Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MN Buddy Wanted. 11/8/2013 Sleeve Date

My very first post. Starting liquid pre diet on 10/29/2013. Have not told many people. Trying to figure out where to jump in for support. Thanks

Welcome Tammy! I am a MN sleever too. I live in Bloomington. Where are you having your surgery done? I am 26 months post op. Best decesion I have ever made.

Hi, your surgery is 2 years to the day I had mine. Also from Minnesota. To goal awhile ago. Maintaining just fine. Welcome. This will go great for you. Linda

I'm so glad someone responded. Have felt so overwhelmed by all the information available. I'm having it done at Park Nicollet in St. Louis Park. We live in Prior Lake so it's not too far. Who did yours? Also, how do you create the tracker of the weight that so many people have? Thank you Thank you.

2 MN people. So cool. I went to a thing called the Weight Loss Journey this weekend in Plymouth. Met some really great ladies. They meet every Saturday at 10:30 in Blaine at the Barnes and Noble. Do either of you have suggestions on telling people? I have told a few co workers but I'm most nervous about them all seeing me lose weight so fast. I'm so afraid that having the surgery will make me feel like somehow they will think less of me. Why do I even care, not sure.

I'm so glad someone responded. Have felt so overwhelmed by all the information available. I'm having it done at Park Nicollet in St. Louis Park. We live in Prior Lake so it's not too far. Who did yours? Also, how do you create the tracker of the weight that so many people have? Thank you Thank you.

Awesome. I am a RN for Park Nicollet! and I had my surgery at Methodist/ Park Nicollet with Dr. Thomas Jones. My boyfriend lives in Prior Lake/ Savage. I got my tracker from an outside website... I will put a link in for you!!

Seriously, small world. He seems very nice. Has it been hard to maintain the weight loss? I did find a tracker on the left side. I'm going to try that next.

Hey you got the tracker! I feel like it has been fairly easy to maintain. Although I set my weight loss goal fairly high. (169 at 5'4'') I have been the same weight 169-171 for 18 months + now. Most people don't think I weigh 170, (most guess 150!) I pretty much eat whatever I want, but if I go above 171 I take charge and will find myself at 168 in a week. I recently decided to make it to the 150's now that I have maintained so long. I am training for a 5k! I am pretty sure I can make it to my new goal of 159, before the new year! The first 3 months are ROUGH, but sooooo worth it. I have never maintained any weight, (not even 260lbs) for this long ever!! Ask me anything! I am happy to help.

I had mine done August 29th at Unity Hospital in Fridley with Dr. Baker. I didn't really tell anyone ahead of time except for family and some really close friends. It was really important for me to have the support in place for me before I went through the journey. Haven't really told many co-workers at this point.

Many of the women I met this past weekend had Dr. Baker. I'm not telling any family outside my husband. My parents will just tell her all the bad things that will happen to me. As if I didn't realize the possible problems. I can't tell you guys how much it means to have someone to email and feel a connection. I would really like to make videos, blog and post Facebook. Maybe after I've had it done.

My only thing was the nausea later in the day that I had surgery and part of the next morning when they had me swallow the contrast to make sure I had no leaks. Other than that I had no pain medication at all aside from what they gave me when I was first brought to my room. Things have gone quite well so far. I'm sure you'll do fine and there will always be people here to talk to if you need anything. Good luck with the rest of the journey leading up to the big day.

Many of the women I met this past weekend had Dr. Baker. I'm not telling any family outside my husband. My parents will just tell her all the bad things that will happen to me. As if I didn't realize the possible problems. I can't tell you guys how much it means to have someone to email and feel a connection. I would really like to make videos, blog and post Facebook. Maybe after I've had it done.

I was very open about my surgery. I told anyone I felt comfortable telling. I blogged and posted on facebook about it! New people I meet, I may or may not tell them. Totally do what you feel is right for you!

I'm also from MN! I live in Burnsville and will be having my surgery on November 21 with Dr. Jeff Baker at Unity. I went through almost the entire program with Park Nicollet a few years ago only to realize I wasn't ready. I am now, though! I'll be thinking of you this week as you gear up for your surgery! Good luck and best wishes!

I am starting my journey into WLS as well! I live in Chanhassen and am scheduled for my initial consultation with Dr. Drew at Ridgeview Medical in early December. Tammyd0966, good luck and keep us posted on your journey.

I am also from Minnesota! I had my surgery March 6th of 2012. Looking to possibly get some plastics done next summer when I'm done with college for summer. Totally willing to talk with anyone about surgery stuff! More support/buddies is never a bad thing :)