Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing expenses after surgery

You can buy anything on Etsy. :)

You can buy clothes on etsy??

Oh no! I've opened Pandora's box for you and it shan't be closed!

Etsy has AMAZING clothes (especially for otaku girls like me hehe) but their fare has a unique quality too, wrap sweaters, coats, I could go on forever. It's awesome.

Oh no! I've opened Pandora's box for you and it shan't be closed! Etsy has AMAZING clothes (especially for otaku girls like me hehe) but their fare has a unique quality too' date=' wrap sweaters, coats, I could go on forever. It's awesome.[/quote']

So these are hand made clothes??

So these are hand made clothes??

Some are! They will say. Some will let you send in measurements so they fit you wonderfully

To make your shoes tighter, use a foam insole. You can cut them any shape you like, depending on the style.

Any of these stores in Dallas have men's clothes?

Cubbies -- I don't know if the GW Boutique has men's clothes. I'm pre-op, and designer clothes don't fit me quite yet, so I haven't tortured myself by going in. :) My husband has to dress professionally, and I buy a large lot of his dress clothes at thrift stores. Brooks Brothers, Jos. A. Bank, etc. can regularly be found on the rack for just a few dollars. My favorite thrift stores are Thrift World and Thrift City in Lewisville, as well as Thrift Town in North Richland Hills. If thrift shopping is not your thing, we regularly hit up the fine menswear clearance racks at Belk and Dillard's. Surprisingly excellent prices. Burlington Coat Factory and the JC Penney outlet at Grapevine Mills also have great prices on men's clothes.

Whenever you're at goal, I highly recommend the Traveler Oxford shirt from Jos. A. Bank. Their shirts are excellent and will last a very long time, and their Black Friday prices are great. (They're pricey the rest of the year, but Black Friday prices are low on shirts, slacks, and suits.)

This was a concern of mine too. My husband told me "well you can always shrink them in the wash the way you accidentally do my shirts" Lol

Haven't had surgery yet' date=' but i wanted to know does it get expensive when it comes to buying clothes after surgery. Because I'll be losing weight fast, I'll have to go shopping constantly. Which i would love but I don't got it like that. Lol

Linda305[/quote']

Goodwill stores are all .99cents every Wednesday & Sunday. I get good clothes there & save lots.

I'm 10 months out, and started in a 26 pants and a 2 or 3x on top. I'm now in a 10 top and 14 pants - normal people clothes! So, you can see how many sizes I went through. I wore everything as long as I could, and probably beyond what I should have :) I skipped buying some sizes, and I only had enough to get me through. So, I would have one pair of jeans, and 5 pairs of pants for work, with a few more options for tops. I gave up on suits for a while. None of my shoes fit either, so I've gradually been replacing them. I searched at the good will and salvation army, and it ended up being just too much effort for too little yield. I don't have a lot of time for shopping, so I abandoned that effort. I have been very successful in department stores sales racks. In the spring I got pants for $10 a pair, and sweaters/shirts for similar prices. I am really looking forward to getting to goal so I can have a stable weight and begin to build a beautiful wardrobe that will last, as opposed to always needing to shop and buy what's cheap/fits/looks decent. It's way more fun than shopping for fat clothes. but in some ways it feels the same because I can't buy what I really want because I know it's only good for weeks or a couple of months. Either way, I always say I've had worse problems ;)

I hate clothes shopping, and fortunately, I wear scrubs at work, so don't need a lot of work clothes. I tend to do mail order, and have a roomful of clothes mistakes from things I should have returned but never did (one of my postop projects). Fortunately my best friend is a shopaholic who considers it a challenge to find things at TJ's, thrift shops, etc. For her, it's a stress reducer, for me, it makes me want to jump out of my skin.

Part of me still wants to hold back some fat clothes, just in case. After years of different diets, and the inevitable weight gains afterward, it's hard to have faith emotionally. Although with the band, I gained some back but not up to my top weight. Does anybody else feel this way?

I'm 10 months out, and started in a 26 pants and a 2 or 3x on top. I'm now in a 10 top and 14 pants - normal people clothes! So, you can see how many sizes I went through. I wore everything as long as I could, and probably beyond what I should have :) I skipped buying some sizes, and I only had enough to get me through. So, I would have one pair of jeans, and 5 pairs of pants for work, with a few more options for tops. I gave up on suits for a while. None of my shoes fit either, so I've gradually been replacing them. I searched at the good will and salvation army, and it ended up being just too much effort for too little yield. I don't have a lot of time for shopping, so I abandoned that effort. I have been very successful in department stores sales racks. In the spring I got pants for $10 a pair, and sweaters/shirts for similar prices. I am really looking forward to getting to goal so I can have a stable weight and begin to build a beautiful wardrobe that will last, as opposed to always needing to shop and buy what's cheap/fits/looks decent. It's way more fun than shopping for fat clothes. but in some ways it feels the same because I can't buy what I really want because I know it's only good for weeks or a couple of months. Either way, I always say I've had worse problems ;)

We were the same pre-op size...I hope/pray/plead/beg to be your size one day!!! It gives me hope!

These are are all great ideas - thanks

We were the same pre-op size...I hope/pray/plead/beg to be your size one day!!! It gives me hope!

You will be - it will happen before you know it! I can't believe how fast it's gone!

Do any of you sew? Making skirts is *super* easy and can also be ridiculously cheap. Might be an option. Dresses are also cheap to make, but a bit more work.

Pants with a zipper and shirts (and suits) are pretty difficult and time consuming. Those are best to buy in my opinion. Pull on pants are super easy. ...just a thought! (Sorry for the random super late comment!)

I asked this very question not to long ago! What I am doing, is buying clothing a few sizes down, at the end of the season so they are on clearance. I am cleaning out my closet of all my summer clothing, they will not be anywhere near sizes that will be fitting me. There are also a ton of websites that offer discount clothing, like Zulily.com. It's going to be, for my anyway, buy a few pieces at a time, ones that will last for a bit and not look too bad if they are a little big. Once I hit my goal, I am using money I am saving up for my new wardrobe!!