Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm really not trying to be the needy, whiney butt of the group, but I could seriously use some encouragement. I was sleeved on 9/16 an lost 11 pounds the first two weeks. Since then (last 12 days) the scales has not budged!! Surely this works. Surely when you have 80% of your stomach removed you lose weight. I'd like to know what you were eating and how many calories a day you were getting in your fourth week post-op. My surgery weight was 239. I'm at 228 today. Thanks for sharing your weight loss story with me. This stall is a real wench.

Edited by laffypatty

Once you are able to start taking in some calories the scale will start moving again....and even though the scale does not always move you are still losing inches

Thanks. I found this great recipe for egg salad made with Greek yogurt and avocado. I will make that for lunch. I really do need to eat more! I appreciate your response.

My doctor told me to eat more often. I'm 6 wks out and have lost 10lbs in the last 4 wks. She said if I could eat Protein more often then I would loose faster.

Are you getting in any of your Protein? And it will move Hun, it may take a little bit but it will...the others are right, when you eat more it will come off. Try not to be too discouraged...my scale hasn't moved in a week BUT I have lost inches...right now I'll take what I can get.

I'm getting most of my Protein, averaging about 70 grams per day. I force myself to drink a bottle of Isopure every day because that's 40 grams! This morning, I made my Syntrax Nectar shake with two scoops so I could both increase my calories AND my protein. It'll take me a while to finish it, but when I do, that'll be 240 calories and 42 grams of protein. I'll take it! :-)

YOU WILL DO FINE. This is (sadly) not abnormal. Just follow your program!

I had my surgery 9/10/13 and I'm having the same issue. I'm getting pretty emotional about it because I don't want to fail at this. My pre op weight was 297 and post op 270. I'm lost cause I been stuck at 270 for 2 weeks now.

i am 2 weeks post op and i'm hav ing a really hard time with my Protein and my Vitamins. they make me sick. like vomiting sick after i take them. for protein i found a liquid whey protein that my surgeon approved. it is by Twinlab. 2 tbls of this is 15g of protein! makes it super easy to meet your goals.

Is it mandatory for all of you to weigh yourself every week? I know myself too well, and I fear if I do that and see a stall, I will feel discouraged and upset. I plan to ask my NUT if I can just weigh in once a month at the center instead. I figure in the meantime I can just judge my progress by how I feel and how my clothes fit. At least, that's my hope.

Is it mandatory for all of you to weigh yourself every week? I know myself too well' date=' and I fear if I do that and see a stall, I will feel discouraged and upset. I plan to ask my NUT if I can just weigh in once a month at the center instead. I figure in the meantime I can just judge my progress by how I feel and how my clothes fit. At least, that's my hope.[/quote']

You see, that's part of my problem. I'm obsessed with the scale; I have been my entire life!!

Is it mandatory for all of you to weigh yourself every week? I know myself too well' date=' and I fear if I do that and see a stall, I will feel discouraged and upset. I plan to ask my NUT if I can just weigh in once a month at the center instead. I figure in the meantime I can just judge my progress by how I feel and how my clothes fit. At least, that's my hope.[/quote'] it's not but I'm just anxious. I'm about to stop doing it every week cause the scale is the devil. I will say that I'm losing inches though cause my clothes are fitting a lot looser.

Welcome to the three week stall! I think the majority of us were all there with ya. I lost 15lbs the first two/three weeks and then lost nothing for about two weeks.

Your body is in shock, it's adjusting and healing. Just keep tracking and it will move, I promise!

I totally get how you feel. I was sleeved on 19th aug. I have been the same weight for over three weeks now. My portions are tiny compared to a normal portion. I am just worried I am eating too much during the day? I seem to be snacking a lot. I feel like I have failed already