like a young un from your picture with the cool sun glasses ;) sounds corny - but you've got so much ahead of you - should/will be all good you will do this, i know you will be successful again good luck kathy 66 lbs!!!! congrats[/quote']

I was hoping to hear from you proudgrammy. you always have the right words. thank you

Wow! Thanks ladies.. needed to read this forum.. I too am almost at my 10 month post op and have been in an emotional struggle with food again... my food intake has increased and I have beem making some poor choices.. but Im ready to get bacl on track and lose these last 50-60 lbs

I am in the same boat and don't know what to do. 9 month I'm eating poorly gaining weight. Depression, no job, and food addition does not help me. I say I can do it. But I give up right away it's like I don't care. I know I need to see a counselor but no money. So hoping someone here can help. I take meds for depression OCD anxiety. And I literally sleep all day. And have up on myself. I can't seem to be motivated.

I am in the same boat and don't know what to do. 9 month I'm eating poorly gaining weight. Depression, no job, and food addition does not help me. I say I can do it. But I give up right away it's like I don't care. I know I need to see a counselor but no money. So hoping someone here can help. I take meds for depression OCD anxiety. And I literally sleep all day. And have up on myself. I can't seem to be motivated.

Not assuming to counsel, but try tackling it one day at a time. Make the best choices you can for today and deal with tomorrow when it comes. You're not done, you can do this. Go back to basics if need be. Stay strong Anna.

Not assuming to counsel' date=' but try tackling it one day at a time. Make the best choices you can for today and deal with tomorrow when it comes. You're not done, you can do this. Go back to basics if need be. Stay strong Anna.[/quote']

I am so weak. I said to myself I am going to go back to basic an start the liquids and mushy then soft. I get motivated at night thinking and then when morning comes it's back to failure because I get so hungry especially at night. I just had two long crackers and a half with a lot of Nutella just not and now I'm going to bed. I need to seriously so something but I can't control I am thinking about food every second of the day. I was never like this. This is getting out of control and I can't control myself. I go crazy for junk and that's what I eat all day. How can one change there mind and take charge? Because I sure can't. I want to but I can't. And I am struggling with that big time. :(

I am so weak. I said to myself I am going to go back to basic an start the liquids and mushy then soft. I get motivated at night thinking and then when morning comes it's back to failure because I get so hungry especially at night. I just had two long crackers and a half with a lot of Nutella just not and now I'm going to bed. I need to seriously so something but I can't control I am thinking about food every second of the day. I was never like this. This is getting out of control and I can't control myself. I go crazy for junk and that's what I eat all day. How can one change there mind and take charge? Because I sure can't. I want to but I can't. And I am struggling with that big time. :(

I know this might sound crazy but try eating that naked in front of the mirror. It might jolt you back to reality.

I know this might sound crazy but try eating that naked in front of the mirror. It might jolt you back to reality.

It won't. I ha my mom two days ago take picture of my body front, side, and back. And I did this app to put the pictures together so I can look at it every time and see how I look so maybe that would stop me. Well it doesn't. It like I don't care how I look. I just don't understand depression is the worse.

Maybe instead of going back to the mushy stage, you could try going back to a major Protein phase. Buy good stuff.... steak, deviled eggs, good cheese, rotessiry chicken, crab legs, shrimp, ribs, etc., then add some of your favorite vegetables to the mix. Think about what you can eat, not what you have to stop eating. I'm not an expert, but this is something to try.

I have to confess, I am a bit of a carb nazi and don't count calories or track my food. I just try to do Protein and eat whenever I want so I never feel deprived..... Well at least not until tonight when my family wouldn't share their Halloween candy.< /p>

My depression and anxiety got worse too I found a psychiatrist that takes my insurance and was able to get some help and adjust my medication .

Some medications (I'm not suggesting that you stop taking your meds) can make you constantly want to eat. There are many doctors that work on a sliding scale (they charge depending on your income). Try checking different hospitals, they may be able to get you some free help . The fact that you are writing about it means you are ready for help. That's a great start. Best of luck to you.