Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calories and protein

Ok.. so my surgery is on 10/21 and I started my m

10 day liquid diet on the 11th. I am only gettong around 540 or so calories a day and 80-100+ g Protein. Does that sound right? How many od those Protein Drinks are you supposed to have in a day? Day 2-3 was only really hard in the evening, better tonight.. I haven't cheated but I've come really close. Down 8.5lbs since fri

That sounds about right to me calorie/protein wise. Considering Protein Shakes and possibly milk are your only Protein source 2-4 shakes depending on the amount of protein in each shake/your personal protein goal.

Stay strong on that liquid diet!! You will need to resist just as much if not more after surgery (and you will be so weary from doing the liquid diet Pre op too), due to your new sleeve being at risk for a leak etc. Just don't look through the food threads for now, they will only tempt you at this point :) You can do it!!

This question is best for your Nut or MD. My surgery is 10/22 and I am on a 2 week pre-op diet, but it includes between 1500 and 1800 calaries for someone over 250 lbs. I am supposed to eat something (MRD, Greek Yogurt, Protein bar) about every three hours. I am then to finish off the day with a "lean and green" meal (2-4 cups salad or veggies and 3-4 oz lean meat). The day before surgery is all Clear Liquids and of course bowel prep. I am 7 days in and have lost 14 lbs. I feel like killing someone most days, and hide in my room so I don't smell food from the house lol.

IEveryone has a different program....again ask your MD or Nut. Best of luck!

That sounds right to me also. I am on an all liquid high Protein diet and I've been tracking daily. Those numbers are consistent with what I've been consuming as well. I'm on day 11 right now... And have 5 more until surgery day!

Edited by gomekast

Thanks.. I am following everything to a "T" its just craxy to see the actual numbers. I start day six today and I'm pretty mych passed the sugar and fat detox so feeling better. food, or rather lack of it, isn't really bothering me any more. Just looking forward to Monday! Thanks dor your help and good luck!

Your Monday, and i am Tuesday. We got this!

Yeah its been an entire week... two days to go! Not hungry any more but tired. It doesn't seem to matter how much Water I drink I can't seem to get hydrated... Monday can't come soon enough.

I feel the same way. I've felt so thirsty but can not quench it. I think I finally figured out that it's because we haven't had real food in our mouths...the real food triggers the saliva to appear to help break it down inside our tummies.

I've got 2 more dreaded days of shakes and then a clear day.

I can no longer handle regular Water right now. Been drinking lots of propel zero lately. C'mon Tuesday!