Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing expenses after surgery

Fortunately I kept some of my old clothes, so I'm set for 4 sizes........but church tag sales, good will, thrift stores are great places to shop......I've gotten things like Chico's clothing, brand new, with the price tags still on them for a few dollars....can't beat it.

There are also things to make your dollar go farther.....for example, this website shows how 13 pieces of clothing can give you 31 looks........http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/09/13-different-clothing-pieces-turned-into-31-different-outfits.html I used to know how 9 pieces of clothing gave you 27.......can't remember the details, but very similar to what they show in that link.

I tend to wear tops a little longer......as I lose weight, I tighten my belt and then if desperate take in my pants at the waist.......and it may not look the best, but my tops and suit jackets cover my newbie sewing attempts and no one is the wiser, so I can wear the pants for 2 sizes.......

Kind of off the subject - I'm a www.moneysavingmom.com follower too :) www.hip2save.com is also another great savings blog ;)

I am super excited at the prospect of being able to shop for common sizes in any store. Of course I realize things may still fit funny even after weight loss because of my body shape, I'm still excited. The link posted above about using a few pieces to create multiple outfits is great. Good luck to everyone before and after!

I am too! And my clothes right now barely fit, so I think I'm set on clothes for a couple of months. I have clothes ranging from sizes 16-22, XL-3X in my closet. So certainly as I lose weight after my surgery in February I will have some things to wear from what I already have. I'm having such a hard time not buying clothes right now... I like shopping in general...I have to just tell myself to wait and in a few months, I hope to be fitting into spring clothes that I haven't been able to fit into for years! Do you know how many pairs of jeans I OWN right now? over 20 pair! Do you know how many I can fit into right now?! ONE. ONE PAIR!! Can't wait to start wearing them again!